Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2011 10:44:36 PM EDT
Now that the WA State law has changed regarding suppressors, I am starting to look into the details of purchasing one.

Does anyone know if the CLEO in Whatcom County or the City of Bellingham would sign off on a Form 4 for a suppressor?  Anyone have any experience with this in these areas?

Link Posted: 4/12/2011 6:09:20 AM EDT
[#1]
In the past, sheriff Elfo has been reluctant to sign off because of the state law prohibiting use. I'll see him today or tomorrow and let you know where we stand. I'm betting we'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 6:47:52 AM EDT
[#2]
That would be much appreciated!  

If he will sign, will I simply need to make an appointment to see him once I figure out what I want to buy and get the paperwork from the class 3 dealer???  I am guessing it is not as easy as walking into the Sheriff's office with the form 4!  

This is all new to me so I am not sure of the protocal with the CLEO.
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the CLEO in Whatcom County or the City of Bellingham would sign off on a Form 4 for a suppressor? Anyone have any experience with this in these areas?

BTT
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#4]
If you have not received a reply by now then there's a good chance that the answer is no by default.

But by all means, go ahead and keep posting the same question.

Next time use bold type and make the letters #4 or bigger.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]
This one is on me, sorry. Sheriff Eldon wasn't in when I dropped off my paperwork this week. I'll keep trying.
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This one is on me, sorry. Sheriff Eldon wasn't in when I dropped off my paperwork this week. I'll keep trying.

No worries.  Thanks for the updated info.
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you have not received a reply by now then there's a good chance that the answer is no by default.

But by all means, go ahead and keep posting the same question.

Next time use bold type and make the letters #4 or bigger.  

Well, I figured that since I don't check this website every single day that there may be others out there that didn't get a chance to see the thread.

Thanks for the "constructive" input though.

Link Posted: 4/21/2011 2:43:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Ive heard that the sheriff is now signing off. Might have to call the office to check on the procedure.
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ive heard that the sheriff is now signing off. Might have to call the office to check on the procedure.

Thanks for the updated info!  It is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I spoke with sheriff Elfo a few days ago. He said he'd be happy to do anything to assist law abiding citizens exercise their second amendment rights. He's onboard and has already started.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Now signing eh? Makes me wish I still lived there! Back in the day when I was at Western I could not get a sign off. But I was after a suppressed SBR and the sherrif wasn't signing. I was pissed.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I spoke with sheriff Elfo a few days ago. He said he'd be happy to do anything to assist law abiding citizens exercise their second amendment rights. He's onboard and has already started.

That is great news!  Thanks very much for the update.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top