Posted: 1/6/2007 7:18:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Ha, that was a crazy game.
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Fun game to watch, I hate the ones that are blowouts. Go SeaHawks! And say hi to The Red Goat for me. I had the pleasure of his company at a GTG here in Seattle last night. Made me think allot better of Texas.
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
LAces out ------
When kicking a FG or extrapoint from that distance it does not matter.
It is the longer distances that the balls flight will be effected.

He just lost control of it.

Bummer---
Not a Cowboy fan - but I hate to see ROMO do poorly.
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#6]
that was some frustrating shit to watch........I can only imagine how bad it must suck to be Tony Romo tonight.......
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
LAces out ------
When kicking a FG or extrapoint from that distance it does not matter.
It is the longer distances that the balls flight will be effected.

He just lost control of it.

Bummer---
Not a Cowboy fan - but I hate to see ROMO do poorly.

ummm, you ever see Ace Ventura: Pet detective?
Link Posted: 1/7/2007 1:03:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
that was some frustrating shit to watch........I can only imagine how bad it must suck to be Tony Romo tonight.......

No shit, even I felt bad for the guy...

Did anyone catch the beating his hand took, looked like a chunk of meat.

Link Posted: 1/7/2007 4:18:04 AM EDT
[#9]
That was brutal to watch... Almost as irritiating as the Stars vs. Edmonton game the other night, only they won....
Link Posted: 1/7/2007 5:19:39 AM EDT
[#10]
It says over on the Cowboys website that Jones "welcomes" both Parcells and TO back next year.
TO seems to want to come back; Parcells is slightly less certain.
But what about Romo?
Bill kept saying, in effect, we haven't seen the whole Romo picture. I guess we have now.
And TO... I didn't know till last week that he wasn't just dropping passes because he's TO - he has a hand injury that may or may not be fixable; that he probably should have had surgery and missed the season.
The fact remains that as long as he is percieved as a threat, he will tie up defenders, helping other recievers get open -which is worth something.

TO: When, and if, you start producing like the mega star you think you are, then you can talk s**t all you want.
Romo: If not for you, the Cowboys wouldn't have been in the show. It's bad, but it is NOT all your fault. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed watching you play and inspire the been there, done that Cowboys this year. Lose the fumbles, lose the hurried and unwise passes, and KEEP the enthusiasm.
Link Posted: 1/7/2007 5:25:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It says over on the Cowboys website that Jones "welcomes" both Parcells and TO back next year.
But what about Romo?
Bill kept saying, in effect, we haven't seen the whole Romo picture. I guess we have now.
And TO... I didn't know till last week that he wasn't just dropping passes because he's TO - he has a hand injury that may or may not be fixable; that he probably should have had surgery and missed the season.
The fact remains that as long as he is percieved as a threat, he will tie up defenders, helping other recievers get open -which is worth something.

TO: When, and if, you start producing like the mega star you think you are, then you can talk s**t all you want.
Romo: If not for you, the Cowboys wouldn't have been in the show. It's bad, but it is NOT all your fault. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed watching you play and inspire the been there, done that Cowboys this year. Lose the fumbles, lose the hurried and unwise passes, and KEEP the enthusiasm.

Being not a huge football fan, I was surprised when I saw Romo holding when I started watching the Cowboys again earlier this season.  If I had a QB, the last thing I would want is his hands next to a guy running up and kicking...as fast as he could.  Cowboys should have found someone else to hold than their #1 QB.
Link Posted: 1/7/2007 5:29:07 AM EDT
[#12]
That's funny.  I'm not a big FB fan either, but when I saw him bobble it I screamed, "Laces Out - Asshat."

R.
Link Posted: 1/7/2007 6:12:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But what about Romo?

Being not a huge football fan, I was surprised when I saw Romo holding when I started watching the Cowboys again earlier this season.  If I had a QB, the last thing I would want is his hands next to a guy running up and kicking...as fast as he could.  Cowboys should have found someone else to hold than their #1 QB.

Romo started the season as the #2 QB.  Had he started as the #1, he wouldn't have been the holder.  Not that I care.  I was cheering when he muffed the hold
Link Posted: 1/7/2007 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
But what about Romo?

Romo will be back as the starter next year. It's about time the Cowboys had a bit of consistency at the quarterback position. I like Tony Romo, I think he did good this season in the situation he was thrown into, and I think he'll get better with experience. That's just a hell of a way to lose a game.
Link Posted: 1/7/2007 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I heard/read somewhere else also, that the cowboys really don't have a #2 or #3 quarterback, which is why Romo was holding the fg ball.  I could be wrong, just what I heard.

What really irked me was the penalities.  Lots of "mythical" penalties against the 'Boys...
Link Posted: 1/7/2007 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard/read somewhere else also, that the cowboys really don't have a #2 or #3 quarterback, which is why Romo was holding the fg ball.  I could be wrong, just what I heard.

What really irked me was the penalities.  Lots of "mythical" penalties against the 'Boys...

Yeah...but just like the Mavericks last year...the Cowboys had the talent to get the job done, if only they wanted it enough.  I'm pretty excited about next year.  After Troy retired, I haven't paid much attention to football for the last few years.  Bobbled hold or not, I find Romo to be an exciting player.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 5:05:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Thats what happens when a Rookie gets all cocky and starts screwing around with Celebs before the game. I know that stupid cocky smile of Romo would come back and bite him in the ass one day.

Link Posted: 1/8/2007 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But what about Romo?

Romo will be back as the starter next year. It's about time the Cowboys had a bit of consistency at the quarterback position. I like Tony Romo, I think he did good this season in the situation he was thrown into, and I think he'll get better with experience. That's just a hell of a way to lose a game.

You're damn right he will be back! As for how they lost- it took the whole team to put them in a position where one muffed kick could lose it. Romo did not lose the game by himself.
I did like how he manned up and took responsibility for it, even though he was heartsick about letting his team down.
I think next season he will be a lot better, and he was good this year.

Now if we could convince the offensive line to block, the defensive line to rush, the linebackers to tackle and the defensive backfield to cover we would have something.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 5:03:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 1/9/2007 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But what about Romo?

And for all the TO bashers, even as sorry as he was and as many dropped passes and little production........he still managed to receive 1206 yards for the season and post season as bad as he was. He was ranked 5th in the NFC and Romo was ranked 7th.

I'll say one thing TO needs to be bashed.  Wonder how many he would have recieved for if he wasn't mr butter fingers.  I uhh didn't uhhh mean to uhhh take uhh those uhh pills uhh with the uhhh Jack D. uhh miss ma'am is that what I was suposed to say?  
Secondly Romo just needs to get over the jitters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top