Dan
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:33:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:37:16 AM EDT
[#2]
That makes sense, cheers Mark.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:49:02 AM EDT
[#3]
As Mark says, - I've found a 2 min elevation difference when shooting from a bipod after zeroing mag rested (I don't usually shoot from a bipod)
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:44:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As Mark says, - I've found a 2 min elevation difference when shooting from a bipod after zeroing mag rested (I don't usually shoot from a bipod)

Was that with a floated barrel or a bipod off of normal hand guards?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:12:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was that with a floated barrel or a bipod off of normal hand guards?

The bipod was attached via a  freefloated foreend.

My hold, combined with the change in recoil characteristics must make the difference. This was at 300 yards. I only tried it after Bus Pass  Dave-UK mentioned that  his bipod zero was different to mag resting. I just wanted to try to replicate his findings.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I certainly get a minute or so difference at 100 yds depending on whether I am standing or prone,

Not that this one inch difference in point of impact explains why I am so sh1te at 100 yd standing/kneeling
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:24:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top