Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/17/2014 3:05:22 PM EDT
Here's the skinny...   I called Nevada and talked to a few people over there including the city administrator Elizabeth Hansen.  There is no ordinance on the agenda, there is not one drafted, and there never was one even being considered.  So this is just a publicity stunt by IGO to make it look like they stopped a threat.  On March 30 of next year the city council will be trained on safety protocols and will have a work session on etiquette around the town – but besides active shooter safety protocol practice, there is nothing firearm related scheduled.

These guys are completely out of control...

Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 10:32 AM
To: recipient
Subject: Breaking: Another Iowa Town Wants to Strip You of Your Rights!

Image removed by sender.

Dear recipient,                        Monday Morning  

You would think that after the embarrassing exposure that city councils in towns like Dubuque, George, Burlington, and most recently, Tama have received this year - after their plans to attack your second amendment rights were exposed all for that they are - that other city councils would take the hint.

After all, it was just two weeks ago that Iowa Gun Owners descended on Tama and exposed their radical power-grab for the entire community to see, resulting in a public apology from the mayor before they did away with their anti-gun proposal.

Apparently, the City Council of Nevada, headed by Mayor Lynn Lathrop, has not gotten the memo.

I just received confirmation that Mayor Lathrop is trying to sneak a vote through the city council to strip you of your right of self-defense any moment!

In fact, we’re told this vote may be imminent. So I need your help today – more on that below.

Nevada Mayor Lynn Lathrop, like a great many anti-gun politicians here in Iowa, apparently believes that the best way to keep you and your family safe from a violent criminal attack is to strip away your right of self-defense when you’re in ‘his’ city.

That’s right: Mayor Lynn Lathrop’s proposal would invalidate concealed carry permits on all ‘city-owned’ property.

Of course, this ‘city-owned’ property is actually your property, as it is law-abiding taxpayers, many of whom are gun owners, who pay to build and maintain these buildings that Mayor Lynn Lathrop enjoys controlling.

Never the less, they are poised to vote to make Nevada a weapon-free zone any day now.

But as we learned in Tama, weapons-free zones take away more than just your right to bear arms - because the Iowa concealed weapons permit not only includes firearms but also tasers, pepper spray, and many kinds of pocket knives that Iowans carry every day for self-defense.

But unlike the other gun bans that Iowa Gun Owners has stopped this year, the Nevada Gun Ban goes even further.

That’s because Mayor Lathrop thinks that he has the right to extend this freedom-attacking language anywhere ‘city business is conducted.’

You read that correctly. This proposal could extend the power of this ban on self-defense to virtually every home and every piece of property in Nevada.

That’s why I need you to take immediate action and contact Mayor Lynn Lathrop and the members of the city council TODAY.

Tell them that this attack on your rights is simply OUTRAGEOUS!

Remind them that ‘city-property’ is actually YOUR property, as it is your tax dollars that pay to build and maintain it.

Remind them that they will be the ones who will be responsible if your family is raped, robbed, or worse, if they take away your family’s and your right to defend yourselves.

Demand that they vote down this proposal and apologize for even thinking about it.

So please contact:

>>> Mayor Lynn Lathrop, 515-382-8420
Email address: [email protected]

>>> Jane Heintz, 515-382-2430

>>> Andy Kelly, 515-382-5412

>>> Jim Walker, 515-382-4934

>>> Ray Schwichtenberg, 515-382-2075

>>> Brian Hanson, 515-382-1406

>>> Chris Clark, 515-382-3546
Email Address: [email protected]

Gun owners in Iowa would do well to remember that there is aggressive anti-gun sentiment that brews in Story County.

In fact, it was the Story County Sherriff who recently made national news after attacking Senator-elect Joni Ernst for her pro-gun positions.

When you call the Mayor and the members of the city council, don’t take ‘no’ for an answer!

Expect them to tell you about the public safety committees that they have convened.

Expect them to tell you about the retired police officers they have consulted with.

Expect them to tell you about the professional journals they have studied.

Expect them to tell you a whole bunch of stuff in an attempt to confuse and distract you.

Don’t let them! Don’t give up! INSIST that they kill this proposal before a law-abiding citizen in Nevada gets seriously injured or killed at the hands of a violent criminal.

Stay tuned to IGO’s Facebook page, or join if you’re not already on it,for breaking updates on this situation.

Iowa Gun Owners staff will likely be deploying into Nevada to go house-to house to make sure that every resident of Nevada knows about this shameless power-grab being conducted by the city council.

If you can assist us in this, please let us know by email, Facebook, or by calling us.

If you can’t assist us in this on-the-ground exercise, please feel free to chip in a donation to assist us in this vital fight. Whether that is $100, $50, or even $10 - please do so today.

For Freedom,
Image removed by sender.
Aaron Dorr
Executive Director

P.S. The City Council in Nevada, Iowa is poised to leave you defenseless when confronted by a violent criminal attacker virtually anywhere in the city of Nevada!

Despite these gun bans being defeated by Iowa Gun Owners in towns like Burlington, Tama, Dubuque (2 times) and George, the radical anti-gun city fathers in Nevada are pressing ahead with this foolish agenda.

Based on what know at this time, it seems that Mayor Lynn Lathrop intends to extend this ban into any place where the ‘city conducts business’ – thereby banning self-defense on every square inch of Nevada.

Please contact the Mayor and members of the city council (their information listed above) today, and demand they vote this down.

For breaking news updates on this situation, please keep an eye on the Iowa Gun Owners Facebook page.

And if you can help us on the ground as we go house-to-house in Nevada, if that becomes necessary, please let us know!

Image removed by sender.
Iowa Gun Owners is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose organization dedicated to preserving
and protecting the Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms through an aggressive
grassroots program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The address for
Iowa Gun Owners is PO Box 3585, Des Moines, IA 50323. You can call us at 515-309-7858.
                             Our website can be located at www.IowaGunOwners.org.

Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.
View this message a a web-page.
Support your gun rights - join Iowa Gun Owners.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Just like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson.

FUD + A Paddle to Stir the Pot = $
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.
View Quote

amusing. I guess they don't consider their business to be a tax on people who don't have the time or motivation to investigate them, nor do they consider how their actions tax those who are actually working to fix things in Iowa instead of profiteering on intentionally induced FUD/panic
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#3]
At some point a public official needs to sue these guys for slander...
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At some point a public official needs to sue these guys for slander...
View Quote
Or a legitimate 2nd Amendment rights organization needs to apply for a Cease and Desist for dis-information.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Or their biggest supporter in the government needs to get nailed on charges and bust his parole... repeatedly.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:38:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Or their biggest supporter and employer and apparent partner in money laundering in the government needs to get nailed on charges and bust his parole... repeatedly.
View Quote

What you did there. I see it
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#7]
http://amestrib.com/news/nevada-officials-deny-group-s-gun-ban-claims

The emails and Facebook posting caused a flurry of phone calls and emails to City Hall, where officials steadfastly denied the group’s claims.

“There is no ordinance,” said City Administrator Elizabeth Hansen in an article published this week by the Nevada Journal.

Hansen also said the City Council has not considered any action concerning weapons.

But Aaron Dorr, executive director of Iowa Gun Owners, insisted that documentation to the contrary exists but declined to say where he got that information.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#8]
There are documents now. They don't prove that the council was going to consider anything, but unless the document is
1) a forgery
2) a draft
it shows that the subcommittee on public safety WAS urging the council to do so.
perhaps (3) it was sent but then was decided against because it's illegal?
Any thoughts that I'm missing something here?

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#9]
In the letter it states that many non-professional permits are restricted as invalid where alcohol is sold or consumed?  I guess that raises a bit of a suspicion itself?  

1. Is the Sheriff in the are restricting permits?
2. Is this an old letter before 2011
3. Where did the safety committee get the idea that permits are restricted in that manner?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In the letter it states that many non-professional permits are restricted as invalid where alcohol is sold or consumed?  I guess that raises a bit of a suspicion itself?  

