Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2009 5:52:57 PM EDT
Got this email today.  I'm thinking of going and buying enough Hi-Points to get the price under $80 per gun and making a fortune.  Removed the names and numbers from the contact info. if you want it just IM me.

ETA- they are only paying for PISTOLS. so a group buy of Mosin Nagents from AIM is out

DATE: TUESDAY, November 24, 2009

CONTACT: LISA ––––––-, (731) xxx-xxxx or SCOTT ––––––, (731) xxx-xxxx

“One Less Gun” BUY-BACK EVENT ANNOUNCED FOR THE CITY OF JACKSON

JACKSON – Representatives of the Lambuth Area Neighborhood Association (LANA) in conjunction with the NAACP and citizens from the developing East Jackson community organization announce the first bi-annual “One Less Gun” BUY-BACK event to be held on December 19, 2009 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at three locations throughout Jackson.

We, along with our community partners, have organized this important program in an effort to reduce gun violence, create awareness and to get our community involved in a proactive campaign to take guns off of our streets.

"One Less Gun" is intended to send a loud message to violent criminals that we are not going to allow our streets to be overridden by crime. Instead, we are encouraging our youth to reject a life of crime and violence, and embrace a life of personal responsibility, hope and peace.

Our goal is simple. We want to provide safer neighborhoods throughout the city of Jackson, aid the initiatives of the Safe Neighborhood Task Force by making an effort to reduce illegal weapons on the street and to instill a sense of confidence and safety among the city’s law abiding residents.  

We are appealing to all Jackson residents to turn in hand guns and, in return, receive a $100 gift card. The identity of everyone participating in this program will be protected. There will be no questions asked.

Due to recent events in our city the target population for the gun buy-back program is the youth of Jackson. We want to make sure that the word is spread that the gun buy-back is a “no questions asked” event. We are appealing to young people with guns in their possession to choose the right thing. We are asking them to turn in their guns.

“One Less Gun” No Questions Asked Buyback Program will take place on Saturday, December 19, 2009 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the following locations:

·         East Jackson Church of Christ – 1461 East Chester St

·         Christ Temple Ministries  - 166 Airways Blvd

·         West Tennessee Battery Automotive and Heavy Equipment - 763 Old Hickory Blvd

TURN-IN PROCEDURE

The following procedure MUST be followed in order to receive amnesty for possession of a gun when it is turned in, and to receive a gift card.

1.       Gun must be delivered unloaded.

2.       Gun must be put in a clear plastic bag, and put into another container (gym bag, backpack etc.).

3.       If depositing ammunition in addition to a gun, ammunition must be delivered in a separate bag.

4.       If transporting the gun by car, gun must be transported in the trunk of the car.

5.       After the gun is screened, and determined to be a working firearm, a $100 gift card will be given.

6.       Rifles and Shotguns will be accepted; however no incentive will be issued.

All weapons will be checked for lost or stolen status, and if applicable will be returned to their rightful owners. All other firearms will be prepared for destruction by the Jackson Police Department.

DONATIONS TO THE FUND

This program is funded by private donation only. “One Less Gun” is a fund of the West Tennessee Healthcare Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible. Donations should be made to the One Less Gun Fund at the West Tennessee Healthcare Foundation.

1. Go to www.wthfoundation.org/makeadonation

2. Click on the Community Funds Link

3. Register as a user on the donation site

4. Once registered, select the One Less Gun Fund from the Designation Menu and complete gift

This "no questions asked" program will allow individuals to dispose of firearms without fear of charges for illegal possession. It is our feeling that one less gun on our streets is one less potential death. In addition, "One Less Gun" gives community members an opportunity to easily turn in a weapon and reduce the risk that a gun might be stolen and used for criminal activity.

While we have gained the support of the City of Jackson and many community partners, we need your help to make this program a success. If you have access to, or possess a gun, please save a life, and turn that gun in.
Link Posted: 11/24/2009 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
We had one of those in Nashville a few months ago...they were giving out circus tickets.

I thought about going, standing outside, & offering $50 or $100 for anything that looked good.  
Figured it might not go over too well, though...

My mother had an old RG .22 revolver that was so unreliable I wouldn't even trust it as a paperweight.  I'd always
planned on turning it in for $100 sometime...& putting the money on something good.  I found out recently she
actually threw the gun away!  Put it in the trash & had it hauled off!  What idiocy!

David
Link Posted: 11/24/2009 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I always thought it would be a better idea to just stand there offering the same deal for the decent firearms.

This is basically a easy way for scumbag to ditch one used in a crime.
Link Posted: 11/24/2009 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I always thought it would be a better idea to just stand there offering the same deal for the decent firearms.

we have a winner!!!!!!!!!! Also I wonder if they have the ability to stay no questions asked if some one shows up with, say , an illegal sawed off shotgun, chances are good that the person would not know that sawed of was a crime in itself???
Link Posted: 11/25/2009 4:05:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

we have a winner!!!!!!!!!! Also I wonder if they have the ability to stay no questions asked if some one shows up with, say , an illegal sawed off shotgun, chances are good that the person would not know that sawed of was a crime in itself???

I seem to recall reading an article about a 'no questions asked' buyback in Washington DC, where the spokesperson was quite pleased to tell the news media that in addition to the large number of handguns, they had collected a few sawed off shotguns, a submachinegun or two, and even a grenade.
Link Posted: 11/25/2009 5:20:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Could you go and offer some FTF deals?  That would be the shit!
Link Posted: 11/25/2009 6:03:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/25/2009 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Will they take "zip guns"?

with the price of a small piece of pipe, and end cap, a nail, and a rubber band we could bankrupt them pretty quick.
Link Posted: 11/25/2009 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We had one of those in Nashville a few months ago...they were giving out circus tickets.

I thought about going, standing outside, & offering $50 or $100 for anything that looked good.  
Figured it might not go over too well, though...

My mother had an old RG .22 revolver that was so unreliable I wouldn't even trust it as a paperweight.  I'd always
planned on turning it in for $100 sometime...& putting the money on something good.  I found out recently she
actually threw the gun away!  Put it in the trash & had it hauled off!  What idiocy!

David

Having had numerous conversations about (and knowing) your mother, WHY does this not surprise me?
MIKE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top