Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 3:28:05 PM EDT
Who all has been?  On a whim I went today and was impressed.  Anyone else taken an SUV through the trails there?  I saw a LOT of purpose built trailered trail rigs out there, but very few actual daily driver type vehicles...is this common?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Pic in my avatar was taken there on Twister.  It's one of the few parks I have been to.  Mostly because it is less than an hour for me to get there.  We were up there three weeks ago and had beautiful weather.  I would like to get back up there next month, but I am in need of a new front drive shaft and have a trip to Superlift ORV Park in March.  It seems like the percentage of trailered rigs increases every time I go out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have not been there in a long time but need to get back out soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#3]
North of gilmer Barnwell mountain?
Is so, trailered rigs are a dime a dozen. Got the 60k daily drivers pulling the 100k custom rigs.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have not been there in a long time but need to get back out soon.
View Quote

Sold my toy. Too far away for me to enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#5]
My buddy and I took our H1's out there. It was fun. We both have since sold our trucks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I go on occasion. My '96 XJ is my DD so I usually don't take it on anything above a 3. It's good fun and the wife enjoys going so its a shared activity with her. Grab a couple of friends all DD's and we spend the day.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Went a couple of times about 10 years ago. Had a great time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:21:54 PM EDT
[#8]

my buddy Craig took me out to Barnwell about 8 years ago with the Jeeps of East Texas club.  We were in his purpose built, TJ based crawler.  It was an AWSOME experience, but that was my first trip to a true off-road park so I didn't have much to compare it to.  A few weeks later I took my stock '99 extended cab Z71 out there - was having a blast until I got high-centered just as I was ready to call it a day and drive home.  Came home with LOTS of "Texas Pinstriping" and a big dent in the cab below the pass. back door.    Anyway, I was hooked and I've been trying to build up a rig of my own ever since.  Unfortunately, my firearms habit keeps soaking up what little discretionary funds I have.    

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Was out there all weekend with the Land Rover club, almost all of the trucks we take out there are daily drivers. Great place and only about 2 hours from Dallas. It was nice to finally see new bathrooms and showers by the pavilion
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top