3. Where did the safety committee get the idea that permits are restricted in that manner?
View Quote

Well, the date on it appears to be Aug 11 2014. It's also possible that someone's information on Iowa permit law was woefully out of date.
Sounds like it's time for a FOIA request under the good ol' Iowa sunshine law.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#11]
here's what you're seeing...  probably...

you're seeing a person's note taking exceed their understanding of the conversation.  even so, this is called 'jumping the gun' by anyone's standards...  the recommendation of consideration is akin to you and i being jailed for something we've said about our president.  

no judge would rule in favor of IGO if the city brought a suit against them...  we all know this.

these guys have struck a financial chord with their rhetoric and they are glad to get themselves in the newspaper and news to further their fundraising.  they probably never gave a shit about an ordinance.  a few weeks back with the tama thing, NRA sent a letter to them and they knocked off their crap.  IGO took credit.  they got people to send them money after they took credit.  coincidence or fate that this note from aug 2014 is just now being used?  i'll let you decide.  either way it stinks to high heaven.

chronic douche nozzles chasing an ambulance...  in this case, they're calling in a bogus 911 call to create the ambulance ride they wish to chase...
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#12]
TV8 KCCI is going to have a story tonight
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
TV8 KCCI is going to have a story tonight
View Quote

I hate to say it, but it looks like IGO drummed up more business with this one. I sure wish Sorensen would drag them down with him.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Gone are the days of the stupidest "firearms expert" on the news espousing scat being Jack Smith.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Taking credit again for IFC/NRA accomplishments that they actively fought against in their latest "THE SKY IS FALLING give us money" email blast, this was one of their bullet points to establish credibility:

>>>Paving the way for passage of “Shall Issue” in 2010 after launching a statewide mobilization campaign to reform Concealed Carry laws;
View Quote

If by paving the way, they mean trying to get it stopped and putting forth a competing bill through disgraced former Sen. Kent Sorenson that would have eliminated your ability to get a permit altogether (and thus your ability to carry in states that only recognize resident permits) ... Then sure, they paved the way alright. Reality is, their shortsighted bill failed (fortunately) and the NRA/IFC bill passed, no thanks to "Iowa Gun Owners" and Aaron Dorr.

Read the whole thing here:

http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/hostedemail/email.htm?ch=C54E9AD464FA0EC498395B2E77057D30&h=ff9e518d1db2f0d22cf52ab9f70f7c0b&ei=sou9HNANz

I guess the senate can pass and sign bills into law on their own based on the hype.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Humm, Iowa Carry began to beat the drum and cause awareness in 2003. IGO didn't step in until much much later when we were close to getting Shall Issue passed and were negotiating with lawmakers. I also do not remember seeing IGO at the Bill signing either?  

I am preaching to the choir here i know but that crap pisses me off. Taking credit for the hard work that many many others have done is low
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

The alcohol thing was standard wording on Story County permits under the old system.  Current permits don't have such language.  Some seriously out of date information.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Under the old law the Sheriffs requested that the alcohol restriction be printed on the permit forms
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got this email.

Dear XXXXXX,                    November 24, 2014

They say that bad news comes in threes.

When it comes to local attempts to clamp down on our gun rights fight here in Iowa over the last couple of weeks, that has certainly proven to be true.

As we told you a few weeks ago, the Tama City Council attempted to strip law-abiding citizens in their town of their right of self-defense.

With your help, we resoundingly stopped that attempt!

As you heard only a few days ago, Iowa Gun Owners is currently engaged in a similar fight with the Nevada City Council.

They, too, are attempting to take away your right to use firearms, tasers, pepper spray, pocket knives and virtually all other items like this to defend yourself against violent criminal attack on all “city owned” property.

If you have not seen that article, please click here to learn more about the fight in Nevada!

I think we can stop the attack in Nevada just like we’ve stopped attacks in Tama, Dubuque, Burlington, and George, but now I need your help to stop one more.

Here’s the back ground information: nestled in the southwest corner of Iowa, near Shenandoah, is the Pierce Creek Conservation Complex.

Gun owners in this rural community established a shooting range at Pierce Creek 34 years ago, almost to the day.

This shooting range has served both county officials and law abiding citizens well for decades, helping to pass along a heritage of freedom and personal responsibility to scores of first time gun owners.

Like many counties in Iowa, the County Conservation Board runs these complexes, although receiving every penny of their operating budget from the County Board of Supervisors.

A couple years ago, a radical anti-gun activist named Joyce Kruse got on the County Conservation Board.

Insiders report to us that at that time, Ms. Kruse made her intentions clear stating that, “Before I’m done, I’ll close that shooting range down.”

(A well maintained rural shooting range, like the one pictured above, is going to be shut down because of the hysterics of an anti-gun activist on the Page County Conservation Board - unless you and I can put a stop to it!)

And let me tell you, Joyce Kruse has been using her position on the Page County Conservation board, a position one holds to better the community at large, to satisfy a radical, PERSONAL agenda ever since!

You see, Joyce Kruse, a member of an equestrian club that also meets at the Pierce Creek complex, wants this entire county recreation area for herself and her friends.

Gun owners appear to be second class citizens to her and her political pals.

Thankfully, gun owners in Page County have strenuously resisted her attempts to convince the County Park Board and the County Board of Supervisors to close down the shooting range.

But that has not stopped Joyce Kruse and her friends from waging vicious attack against gun owners in that community.

Not long ago, ‘somebody’ contacted the EPA and the DNR to report that the shooting range at Pierce Creek was a dreadful environmental disaster waiting to happen.

The DNR, not normally known for being in favor of our gun rights, conducted a thorough investigation of the complex at Pierce Creek and decided that it is a remarkably well-run shooting range.

In fact, we’re told that the DNR was so impressed with this shooting range that they gave them an A- grade, virtually unheard of anywhere in Iowa!

Once this bureaucratic attack on the shooting range was unsuccessful, ‘somebody else’ began to wage personal attacks on gun owners in this community.

The gun owner who founded this range almost 35 years ago, and still teaches new shooters at this range yet today, was mysteriously accused of sexual improprieties involving women he was teaching to shoot for the first time, at this range.

You know how it is, especially in small-town Iowa, no one is sure where these rumors really start - but they often result in great personal harm.

Thankfully, the gun owner in question not only strenuously objected to these accusations, he aggressively and publicly fought them and the matter has seemed to fade away.

Seeing their bureaucratic and personal attacks come to nothing, these radical anti-gunners in Page County resorted to different tactics.

Not long ago, gun owners reported to us that Joyce Kruse and some of her friends actually rode their horses through the back side of the range, while people were actively shooting down range!

Of course, as any responsible gun owner would do, the people who were using the range immediately ceased firing until Ms. Kruse left the area.

But these gun owners told us emphatically that Ms. Kruse seemed determined to spark an incident so as to get this range shut down.

That’s why I’m writing you today. Gun owners in Page County need your help.

The Page County Board of Supervisors is requesting public feedback on their proposal to close this shooting range down; they seem ready to break under the constant pressure leveled against them via Joyce Kruse.

There is talk of this range being relocated, but with county budgets being so tight these days, it’s anyone’s guess when or if that will ever happen.

That’s why I need you to contact the Page County Board of Supervisors immediately and insist that they do not buckle to the whims of radical gun control activist Joyce Kruse!

Remind them that gun owners have been using this range for almost 35 years to safely and responsibly pass on their heritage of freedom and personal responsibility to their children and grandchildren.

Remind them that county officials, like Joyce Kruse, are supposed to look out for the best interest of the entire community – not to further a radical, personal agenda.

Remind them that the politics of personal destruction, the use of the bureaucratic process, and reckless attempts to spark legal controversy is not the way that responsible Iowans do things.

Urge them to resist this attack on the Second Amendment in every way they possibly can.

Their names and contact information are below:

>>> Elaine Armstrong;(712)542-4050 or [email protected]

>>> Jon Herzbrg; (712)542-5888 or [email protected]

>>> James Richardson; (712)246-3775 or [email protected]

If these numbers are not working, or if you’re unable to get through, you can always call their main number which is 712-542-5018.

And when you’re done, I hope you’ll contact Joyce Kruse.

