User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 10:52:44 AM EDT
Anyone going?  Is it worth the drive?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#1]
yes and yes
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I gotta sweet talk the wife, so maybe I will be going.  

Yes, it is worth going.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:11:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Going on Saturday morning.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:50:57 AM EDT
[#4]
10:50am Sat.  ................. must ................. move ............... fat ................... @$$
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Went today.  Sucked in my opinion as all gun shows do.  Beater 85% AUG for 4k...  No thanks.  maybe my standards are too high for what I was hoping I would find.  No HKs to be seen anywhere, and I wanted a damn decent Vertical Foregrip, not a made in China dollar store one, but those were non-existant.  Was that too much to ask?  Saw a couple of good deals but nothing I was very interested in.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Did they have any Colt 6450's (9mm carbine)?  I'm thinking of taking mine there tomorrow to sell.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw 1 9mm AR, just glanced at it, didn't see price or manufacturer, sorry...
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Mudboy, IM sent....
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Went today.  Sucked in my opinion as all gun shows do.  Beater 85% AUG for 4k...  No thanks.  maybe my standards are too high for what I was hoping I would find.  No HKs to be seen anywhere, and I wanted a damn decent Vertical Foregrip, not a made in China dollar store one, but those were non-existant.  Was that too much to ask?  Saw a couple of good deals but nothing I was very interested in.

Well my take on the Gunshows here....DONT GO, if your looking for something!  I go only to talk with some of the vendors that know me on a first name basis....Look, but really not expecting anything!  If I need anything AR related I can go to Gibraltor and A-Zone or Firearm Exchange has what I want.    Or go to Westland and visit Firearm Exchanges store, they have all of the AR, AK, HK and so on!  Plus they are moving to a bigger building here real soon.

ant
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah I went, always seems like the same stuff(mostly junk). The only thing I usually buy is ammo from the ammunitionstore. So I picked up a crate of Yugo 7.62 ammo(1260rds).
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#11]
was very disappointed in the pontiac show, I don't think I'll go to another one again.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#12]
For what its worth, there maybe few "deals" to be had and there maybe a more than a fair amount of crap for sale. It is still good to know that we can still go to a gun show, even if you dont buy anything it sure beats the hell in the middle of January to go to a gun show than to sit around in the house moping  because its friggen freezing outside. Just because they dont have what you might want right there at a super "giveaway" price dosent mean that the show is crap. If you cant find what you want some of the vendors will order it for you { gee what a novel idea!} and you can pick it up at the next show or have them mail it to you. Let me put it another way, In your line of work that you do for a living do you give everything away? Oh hell no! you are in business to make money
{another novel idea!} what do you think these ppl are doing? They may be going about it in a different way but thats what they are doing so cut them some slack or stay home and quit bitching.
SHEESH!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I drove like 3 hours but it wasn't a wasted trip, even if I didn't buy aything.  I got to see some cool stuff.  
I guess I'm spoiled on the internet, where you can get any gun you want basically.  Those guys that don't buy guns on the net must think the gunshow is mecca.  I do respect the dealers for doing what they do, but I wonder if they sell enough stuff to make it worthwhile to set up a table...
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Got a pretty good deal on Radway Green SS109... There were a lot more AR's than I expected, going rate for a 16" folder bushy seemed to be $650. Almost low enough to remember the good 'ol days.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top