Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2005 9:34:50 AM EDT
Can someone point me in the direction of some Dillon dealers around Houston.  I want to get a new reloader but I want to skip all the shipping charges and maybe get a hands on look of what I'm buying.  I've been snoopin' around on E-bay looking for a reloader but everyone wants to rape you on shipping charges and I can get a new reloader for what some want for a used one.  I'm in Houston about once a month so it's not a special trip.  I can't remember if Bass Pro or Gander Mtn. sells any Dillon items.  Any suggestions?  
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Typically Dillon is a factory direct thing, and neither Gander or Bass Pro carries their stuff.  I know there is a guy in Houston that sells Dillon as some the guys I shoot with use him, but I can't remember his name or phone number.  Does anybody know?
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't remember if there's a Cabella's in Houston, but they carry them...
I'm just north of San Antonio and have seen them in the Buda store...

Sports Warehouse may carry them as well...

God Bless,
Doc S
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#3]
there was a little reloading shop over on cypress n. houston. forgot what it was called.

if i pass by there i will check or at least get the number.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
there was a little reloading shop over on cypress n. houston. forgot what it was called.

That's 10Ring.  They carry Lee, RCBS.  No Dillon.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Can someone point me in the direction of some Dillon dealers around Houston.  I want to get a new reloader but I want to skip all the shipping charges and maybe get a hands on look of what I'm buying.  I've been snoopin' around on E-bay looking for a reloader but everyone wants to rape you on shipping charges and I can get a new reloader for what some want for a used one.  I'm in Houston about once a month so it's not a special trip.  I can't remember if Bass Pro or Gander Mtn. sells any Dillon items.  Any suggestions?  

I got one sitting in the dining room.  Maybe I should invite you over to get a look at one.  You could load up some ammo for me.  

Seriously, I have one, and will be happy to help you with one in any way.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's 10Ring.  They carry Lee, RCBS.  No Dillon.

that its, well i tried
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I kind of figured it was a somewhat factory direct, especially with there not being a "dealer locator" link on their website.  I know there's one website that sells them and has free shipping of Dillon products so I may go that direction.  Where's the cheapest yall have seen them on the web?  I know Bass Pro or Cabela's doesn't sell the presses because they aren't listed on the online catalog.  Just looking to save a few bucks and maybe some shipping.  I have a good friend who reloads, I know he has a Rock Chucker and some MEC shotshell reloaders but I don't know if he ever got a Dillon.  I'll have to check with him, I haven't been to his house to see his reloading operation in a while.  Thanks guys.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I have been out of the reloading scene for a while since I finished school....not as much time to dedicate to it these days, but just curious, why are you so dead set on Dillon?  Not at all suggesting that they don't make good stuff, but if you like to put your hands on the products beforehand, why not Lee or RCBS that have more retail presence?
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#9]
What all are you looking for?  Just a press or "stuff" to go with the press as well.  

I have a 550B with some other stuff I have been considering letting go, but would probably want to have it all go together.  If you are interested, send me an email and I will send you the list of everything.  

I am located in far NW Houston.  

WTR
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Dillon seems to be the most "premier", "state of the art" press amongst the guys in the reloading forum.  I'm the kind of person that if I'm gonna make that kind of investment, I'm going to pay for it upfront and get the best.  Hey, I'm new to all this reloading stuff, if you can convince me to get something else, go right ahead.  Thanks Ranger, I'll probably get a new reloader, my parents and girlfriend have been bugging me about ideas for Christmas gifts.  Maybe if I tell them what I'm considering, they'll stop bugging me.  I might send you an e-mail anyway, just to see what you got and what you want for it.  Right now this "reloading plan" is more of a thought than a reality.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dillon seems to be the most "premier", "state of the art" press amongst the guys in the reloading forum.  I'm the kind of person that if I'm gonna make that kind of investment, I'm going to pay for it upfront and get the best.  Hey, I'm new to all this reloading stuff, if you can convince me to get something else, go right ahead.  Thanks Ranger, I'll probably get a new reloader, my parents and girlfriend have been bugging me about ideas for Christmas gifts.  Maybe if I tell them what I'm considering, they'll stop bugging me.  I might send you an e-mail anyway, just to see what you got and what you want for it.  Right now this "reloading plan" is more of a thought than a reality.

As a dillon owner let me say a few things here.  First off, if you buy a used dillon, it is sorta like buying a new one.  If it breaks, or you wear it out, send it back to them.  They will fix it for free.  They are serious about this.  It is  no questions asked.

Next, what type of shooting do you do?  If you are one of those serious accurate, highly anal precision shooters, a dillon is probably not for you.  If you shoot CMP, blasting, IDPA, that type of shooting, a 550 is probably for you.  Set up right, and with a little planning, you can easily crank out a couple of hundred .45s an hour.  

If you need help, ask away.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#12]
It will be for reloading .223 and .40 S&W blasting ammo.  It will be more of a hobby than a money saving operation, more readily accessible ammo = more shooting.  After reading the "Caution" thread in the Reloading forum, I might reconsider though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 4:54:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't let that scare you away.  It really is pretty hard to do something really stupid with a dillon.  I think probably the worst thing you could do is double charge a round, and that usually makes a hell of a mess.  Sometimes you get a primer in upside down, but that is about it.  

I bought my dillon used.  I got no instructions with it.  I did call the factory, and they helped me out quite a bit.  Other than that I figured it out.  It is not hard.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top