Her shameless, disgusting, and over-the-top attempts to destroy this range and destroy any gun owner who dares to stands in her path, are appalling.

If you agree, and would like to let her know, please give her a call at (712)246-3400 or (712)246-9386.

For the latest breaking news on this situation, as well as the ongoing fight we are engaged in in Nevada, please keep a close eye on the Iowa Gun Owners Facebook page.

And if you can, I hope you’ll chip in $25 to help Iowa Gun Owners in this fight as we mobilize people through phone banks, running targeted social media posts, and sending staff down into this community, if necessary.

These vital mobilization efforts cost money, so please do what you can today.

For Freedom,

Aaron Dorr
Executive Director

P.S. Radical gun control activists here in Iowa are doing their best to implement their personal anti-gun agenda at the County and city levels all across the state.

IGO is currently involved in a fight in Nevada – you can learn more about that here - and now we are engaged in one more.

Joyce Kruse, a member of the Page County Conservation Board, is doing her level best to destroy a gun range that gun owners in Page County have enjoyed for almost 35 years!

"Someone" in Page County is using the bureaucratic process, politics of personal destruction and reckless attempts to spark legal controversy, in an attempt to wear gun owners down.

That’s why we need gun owners from across the state to get involved today!

Please contact the members of the Page County board of supervisors, (using the information above) and let them know how you feel about county officials using their personal political agenda to supersede the Second Amendment and decades of tradition in Page County.

Tell them to keep the Pierce Creek range operating – and not to yield to one woman’s radical agenda.

Once you’ve called, I hope you’ll chip in $25 today, to help Iowa Gun Owners maintain this fight.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#20]
they're cashing in on supposed 'tips' to get in the news.  this is their business plan...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#21]
They are also posting it Facebook on the closed iowa buy, sell, trade groups.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where?  Post em up.  It doesn't take but a few of us to to give that the best kind of disinfectant.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:30:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Where?  Post em up.  It doesn't take but a few of us to to give that the best kind of disinfectant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I looked through all 10 of the groups I belong to and I could not find it again so it may have been deleted.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Just found this in my spam. It is from yesterday the 26th. Still scaamin' for da money with the typical lies and BS.

Dear XXXX,

Aaron and the rest of the guys are out of the office today, meeting with gun owners in yet another Iowa town where the Mayor is determined to ban firearms on all city property - but he wanted to be sure you saw his email from last week.

As you can see, your renewed support in Iowa Gun Owners has never been more critical.

Whether it’s stopping gun control in the legislature, working to inform hundreds of thousands of gun owners at election time about where their candidates stand, or killing gun control measures at the local level – no one fights harder than Iowa Gun Owners.

That’s why I hope you’ll renew your support today, so Iowa Gun Owners can maintain the fight for our rights here in Iowa.

2015 will be a very active year, especially with all the national candidates beginning to launch their efforts in our state.

So please, read the email below from Aaron, and then renew your membership as soon as possible!

Thank you, in advance, for your support!

Yours,

Amanda M.

Dear XXXX,                    November 19,2014

I’ve been working the phones to friends and allies inside the General Assembly in Des Moines feverishly for days now.

Nationally, gun-grabbers were lit up at the polls. Utterly destroyed. Even our national media (for now) isn’t letting them run away from that undeniable fact.

But here in Iowa, the facts are messier. The message politicians were sent in the November elections just isn’t quite as clear.

I’m afraid you and I have to be ready for anything when the next session of Iowa’s General Assembly convenes.

That’s why I’m hoping I can count on your most generous financial contribution to renew your membership in Iowa Gun Owners TODAY!

But first, I need you to understand just how important your renewed support is right now.

You see, my hope is that gun control won’t rear its ugly head when the next session of our General Assembly convenes.

But I’m not counting on it.

Rabidly anti-gun Senate Majority Leader Mike Gronstal is still calling the shots in the Iowa Senate with the same 26-24 Majority he had going into 2014.

Let me be clear. Many Capitol insiders and political experts viewed 2014 as their best shot in years to flip control of the Iowa Senate.

It didn’t happen.

My fear is that aggressive anti-gun legislators here in Iowa are walking away from the 2014 elections feeling invincible.

And you and I can’t forget BILLIONAIRE former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg will be back and ready to do his worst, touting phony polls and trying to buy off politicians in BOTH parties with promises of political protection!

So I can’t just sit back and hope we won’t see the worst of their anti-gun schemes rear their ugly heads in 2015, including:

***So-called “Universal Background Checks.” This has long been at the top of Michael Bloomberg’s agenda. As a former cop, I can tell you the only way to enforce this scheme is to track, trace and register every gun and gun owner in the state.

And you and I both know registration is the first step toward OUTRIGHT confiscation!

***So-called “mental health” legislation to strip law-abiding Iowans of their Second Amendment Rights just because some bureaucrat doesn’t like your race, religion or political views.

***The Convenience Store Gun Ban, outlawing firearms in ALL places that serve or sell alcohol, including grocery stores and public events, leaving thousands of Iowa clerks and patrons vulnerable to criminal attack.

Sure. I could hope the Iowa House will do the right thing and stand up to these schemes. I could hope for a Governor’s veto.

But with Bloomberg’s ability to dump in piles of cash, how could I ever take victory for granted -- especially when GOP-controlled legislatures and those with split control have passed similar bills in other states in recent years?

The good news is, with your help and increased strength in the Iowa House -- thanks to an impressive showing on Election Day –- we should be able to hold these schemes off.

But I’m afraid making peace the “status quo” when it comes to our gun rights here in Iowa is NOT an option.

According to Guns & Ammo Magazine, Iowa is the 38th ranked state in the country when it comes to friendliness toward the Second Amendment. 38th!

Why?

Because year after year, politicians in BOTH parties campaign as “pro-Second Amendment,” but then work behind the scenes to keep pro-gun bills from even coming up for a vote.

Thus, the most virulently anti-gun politicians are allowed to comfortably hide in the shadows -- until the timing is right to spring their radical gun control schemes on you and me.

This is exactly what Bloomberg is hoping for in Iowa...

But with your help, I’m not about to let him get his way.

That’s why, even as a I write you, Iowa Gun Owners is putting together an all-out plan to force votes in BOTH houses of the Iowa General Assembly on two critical pieces of legislation, including:

1) Constitutional Carry.

If passed, this critical piece of legislation would restore the right of law-abiding Iowa citizens to carry a firearm to protect themselves WITHOUT going through a bunch of bureaucratic rigmarole, paying expensive fees, or being added to a government list.

2)Stand-Your-Ground.

If passed, this legislation would empower law-abiding Iowans with the ability to protect themselves against criminal attack without fear of being targeted by an anti-gun prosecutor.

The good news is, forcing votes on these bills puts you and me in a win/win situation.

Either we get the votes to dramatically improve gun policy here in Iowa...

...Or Bloomberg’s allies will be exposed and forced out of the shadows for Second Amendment supporters to hold them accountable at the polls.

Putting this plan into action won’t be easy.

I’m afraid members of BOTH parties are going to fight you

and me every step of the way.

So even as I write you, I’m putting the finishing touches on an all-out plan to mobilize gun owners all across Iowa using everything from mail, to Internet ads, to social media and an all-out media blitz.

But I need to start NOW to ensure the Iowa General Assembly is hit with a tidal wave of pressure as soon as they go back into session.

With your renewed membership, I’m confident we can do it.

You and I have already proven we can make a tremendous impact.

Just consider SOME of the successes Iowa Gun Owners’ members and supporters have seen in recent years:

>>>Defeating EVERY gun control scheme to rear its ugly head in our General Assembly since IGO’s formation;

>>>Paving the way for passage of “Shall Issue” in 2010 after launching a statewide mobilization campaign to reform Concealed Carry laws;

>>>Generating pressure to successfully remove gun bans in localities like Tama and Burlington and businesses like NAPA Auto Parts in Des Moines, Subway in Keokuk and Sparky’s One Stop in Audubon;

>>>Holding dozens of anti-gun politicians accountable for their assaults on our gun rights.

Of course, there’s so much more I could tell you about!

