Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2008 8:45:48 PM EDT
Mar 15 & 16. Anybody going?
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm gonna drive up for a day.
Link Posted: 1/14/2008 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Hope you can make it..Are you going to need a spot to shoot and eat dinner ???Pike
Link Posted: 1/15/2008 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's just a little piece of the fun we had last year.

Yea we'll be representing the RGV.

Video
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here's just a little piece of the fun we had last year.

Yea we'll be representing the RGV.

Video

glad you are going to make..see ya there...
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Just a heads up, if you are coming, need to know, getting low on spots....10 left.Pike
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there a visitor/spectator fee?
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yes but per TJ, unless you pay a range fee, you can not shoot...If you want to bring your own, I will have a place in my area to shoot your firearms as well of my goodies...Less expensive than getting a spot but you can still eat. If you want to watch only contact me directly...Pike
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

What I am going to do, is set up an EZ Up on the far left side of the range and put some sort of barrier tape to show where they need to stay. Also will have some bales of hay to sit on or BYOC (Bring your on Chair) The fee is $10 a day per person, no shooting-no dinner..If they want to eat with the rest of the shooters, I MUST have the dinner funds and MUST know by Feb 15th..Dinner is an additional $10 per person...No $$ no Food..Not trying to be an A-Hole but I must have head count to make sure I do not run out of food,drinks and desserts..Dinner is included with the range fee.   Camping is $5 per day per person and $15 per day per RV. This all goes to Tiger Valley on camping funds..Remember, spectators can not shoot firearms..If they want to shoot, they must pay a range fee..That is the rules and I must follow them..Okay, I hope this helps and does not get anyone upset but I have rules that I must follow to keep this event safe, fun and ongoing..Thanks...Pike
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remember, spectators can not shoot firearms..If they want to shoot, they must pay a range fee..That is the rules and I must follow them..Okay, I hope this helps and does not get anyone upset but I have rules that I must follow to keep this event safe, fun and ongoing..Thanks...Pike

How much are the range fees?  Is it the same price for children who wants to shoot?

Thanks,

Booker
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remember, spectators can not shoot firearms..If they want to shoot, they must pay a range fee..That is the rules and I must follow them..Okay, I hope this helps and does not get anyone upset but I have rules that I must follow to keep this event safe, fun and ongoing..Thanks...Pike

How much are the range fees?  Is it the same price for children who wants to shoot?

Thanks,

Booker

Shooting spots are $160 for a 10 x 10 for 2 people and dinner...How old is the child ??? Extra shooters are $75.00 each...
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#11]
My friend , his son, & I were there last year as spectators and we'll be back this year. Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My friend , his son, & I were there last year as spectators and we'll be back this year. Looking forward to it!

Awesome.As spectators or shooters this year ??? Are ya'll staying for dinner ??? I am trying to make this year better..Will have new shirts and coins for sale again..Cars being stripped this weekend and have some new reactive targets on the way..Pike
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#13]
More than likely all 3 of us will just be spectators. I may come for both days though. What time will it end & dinner start? I'll mention it to him; he can barely plan 2 days ahead let alone 2 months!
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
More than likely all 3 of us will just be spectators. I may come for both days though. What time will it end & dinner start? I'll mention it to him; he can barely plan 2 days ahead let alone 2 months!

i plan on going hot at 9:30 maybe 9:00 if things are tready with everyone. Go cold at 5:30 or so and start dinner  30 minutes later...I am getting things down there earlier and I really want to go hot by 9:00 but getting everybody in, registured, set up and the targets (Binary) set may slow up my plans. Can't put Scarcrow out the night b4 due to moisture..Hope to see you all Pike