In fact, in the past few weeks, Iowa Gun Owners sent almost 40,000 pieces of mail into our First Congressional District, EXPOSING Democrat former House Speaker Pat Murphy’s anti-gun votes.

Republican Rod Blum, who pledged 100% support for our gun rights, won by just over 2% of the vote.

But the most important race could have been Daryl Beall’s race in Iowa’s 5th Senate District.

Senator Beall was Michael Bloomberg’s right-hand man here in Iowa and the bill sponsor for so-called “Universal Background Checks” – which would make Iowa grandfathers felons for passing down family firearms without government permission!

Thanks to the support of good folks like you, Iowa Gun Owners ran a full program exposing Senator Beall -- using hard-hitting mail, email, social media and radio ads.

On Election Day, Beall was defeated by almost 3,000 votes!

Even though anti-gun Democrat Senator Mike Gronstal retained his Senate Majority, my hope is the result of the Beall race will make him think twice about launching a new attack on our Second Amendment rights.

He knows Iowa Gun Owners means business. He knows we don’t cozy up to politicians or take any “bunk” from any of them.

And gun-grabbers all across Iowa know we’re unquestionably one of the most powerful forces in our state’s politics.

But that’s only because of one thing...

You.

Nothing Iowa Gun Owners does would be possible without the generous support of good folks like you.

The only reason politicians fear attacking our gun rights is because they worry about what could happen to them when I sound the alarm and Iowa’s Second Amendment supporters spring into action.

2015 will bring its share of new threats. That’s why I hope you’ll renew your support in Iowa Gun Owners today – at whatever level you can.

I can’t promise gun control is dead in Des Moines. Even if it is, I know you and I have some major work to do forcing votes on Constitutional Carry and Stand Your Ground.

2015 is going to bring a slew of presidential candidates to our state as well, which will bring its own set of challenges and opportunities.

What I need to know from you today is if I can count on you to stand with me. Will you renew your membership in Iowa Gun Owners today?

Iowa Gun Owners’ members and supporters have always answered the call.

And I know I don’t have to tell you that you personally have been a critical part of many crucial victories.

Won’t you please renew your support right away?

The amount you choose to renew at is up to you. But won’t you please be as generous as you can?

The truth is, you’re a critical part of a winning team in Iowa Gun Owners.

I’m counting on your continued support.

Thank you so much for all you do.

For Freedom,

Aaron Dorr
Executive Director

P.S. The 2015 session of the Iowa General Assembly is going to be absolutely critical.

I need you on board.

Won’t you please do so today? The amount you choose to renew at is up to you. Just please act at once!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:33:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Howdy guys.

In reading the letters posted by the IGO, I am shocked how desperate they sound. The last one above asks for donations, immediately, how many times?

Sad to see.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:02:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Howdy guys.

In reading the letters posted by the IGO, I am shocked how desperate they sound. The last one above asks for donations, immediately, how many times?

Sad to see.

Carry on.
View Quote

What's really sad is that it works. Don't get me wrong, I love to see people support worthy causes, but it's a little disheartening to see people blindly throw their money at organizations that squander these donations and fail to do anything of real value.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:33:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What's really sad is that it works. Don't get me wrong, I love to see people support worthy causes, but it's a little disheartening to see people blindly throw their money at organizations that squander these donations and fail to do anything of real value.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Howdy guys.

Sad to see.

Carry on.

What is even more disheartening is seeing people throw money at an organization that is more of a detriment to the cause they claim to support.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What is even more disheartening is seeing people throw money at an organization that is more of a detriment to the cause they claim to support.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Howdy guys.

Sad to see.

Carry on.

Very true!

Hit em hard if they are dead weight or acting as a headwind.

Keep up the good work guys! In our neck of the woods we just need to get IL & MN to get off the anti-gun koolaid...

River rat, you any where near the Mississippi?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Very true!

Keep up the good work guys! In our neck of the woods we just need to get IL & MN to get off the anti-gun koolaid...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Howdy guys.

Sad to see.

Carry on.

Very true!

Yeah, I am about a half hour outside Davenport. Live on the Wapsipinicon.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:51:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Nice area. Just wondering. I used to live up in Mc Gregor for a little while.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone know Senator Rick Bertrand? Appears that IGO is using his name on the latest "gimmie moar moneys" email today. Is he aware of much history of the group, I wonder? I emailed him to see if he would like to talk about it some.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Interesting.

State Senator Rick Bertrand [email protected] via bluehornet.com

Dear XXXX,                    December 3, 2014

If you’ve already sent in your Iowa Gun Owners’ Membership Renewal Contribution for 2015, and they’ve not yet been able to update their records, I sincerely apologize.

But if you haven’t yet done so, won’t you please click the link below and fill out your 2015 Membership Renewal Form to Iowa Gun Owners IMMEDIATELY?

The truth is, I believe this upcoming session of the Iowa General Assembly will be a critical one.

And I know Iowa Gun Owners’ members and supporters will play an absolutely crucial role.

You see, I first ran for office in 2010 because -- like many folks -- I was fed up.

It seemed like government at every level was shirking its duty to protect our liberties.

Instead, it seemed politicians were more interested in shredding them!

After being elected, I saw many of those fears confirmed. Many politicians in Des Moines just can’t get it through their heads that they work for the people of Iowa -- not the other way around.

There’s one instance though that will forever be glued in my mind -- that’s the first time the subject of Iowa Gun Owners came up.

That’s when the look on my colleagues’ face changed from smugness to fear. Their eyes began darting around.

Then their cell phones came out and the texting began with a fury!

I just smiled and said to myself, “If these folks would just vote right, they’d have nothing to worry about!”

That story alone should tell you everything you need to know about why Iowa Gun Owners is one organization you want to be a part of.

They don’t buddy up to politicians.

They don’t care if they never get invited to fancy Des Moines cocktail parties.

They don’t cut cozy backroom “deals,” and they don’t compromise.

They’re concerned with one thing: the protection of our Second Amendment rights.

That take-no-prisoners attitude is a big reason why Iowa Gun Owners’ members and supporters are one of the most feared forces in Iowa politics.

And it’s why -- even when our backs have been against the wall over the past few years -- Iowa Gun Owners’ members and supporters have successfully held off EVERY anti-gun assault the gun-grabbers have thrown at us.

But the truth is, Iowa Gun Owners’ continued success depends on the generosity and action of good folks like you.

That’s why -- if you haven’t yet gotten around to it -- please renew your membership in Iowa Gun Owners IMMEDIATELY.

As I mentioned, I believe 2015 will prove to be an incredibly important year for our gun rights here in Iowa.

Nationally, there’s no denying that gun-grabbers took a drubbing at the polls in the 2014 elections.

But the results here at the state level in Iowa were more mixed.

I’m afraid that could mean Iowa will become a top Bloomberg target for gun control as he seeks to reinvent himself and use his MILLIONS to pass “bipartisan gun reform” in a “purple state.”

There’s nothing Bloomberg loves more than to tout polls claiming 90% of Americans support “universal background checks.”

We also must be on guard against expanded “gun free zones” and misnamed “mental health” legislation as well.

But 2015 won’t be just about us playing defense.

I think it’s time to put the gun-grabbers on defense for a change!

That’s why I’ve been in discussions with Iowa Gun Owners’ Executive Director, Aaron Dorr, about launching an all-out push for Stand Your Ground and Constitutional Carry here in Iowa.

If passed, Stand Your Ground would empower Iowa’s gun owners with the ability to protect themselves against criminal attack without worrying about being targeted by some anti-gun prosecutor.

And as you know, Constitutional Carry simply states that if you’re legal to own a firearm, you’re legal to carry it to protect yourself and your family. PERIOD.

That means no paying expensive fees. No bureaucratic rigmarole. No plastic-coated government-issued permission slip.

There’s no better way to find out who really believes in our Second Amendment rights and who is just blowing smoke than a public, roll-call vote on Constitutional Carry.

The text of the Second Amendment is clear.

It states that “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

And the fact is, every single one of the barriers Iowa has on the books to carrying concealed weapons are infringements.

Constitutional Carry would get rid of them all!

That’s why I’m nervous AND excited about 2015.

I know Bloomberg isn’t going away.

But I also know you and I have a tremendous chance to make strides in the battle to restore our Second Amendment rights.

But that’s only if Iowa Gun Owners can count on you.

So won’t you please renew today with your most generous Contribution?

Of course, as you’ll see, there’s no set “renewal fee.”

The amount you choose is up to you.

Whatever amount you choose, can I please count on you to renew your membership in Iowa Gun Owners with a generous contribution?

Thanks to the support of good folks like you, Iowa Gun Owners is making a BIG impact on our state’s politics.

But you’re a critical part of this winning team.

So please renew your involvement in Iowa Gun Owners with your most generous Membership Renewal Contribution TODAY!

Thanks so much for all you do.

Sincerely,

The Hon. Rick Bertrand
Iowa State Senator

P.s. If you’ve already sent Iowa Gun Owners your Membership Renewal Contribution for 2015, thank you so much!

But if you haven’t yet done so, please know your renewed membership is critically important. Iowa Gun Owners members like you are KEY to protecting and advancing our Second Amendment rights here in Iowa.

So please renew your membership with a generous contribution TODAY!

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:04:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Sincerely, 

The Hon. Rick Bertrand 
Iowa State Senator 

Is Rick Bertland really that much of a douche to call himself the Honorable Rick Bertland?

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:08:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone know Senator Rick Bertrand? Appears that IGO is using his name on the latest "gimmie moar moneys" email today. Is he aware of much history of the group, I wonder? I emailed him to see if he would like to talk about it some.
View Quote

Good job on emailing him. I'm willing to bet Aaron Dorr penned this letter and just used Bertrand's email address to to send it. Kind of like how IGO very recently sent an email from their now disgraced, and one time legislative patsy Kent Sorenson.

Either way, if Bertrand responds please share what he says. I'm genuinely curious what his rationale sounds like.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 3:55:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is Rick Bertland really that much of a douche to call himself the Honorable Rick Bertland?
View Quote

I doubt it, but time will tell. The email was written in the standard grandiose / panic style of IGO's ghostwriter (probably a Dorr).
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:27:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just got home from being out of touch for a couple weeks, and when going through the mail, had two solicitations from IGO with letters from him in them.  The same thoughts crossed my mind- does he know who he's putting his name behind? If so, that says more about him than I need to know.

The IGO principals and Kent Sorenson aren't exactly making the news as being admirable, what with evidence of extortion/ money laundering/ dope smoking going on. Not exactly the crowd I want to be associated with. Speaking of all that, have any charges been filed re: that evidence, or is our State Attorney General too busy?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Still no response from the Honorable Senator at his official senate email address.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Here is another one with pics of Dorr with the mayor and of Dorr with the McArtor's. There are pushing it hard.

Dear XXXX,                     December 11, 2014  

Beleaguered gun owners in tiny West Chester, Iowa, located in central Washington County, urgently need your help today!

In just two days, the city council will likely be voting to strip gun owners of their right of self-defense.

What this means is that gun owners in this town will be left defenseless at the city baseball field, the volleyball court, the basketball courts, the city playground, and any other property that the city “owns” in West Chester.

Of course, the City of West Chester does not own ANY property as it is law abiding taxpayers who pay to build and maintain these properties in the first place.

And of course, as many gun owners know, any attempt to regulate gun rights on a city and county level here in Iowa is in direct violation of Iowa code section 724.28.

But that has not stopped West Chester Mayor Chad Peiffer who has been on a relentless campaign since January of this year to strip all gun owners of their right of self-defense in “his town.”

After our recent story on the proposed Nevada gun ban, gun owners in this tiny town reached out to us, hoping that you and I could rise to the occasion once again in stopping another gun ban from taking effect.

After receiving calls from multiple gun owners in this community, IGO staff traveled to West Chester recently to talk with gun owners as well as Mayor Peiffer about this proposal.

(Insert pic of Dorr and the Mayor.)

(IGO’s Executive Director Aaron Dorr (L) trying to get a straight answer from West Chester Mayor Chad Peiffer (R) on why he’s moving to ban guns on 'city' property.)

While we’re used to small town governmental bodies trying to be evasive, we have never experienced such deflection and double speak as we did in speaking to Mayor Chad Peiffer.

Mayor Peiffer refused to:

*** Give us a copy of the proposed ordinance to review;

*** Tell us who the city attorney was (where he kept   directing us to get more information;)

*** Tell us why the ordinance came about in the first place;

*** Tell us when he intends to hold the next city council meeting to deal with this issue!

In fact, if anything, Mayor Peiffer pretended that this proposal was mostly just an idea, saying it was one that would probably never be acted on.

Right before he jumped in his vehicle, leaving us standing in the middle of the street, Mayor Peiffer did blame the whole situation on some “troublesome gun owners” who were causing trouble in “his town.”

When we asked him who these “troublesome gun owners” were, he pointed us to the home of Dave and Judy McAartor.

When we spoke with Dave and Judy McArtor, an entirely different story began to emerge.

(Insert pic of Dorr with the McArtor's)

(Proud gun owners Dave and Judy McArtor, of West Chester, have been trying to stop a gun ban in their town for most of 2014. They need your help to stop this!)

You see, the McArtor’s and other gun owners in this town have been engaged in a fight for the Second Amendment since January of this year, when this gun ban was first proposed before the city council.

They have asked Mayor Peiffer for a copy of this proposal at virtually every monthly city council meeting since January, but he consistently refused to give them a copy of the proposed ordinance.

If anything, Mayor Peiffer and the council members in this town seem determined to wait out gun owners in West Chester.

Thanks to the McArtor’s help, we were able to obtain city council minutes from every city council meeting since January.

Far from being merely an idea, as Mayor Peiffer suggested, this proposal has been on the agenda in West Chester for the January, February, April, July, August, September, October, and November meetings!

With each meeting, the proposal gets tweaked, altered and sent back for further review as the council prepares to vote on this ban.

Insiders tell us that often it seems as though the council keeps tabling the proposal if gun owners are present, waiting for a time when they can pass this without the protests of local citizens.

And that vote may very well take place THIS Saturday!

Of course, we can’t be sure. We continually asked Mayor Peiffer if the council plans to vote on this ordinance in December and refused to tell us!

More than that, the agenda for monthly meetings in West Chester often isn’t released until just before the actual meeting takes place – leaving gun owners in West Chester unable to organize a resistance - and now they need your help.

With your calls and emails, Iowa Gun Owners has successfully stopped gun bans, just this year alone, in George, Dubuque, Tama, Burlington, and Nevada!

Let’s add West Chester to this list! Remember, gun grabbers operate on momentum – if they pass a gun ban here, it won’t be long until they are trying this in your town.

So regardless of where you live in Iowa, it’s VITAL that you take a moment to make some calls and send some emails!

So please contact the Mayor and council members of West Chester, using the information below:

>>> Mayor Chad Peiffer; 319-461-6881 or [email protected]

>>> Vanessa Eastwood; 319-698-2190

>>> James Johnson; 319-698-2002

>>> Laurie Johnson; 319-698-2002 or [email protected]

>>> Jenny Tobin; 319-698-4006 or [email protected]

>>> Bryan Tobin; 319-461-4006

If you can’t reach anyone at the above numbers, feel free to leave a message with the West Chester City Clerk Sue Janneck by calling 319-698-7256 or by emailing [email protected].

Tell them that their attempts to leave you vulnerable to violent criminal attack smacks of an elitism that you wholeheartedly reject!

Tell them that their attempts to hide their efforts from gun owners in their community is not the way that Iowans conduct business.

Tell them that you will encourage everyone you know to spend any money they can in towns other than West Chester, if they persist in trying to take away your right of self-defense.

In addition, long-time IGO members will recall the problems we’ve had with the Iowa State Sheriffs and Deputies Association (ISSDA) and their attempts to block and restrict pro-gun legislation in the Capitol going back for years.

The former chair of the ISSDA, and now one of the leading board members, is Washington County Sherriff Jerry Dunbar.