Just a reminder..Spots are all but gone Please contact me if you are coming. I need to know ASAP....
Link Posted: 2/7/2008 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#15]
BOB 08 Update
 If you have contacted me for a spot, I need funds ASAP..Looks like I am sold out as long as the people pay that said they were going to. I just got back from SHOT, met SC Texas and the Mrs, his wife must have been blind to marry him, and some others off the board from various states and good time was had..Anyway, back on topic, I need to know from you soon if you are going to make it and I am assigning spots on a paid basis. if any left over, I will post it here first..Later Pike...
Link Posted: 2/7/2008 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#16]
If we paid already, are you sending out an e-mail of what spots we got or do we just show up and give our name at check in?
Link Posted: 2/7/2008 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#17]
If I have not , I can, just send me email me your info and I will send you one,(to those that did not send their email address) otherwise, just check in at shoot..I thought I had sent you one already with a slot but I will double check..Recovering from  Vegas. Lost clothes, late flights, fell and messed up foot, gotta love pain pills but the SHOT show was great. The Gunny sat next to me on Sunday for breakfast and I BS'd with him for well over an hour..That was AWESOME, no ego at all and full of stories,Truely a Great man..Ran into Stone Cold Steve Austin, like hitting a wall, turned a blind corner and BAM!!..Shook hands and talked a few then he left, so pretty cool there also..John's Guns may come out and do a demo at the shoot..Working on more and will let you know as it happens...Pike
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 6:47:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Getting closer who's going from here?
We'll be there under the Snap-On EZ-UP.
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Yup.  I'm paid up.  This year I'm going for both days.  Last year I made it on Saturday only.  Looking forward to pulling a trigger or two.
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Look forward to ya'll to making it down there and the shoot. Please reintroduce yourselves to me on Saturday Night when things settle. The AM has me slammed..Alot of new targets on the way and Scarecrow has shipped also..All 22 cal mix this year. the bgger the bullet, the bigger the bang..Have some left over targets that will be mixed and used also..Cars are here and bowling pin targets are being built..Damn, what happened to cheap 2 x 4 's ??? Coins and Shirts are in the works, so things are not too far behind. Food was ordered this week for dinner and the trailer for food and drink will be on the line also again this year...Don't forget to bring a ground cover, if you do , I will have some for sale at cost at the barn..Oh well goota get back to work..See ya'll soon...Pike/Glen and just for SC....Pikey..Later
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Will there be a night shoot?

Looking forward to seeing full auto action soon!
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Will there be a night shoot?

Looking forward to seeing full auto action soon!

Not as far as I know .TJ does not want tracers, too much of a fire hazard..Sorry but gotta go by the guy that makes the rules plus he is a pretty good sized boy...I am too old and fat to out run him if he gets p/o'd...I am looking for a larger range that will allow a night shoot as well as other pyro activities if anyone knows of a place. Maybe an old rock quarry that is for sale,lease or rent..TJ and I have talked about this so it is no secret that I need more room to grow for tracers, night shoot and spectators etc.I can still use his range until I find a suitable place but it is time to grow..Looking for something around 90 miles of DFW...Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice little pickup. Saturday morning before going hot.

Sunday morning when we left.

Can't wait to see this years victims.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Oooooh, I would like to go check it out, but then again it is St. Patty's Day and I'm sure some suscepible young woman on Greenville Ave. is just waiting for me to come up and talk to her  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I see a nice hole in the roof from one of those Mongo's placed there.

Getting stuff ready now so I sure won't forget anything to bring.

Pike, got more stuff for ya.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 7:42:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Oooooh, I would like to go check it out, but then again it is St. Patty's Day and I'm sure some suscepible young woman on Greenville Ave. is just waiting for me to come up and talk to her  

I heard SC is coming in his Tank top and pink Hot pants...
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I see a nice hole in the roof from one of those Mongo's placed there.

Getting stuff ready now so I sure won't forget anything to bring.

Pike, got more stuff for ya.

Mongo Like Candy !!!  Cool !!! Got in more goodies yesterday and coins hit Shirts are ready..Waiting on long term weather forcast now. Binaries are here as well as my truck is back..Had to to kidnap it back but I have it finally. Taking cars down next week, got a show this weekend..Good Luck on the Sig show this weekend. Don't think I can make it unless I haul from the show on Saturday after 5:00 PM Does it go until 6:00 PM ? have Lil Bit with me for the weekend also. We can try and sneek down if you are open  Let me know..Pike
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 7:52:38 AM EDT
[#28]
10AM thru 6PM. Posting a list of all what the Sig Rep brought in the  original thread.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
10AM thru 6PM. Posting a list of all what the Sig Rep brought in the  original thread.

Thanks Will try
Link Posted: 3/10/2008 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Local weather for Fri & Sat is 70s/sunny during the day. 50s at night. I can post weather for Sunday in a day or so. Rained last night & I think there's a chance mid-week but not for the weekend..
Link Posted: 3/10/2008 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Local weather for Fri & Sat is 70s/sunny during the day. 50s at night. I can post weather for Sunday in a day or so. Rained last night & I think there's a chance mid-week but not for the weekend..

Everybody start doing a Sun Dance..Long term looks good but who knows, Texas in March is always a fun weather month...If everybody shows up that has paid or commited, there might be 1 10 x 10 space left on a first come first serve, sounds like my ex-wife, anyway coins, shirts, targets, My truck and alot of door prizes are here. Working on getting the cars down before Thursday and the bowling pin targets are being cust as we speak. should be fun had by all...See ya soon...Pike
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Anybody posted some pics and videos yet?  Those cars were so shot up I don't think Fred Sanford would even take them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top