Mayor Chad Peiffer has asked Sherriff Dunbar to give an opinion on the legality of the proposed ordinance and since he’s the head law enforcement officer in the community, Sheriff Dunbar’s word carries a lot of influence.

We’ve reached out to Sheriff Dunbar multiple times to ask where he stands on this proposal, especially in light of Iowa code section 724.28, but he’s not returning any of our calls.

So please take a moment to contact Sherriff Jerry Dunbar at 319-653-2107 and ask him to stand up for the law-abiding citizens of tiny West Chester, for Iowa code 724.28, and for the 2nd Amendment rights of the citizens of Washington County.

Whatever you do, please make your calls and send your emails today as the city council is set to meet on Saturday!

After you call, be sure to send this email to all of your pro-gun friends.

For Freedom,

Aaron Dorr
Executive Director

P.S. Just like other Iowa towns have tried to do this year, the West Chester City Council will likely be voting in just two days to ban you from your right of self-defense on all “city-owned” property.

This means that you would be left defenseless on the city baseball field, the volleyball court, the basketball courts, the city park, and any other property that the city “owns” in Westchester.

But more than that, the Mayor of Westchester, Chad Peiffer, is REFUSING to let gun owners in that community even read a copy of the proposed ordinance before it gets voted on!

This type of “Boss-Hogg” mentality smacks of such elitism that we can hardly comprehend it.

That’s why it’s urgent you contact the mayor and city council members today, before Saturday’s likely vote, and DEMAND they vote this proposal down!

The contact information is above. Please make your calls today – and send this email to every pro-gun Iowan you know!
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Notice any similarities in a similar email sent by honorable Senator Bertrand?

Too bad the imagery didn't transfer into the below quote.  They make the Dorr ghostwriter even more obvious.

From the Desk of Senator Rick Bertrand

Dear xxxx:

If you've already renewed your membership in Iowa Pro-Life Action for 2015 then I thank you very much!

But if you've not done this yet, I hope you'll join me in the fight for unborn life in Iowa in 2015 by renewing today!

2015 will be an important year in the fight for life. So please take a moment to read the letter below, from IPLA's Executive Director Cindy Anders, and renew your commitment today.

Sincerely,

The Hon. Rick Bertrand
Iowa State Senator  

Dear xxxx,                         December 4, 2014
If you’ve already sent in your Iowa Pro-Life Action Membership Renewal Form and we’ve not yet been able to update our records, thank you so much for your generous support.

But if you haven’t yet renewed your membership, I hope I can count on you to renew your membership with your most generous and IMMEDIATE contribution.

The truth is, you and I have a lot on our plates over the next several months.

But after the MASSIVE program Iowa Pro-Life Action ran in the lead-up to the 2014 elections, I have to confess that money is tight. Too tight.

That’s why I’m counting on you to renew your membership in Iowa Pro-Life Action for 2015 now more than ever.

I believe 2015 is going to be an absolutely critical year.

After all, you may have seen news headlines like “What Happened to Iowa Democrats?” discussing pro-abortion candidates’ major failures at the federal level here in Iowa.

But then, many Republicans feel that they had the best chance in years to take control of the Iowa Senate -- only to come up short!

Whenever political parties falter at the polls, they ALWAYS start questioning whether they should “moderate” or double down on their views on core issues like abortion.

With Iowa’s unique position as an early Presidential caucus state, I’m afraid the Abortion Lobby believes they have a BIG opportunity to set the tone.

That’s why the Abortion Lobby believes BOTH parties are vulnerable to their pressure.

They may be right about that.

But guess what? They’re vulnerable to our pressure too!

And while the Abortion Lobby may have millions in the bank, you and I have the numbers.

After all, members of BOTH parties here in Iowa love to mouth pro-life rhetoric on the campaign trail to get elected.

That’s because they know most Iowa voters are pro-life!

Protecting life is not only right, it’s a winning political issue, too!

Sadly, once elected, many politicians have just flat-out REFUSED to lift a finger to protect unborn life.

Worse, sometimes they’ve actively worked behind the scenes to kill pro-life bills!

That’s why Iowa has so few pro-life protections compared to other states -- and why you and I must put an end to this madness NOW!

Iowa Pro-Life Action is working feverishly to finalize our plans to force votes on two critical pieces of legislation in the upcoming session of the Iowa General Assembly.

First off, with your help, I want to finally put an END to all taxpayer funding for abortion here in Iowa.

Sadly, every year, money is ripped from hardworking taxpayers’ paychecks and handed to Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers.

Don’t be fooled, that money goes to subsidize abortion.

Then, a fat chunk of the leftovers is used every election year to defeat pro-life candidates!

It’s time you and I finally ended this radical practice here in Iowa.

But that’s not all I have planned.

That’s because secondly, with your help, my goal is also to force the entire General Assembly on record on the Iowa Life at Conception Act, which would end abortion in Iowa.

You see, in the 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling, the Court noted that if life was ever declared to begin at conception, then unborn babies MUST be protected by law.

Well, whether the pro-abortion crowd wants to admit it or not, from the moment of conception, unborn babies are genetically human, scientifically alive and have DNA distinct from their mothers.

By forcing votes on this critical legislation, we’ll finally find out which legislators in both parties are truly pro-life -- and which aren’t.

Once exposed, pro-abortion politicians MUST be held accountable.

The good news is, that’s been happening more and more.

After forcing votes in the General Assembly to stop all taxpayer funding for abortion, we EXPOSED many candidates who claimed to be pro-life, but voted to stab us in the back when the chips were down.

For example:

>>>In 2012, Majority Whip Eric Helland was defeated in a primary at the hands of a strongly pro-life challenger.

>>>Also, despite the poor year overall for the Republican Party in 2012, EVERY pro-life incumbent was reelected.

>>>In 2014, Iowa Pro-Life Action targeted five critical races with pro-life candidates, and won three!

Make no mistake. You and I are making real progress.

The moment that ALL innocent unborn life in Iowa is protected is getting closer by the day!

But it won’t happen without you.

You’re a critical part of all we do here at Iowa Pro-Life Action. And I must be able to count on your continued support.

So won’t you please agree to your most generous contribution to renew your membership in Iowa Pro-Life Action TODAY?

I know I’m asking you to stretch. But what could be more important than protecting innocent life?

Of course, please note that there’s no set renewal amount.

You can renew your membership at any level you choose.

But I hope you’ll be as generous as you can.

Whatever you can do, please renew your Iowa Pro-Life Action membership for 2015 at once!

Your support will make all the difference.

For the Babies,

Cindy K. Anders
Executive Director

P.S. If you’ve already sent in your Iowa Pro-Life Action Membership Renewal Form and our records haven't been updated yet, thank you so much for your generous support.

But if you haven’t yet renewed your membership, I hope I can count on you to renew your support with your most generous contribution right away.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Executive summary: Give us moar money so we can piss off the legislature and make sure no pro-gun bills pass so we can tell you to give us moar money.

Dear X December 17, 2014                  
It always begins with a phone call . . .
This time, it was a man named Glenn Ballard from Council Bluffs.
He’s a longtime IGO member, law-abiding Second Amendment supporter, and disabled.
He told me the apartment complex where he’d lived for 10 years was evicting him -- because he was a gun owner.
His rental contract mentioned nothing about firearms ownership. And trust me, you’d want to make sure you’re armed if you lived there!
The cops themselves admit it takes them 14 minutes to respond to calls -- despite the fact that these apartments are riddled with domestic violence, stolen cars and violent drunks.
So when Mr. Ballard told the property management company he would be fighting the eviction notice, they resorted to the kind of ugly tactics I’ve come to expect from gun-grabbers.
Police suddenly started receiving “anonymous tips” saying Mr. Ballard made outlandish threats of violence to shoot up the place.
They said he was mentally unstable -- even after his records show he never once made a late rent payment!
There were concerns that they would try to have him taken into police custody for mandatory psychological screening and have his firearms seized!
As you remember, just last year, I announced the creation of Iowa Gun Owners’ new sister organization called Iowa Gun Owners Foundation. It was created for situations exactly like this.
Today, as 2014 draws to a close, I’m asking for your most generous tax-deductible support to help Iowa Gun Owners Foundation continue to stand up for law-abiding Second Amendment supporters like Mr. Ballard.
The truth is, before the formation of Iowa Gun Owners Foundation, stories like Mr. Ballard’s almost never had happy endings.
But the good news is, thanks to the generous support of good folks like you, Iowa Gun Owners Foundation retained legal counsel for Mr. Ballard and stopped the seizure of his guns.
We were standing by and more than willing to help Mr. Ballard fight these outrageous tactics from his property management company.
But when he decided it would be better to move than to fight, we were able to help pay his moving expenses.
Make no mistake. If it’s your life and your rights on the line, Iowa Gun Owners Foundation’s work can be a lifesaver.
But our work ENFORCING pro-gun laws is every bit as important.
Sadly, without a presence in our courts, pro-Second Amendment laws on the books can be virtually meaningless.
Today, more and more “Gun Free Zone” signs are popping up all over Iowa, which only work to ensure criminals never face armed opposition when they go on killing sprees.
State “preemption law” -- which prohibits local gun control ordinances -- is being flat-out ignored.
Our anti-gun Attorney General, Tom Miller, just looks the other way while local-level gun-grabbers create a vast patchwork of gun control laws and regulations designed to ensnare law-abiding gun owners.
That’s why Iowa Gun Owners Foundation was created, to perform two CRITICAL functions to help law-abiding Second Amendment supporters across our state, including:
*** Aiding law-abiding Second Amendment supporters who find themselves targeted by overzealous anti-gun prosecutors.
Even when the law is on their side -- without the support of good folks like you and me -- many law-abiding gun owners find themselves to be little more than sitting ducks.
***Ensuring anti-gun local officials across our state are forced to abide by the law.
Sadly, many localities and government agencies in Iowa currently get away with flouting the law. This MUST be change.
Unfortunately, calls from Second Amendment supporters like Mr. Ballard are becoming all too familiar.
Towns and cities across Iowa are becoming even more brazen in enacting gun bans.
So you and I have a decision to make:
Will we look the other way and just simply allow government officials to ignore the law?
Will we just sit on our hands while gun-grabbers throw law-abiding pro-Second Amendment Iowans in jail for nothing more than exercising their God-given rights?
I don’t know about you, but my answer is a resounding “NO!”
That’s why I made the decision to form Iowa Gun Owners Foundation in the first place -- and it’s why I’m counting on your generous support today.
Along with the critical work IGO does battling in our General Assembly in Des Moines, Iowa Gun Owners Foundation’s efforts to fight in the courts means you and I are leaving nothing to chance in our fight against the gun-grabbers.
But, of course, without your generosity today, none of this work will be possible.

The great news is, every dollar you give to Iowa Gun Owners Foundation is tax-deductible under IRS code.
So won’t you agree to a generous, year-end contribution TODAY?
Perhaps you can afford a major one-time tax-deductible gift of $500 or even $1,000.
If you could do that much, I’d really appreciate it.
But all I ask is that you please do what you can.
Whether it’s $250, $100, $50 or $35, every dollar you can give today will help tremendously.
If you and I are serious about protecting our Second Amendment rights, this is an absolutely CRITICAL step you and I must take.
So please agree to support Iowa Gun Owners Foundation with your most generous tax-deductible gift of $1,000, $500, $250, $100, $50 or $35 TODAY!

Thank you in advance for your support!

For Freedom,

Aaron Dorr
Chairman

P.S. With the help of anti-gun local governments, the gun-grabbers’ goal is to harass and intimidate as many law-abiding gun owners as possible until law-abiding citizens are just too afraid to exercise their Second Amendment rights.

So last year, I created Iowa Gun Owners’ new sister organization, Iowa Gun Owners Foundation.

The Foundation has a two-part mission, which includes helping to defend law-abiding gun owners who are being targeted by anti-gun prosecutors, and ensuring anti-gun local officials across Iowa are FORCED to abide by the law.

The great news is, contributions to Iowa Gun Owners Foundation are tax-deductible, so please help support these critical efforts with your most generous tax-deductible contribution of $1,000, $500, $250, $100, $50 or $35 TODAY!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#41]
i think you've got them figured out andrew...

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#42]
I am going to start my own cult / religion, that seems to be where the real money and power is. Just goes to prove that a certain amount of people will drink the koolaid regardless.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I am going to start my own cult / religion, that seems to be where the real money and power is. Just goes to prove that a certain amount of people will drink the koolaid regardless.
View Quote

...and donate all the $ to IFC.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Can someone post a link to the BIG IGO thread from last summer? I can't find it...

There are some people who should read it. The whole thing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#45]
So now the question is just what is their Stand Your Ground legislation, if it actually exists, or are they planning to ride our wave and kill it before it passes? We all know it can't pass. If it did they would have one less money maker to use. How do we get rid of these con artists?

Dear XXXX,                     December 23, 2014  

You hear a window shatter late one night.

It’s the unmistakable sound of an intruder bursting in your home, seeking new goodies to steal -- or new innocent victims to rape and murder.

The good news is, you’re armed, you’re trained, and you’re ready to do whatever it takes to protect both yourself and your family . . .

But the bad news is, under existing Iowa Law -- regardless of just how bloodthirsty that thug in your home is -- you’d better be ready to go to JAIL if you dare “solve the problem!”

If you want to make sure this situation never happens to another law-abiding Iowa gun owner, it’s absolutely vital you sign and submit your petition IMMEDIATELY.

As you’ll see, these petitions urge your State Representative and State Senator to cosponsor and vote to pass the Iowa Stand-Your-Ground Bill.

If passed, the Iowa Stand-Your-Ground Bill would simply state that law-abiding Iowa gun owners can defend themselves against intruders without fear of being targeted by an anti-gun prosecutor.

The truth is, these types of situations happen FAR too often across Iowa.

Just take the case of Jay Rodney Lewis in 2012.

Mr. Lewis was a concealed carry permit holder, a former security officer, and ex-law enforcement official.

After using a gun to defend himself from attack by two thugs -- one with over 40 criminal convictions going back 15 years -- Mr. Lewis spent 112 days in jail before finally being found innocent.

But in the meantime, Mr. Lewis lost his home and most of his possessions -- including his gun collection.

I’m sure the gun-grabbers think to themselves, “that serves him right!”

After all, whenever some thug commits some horrific crime, don’t the gun-grabbers always rush to place blame -- not on the criminals themselves -- but on law-abiding gun owners?

So is it really any surprise they’ve written Iowa law to protect criminals first -- even when it’s you and your family’s safety at stake?

I don’t know about you, but I believe the law should put the interests of law-abiding Iowa citizens ahead of thugs and madmen.

And as a former cop, I can tell you the LAST thing you want to be worrying about in a situation where there are lives on the line is the “good will” of some anti-gun prosecutor or judge.

The good news is, after the results of the 2014 elections, I believe you and I can take a giant step forward towards passing Stand-Your-Ground here in Iowa.

But it won’t happen without your support.
Just forcing a vote on Stand-Your-Ground legislation puts you and me in a win/win situation.

That’s because there’s no vote the gun-grabbers in BOTH parties fear more.

Many state legislators love to campaign as “pro-Second Amendment.” But once elected, they work behind the scenes to stab law-abiding gun owners in the back.

As a result, Iowa is one of the worst states in the nation when it comes to gun control laws.

In fact, according to Guns and Ammo Magazine, only 12 states have worse laws!

Lack of a Stand-Your-Ground Law is a big reason why Iowa isn’t ranked higher.

But the good news is, if you and I force public, roll-call votes in both houses of the General Assembly, ALL the gun-grabbers in BOTH parties will finally be exposed.

Either you and I will get the votes we need to pass Stand-Your-Ground, or gun-grabbers will pay the price in the next election.

Second Amendment supporters will make sure of it -- just like in 2014.

But this effort cannot wait a moment longer. So please, sign your Stand-Your-Ground petition TODAY!

Turning up enough heat on the Iowa General Assembly to FORCE them to act is going to take time.

So in addition to your signed petitions, won’t you please agree to send your most generous contribution right away?

Your immediate support will help Iowa Gun Owners turn up the heat on the General Assembly with a massive grassroots program, including:

>>> Generating 50,000 petitions from all over Iowa insisting the General Assembly pass Stand-Your-Ground;

>>>Using email, social media and Internet ads to mobilize an additional 20,000 Iowans from all over the state;

>>>Working the blogs and granting media interviews to explain from a former cop’s perspective exactly why Stand-Your-Ground would make Iowa freer and safer;

>>>Paying for hard-hitting radio, newspaper and even TV ads to ensure politicians are feeling the most heat right before they’re forced to vote.

This won’t be cheap.

But thanks to the support of good folks like you, Iowa Gun Owners’ members and supporters have proven we can make an incredible impact.

Since Iowa Gun Owners’ formation, exactly ZERO gun control laws have passed Iowa’s General Assembly. And by any measure, batting a thousand ain’t bad.

Not only that, but after our last all-out push for concealed carry reform, our state government passed one of the best shall-issue laws in the country -- even though anti-gun legislators controlled BOTH houses of the General Assembly!

And in 2010 and 2014, after massive election year programs by Iowa Gun Owners, we proved Second Amendment supporters are a political force that cannot be ignored.

So won’t you please sign your Stand-Your-Ground petitions and submit them IMMEDIATELY?

And if you can, please agree to your most generous contribution of $500, $250 or $100 right away.

If that’s too much, please agree to at least $50 or $25.

Every dollar will help me push forward for Stand-Your-Ground in Iowa.

So please sign your Stand-Your-Ground petitions and make your most generous contribution of $500, $250, $100, $50 or $25 IMMEDIATELY!

For Freedom,

Aaron Dorr
Executive Director

P.S. Guns and Ammo Magazine reports that there are only 12 states in the U.S. with worse gun laws than Iowa. A big reason is our lack of a Stand-Your-Ground Law.

If passed, Stand-Your-Ground would simply state that law-abiding Iowa Gun Owners can defend themselves against criminal attack without fear of being targeted by some anti-gun prosecutor.

So please sign your petition NOW!

Once you have, I hope you’ll consider contributing your most generous contribution of $500, $250, $100, $50 or $25 IMMEDIATELY!
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Can someone post a link to the BIG IGO thread from last summer? I can't find it...

There are some people who should read it. The whole thing.
View Quote

We should sticky these IGO threads for easy access when we need to sway inquiring minds. We really need to defang this snake.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Castle Doctrine is for in the home and Stand Your Ground is in public. The IFC Bill combined and addressed both of em in one.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Castle Doctrine is for in the home and Stand Your Ground is in public. The IFC Bill combined and addressed both of em in one.
View Quote

Wasn't sure about that. Haven't seen much about it since the Trayvon Martin debacle. Either way they probably won't like ours because it doesn't go far enough. That is until it passes then they will have had everything to do with it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:40:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Well got a Merry Christmas email from IGO. Oh yeah, they want me to renew the membership I never had. That is one Christmas present they will not be getting from me. Read and enjoy a Christmas email full of bullshit.

Dear XXXX,                     December 25, 2014  

On behalf of the Board of Directors, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from all of us at Iowa Gun Owners!

We hope you enjoy some quality family time this weekend, as you rest up from the year that was and prepare for the year to come.

2014 was certainly an eventful year in our fight for gun rights here in Iowa.

Legislatively, there were no significant changes to report, as key Senate Democrats as well as House Republicans maintained a virtual lock on all pro-gun bills that we were trying to pass in the legislature.

They do this for a reason, of course, and that is because they are desperately trying to avoid being on the record voting either for or against your Second Amendment rights.

But try as they might to hide their record, IGO is determined to expose gun grabbers, regardless of their party affiliation, so that voters in their districts will not be fooled by cheap campaign rhetoric.

And so once the 2014 legislative session adjourned, IGO turned its attention to the 2014 elections with gusto, quickly launching a statewide candidate survey program.

Armed with these surveys and voting histories, IGO set about a state-wide program to highlight targeted legislators in key legislative districts to make sure that gun owners would be informed and mobilized.

And on election night just last month, numerous entrenched incumbent anti-gun legislators went down in defeat, thanks to active gun owners who knew the truth!

People like State Senator Daryl Beall, who had long voted against Constitutional Carry as well as a whole host of pro-gun reforms on the floor of the State Senate.

Legislators like State Representative Dan Mullbauer , who publicly called for a house-to-house confiscation of all semi-automatic firearms.

Legislators like former speaker of the house Pat Murphy, who ran for congress this year.

Murphy tried to convince many that he was a pro-gun candidate, however, he voted against Stand-your-Ground, Constitutional Carry, and used his position as the speaker of the house to make sure that other pro-gun bills never saw the light of day.

After spending over 2 decades in the Iowa legislature, Pat Murphy is now looking for a full-time job!

Of course, at the same time, IGO has been busily fighting at the local level, as towns and cities across the state try to limit and restrict your rights to keep and bear arms, thanks to our radically anti-gun Attorney   General, Tom Miller.

And whether it was in small towns like George, IA, in extreme NW Iowa, or in much larger cities like Burlington, or in moderate-sized towns in the heart of Iowa, like Tama and Nevada, Iowa Gun Owners was able to stop gun grabs every single time we got involved!

If you’d like to read about how IGO defeated these local gun bans, please click here, here, and here.

Of course, every piece of targeted mail we were able to get sent out, every mass email that we deployed, every automated phone call that we launched, every radio ad that we ran, and every targeted internet ad that we ran, was only possible thanks to your generous support!

Unlike the anti-gun lobbyists in Iowa, Iowa Gun Owners does not receive taxpayer funds, and we won’t need to - as you have shown time and time again, you are willing to rise to the occasion every time we ask.

2015 promises to be a likewise eventful year, as besides our fight in the legislature, it will be incumbent on gun owners to make sure and expose anti-gun politicians who are seeking a run for the White House.

If you’re watching the news, you know that the run for the 2016 Republican and Democratic nominations is already underway in our state, as candidate after candidate is already trucking across Iowa trying to secure connections with the grassroots.

We look forward to doing our part in making sure that gun owners know exactly where these candidates stand on the Second Amendment!

Of course, we’re going to have our work cut out for us the in legislature as well, as key anti-gunners still have a lock on legislative committees – and they are already plotting to kill pro-gun bills without them ever seeing the light of day.

Rest assured, IGO will fight tooth and nail to ensure that anti-gun legislators, regardless of their party affiliation, are exposed state-wide if they clamp down on your gun rights.

So thank you for all you’ve done to help Iowa Gun Owners in 2014!

If you have not yet had a chance to renew your membership for 2015, please do so today!

Last but not least, if you’re not already a part of it, be sure to “Like” Iowa Gun Owners on Facebook!

The Iowa Gun Owners’ Facebook page is already the largest non-sports page in Iowa, with over 50,000 new supporters joining our list of pro-gun activists in 2014 alone.

Make sure you’re not missing out on the up-to-the-minute alerts on the issues confronting gun owners in Iowa- “Like” our page today!

Once again, Merry Christmas to you and your family, from all of us here at Iowa Gun Owners!

For Freedom,

Aaron Dorr
Executive Director

P.S. Merry Christmas from the Board of Director of Iowa Gun Owners!

2014 was a very busy year in the fight for the Second Amendment here in Iowa, as anti-gun candidates were kicked out of the legislature, town-by-town gun bans were stopped, and no gun control legislation was allowed to pass into law - thanks exclusively to your support!

2015 promises to be a similarly eventful year as the unofficial run for the GOP and Democratic nominations for Presidency have already begun.

If you have not renewed your 2015 membership, please do so TODAY!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Their last email talked about all of the State Senators who weren't there this session.

Mr. Dorr forgot to mention his missing corrupt buddy who he used to work closely with, Ex-Senator Kent Sorensen.

Anybody want to jog my memory as to the relationship between Sorensen, Dorr, and the Bachman fiasco, you know, just to keep this thread bumped. (Seems like a good way to kick of the start of this General Assembly.)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top