Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 7:26:31 PM EDT
I had downloaded a Dick's coupon from the (ARFCOM/AR-15/AMMUNITION) thread, and wanted to see if they had..... dick.

My coupon was for $10.00 off any purchase of $50.00 or more.

I was told when I got there that there was another coupon in the local paper. (see this thread)

This one was buy any box of ammunition, get the second one of equal or lessor value at 50% off. This was for A TOTAL of 6 boxes.

I didn't have a whole lot of money to spend, so I bought 6 twenty round boxes of Remington 55 gr FMJ, priced at $7.99 each

($7.99 + $4.00 = $11.99 x 3 = $35.97 for 120 rounds = $.30/round. Not too bad)

But wait, there's more....

When I checked out, I was expecting a total of around $40.00 with tax. I was charged $27 and change. I wasn't sure what to make of it, but when I got to the car, I checked my receipt. It showed all 6 boxes were discounted 50%.

I ended up paying $.20/round before taxes. I felt somewhat bad, but I got over it.

To give you some background, I have always been honest to a fault. Once my wife and I were buying two televisions and a VCR at the same time. The sales lady made some kind of manual input error and we were not being charged for the VCR. We said we think there's a mistake, and she was starting to put on a little attitude, until we explained that we didn't think we were paying enough. The manager ended up giving us something for being honest.

Dick's had the 50 round packs of the Remington for $20.00 (equals the same cost per round as the 20 round $7.99 packs), but you can purchase it in lots of 300, instead of 120.

Print off the coupons and try your luck.

HKO

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#1]
After reading your thread yesterday, I printed off a coupon for myself and headed down to the new Dick's in Murfreesboro.  Kinda funny that their employees always seem to live up to the name.  I've never had a good experience there.

Anyways, I picked up 6 boxes of the same Remington 223 for basically $6 a box.  I unfortunately didn't get 50% off all six like you did!

The coupon's only good until the 13th, so go after it, guys!

One word of advice ... don't buy the Ultramax crap!! I bought a few of the 150 rd boxes just before last Christmas, and was about halfway through the stash when I had a KB with it in July.  Ultramax did fix my rifle (complete upper) but it took them like 6-7 weeks.  I'm happy with how they handled it, but I'll still never buy the stuff again.

My $.02
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Go post this in GD so they can call you a thief.

It's a different (really, really weird) world over there.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I got 400 rounds of UMC for 105.00 out the door. all they had in knoxville was 200 mega packs.  I needed more but didnt have the cash flow. good looking out on the coupon
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Go post this in GD so they can call you a thief.
It's a different (really, really weird) world over there.

Ain't that the truth.

HKO
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#5]

HKO thanks for the coupon heads up.

Mt. Juliet only had three of the 200 round Mega Packs so I took one @ $69.99 - $10.00, one @ $69.99 regular price and one @ $34.99 half off.  $0.275/round isn't too bad.  Sales tax added another $0.025/round so I'm out the door at $0.30/round.  That's better than Wally world.

Madison only had 4 boxes of the Mega Packs so I'm out the door with a total of 1,400 rounds @ $0.29/round.

You know it seems like it wasn't too long ago that I thought $0.20/round was an expensive price.

BTW... the coupons were valid through today (10/12) so I don't think the stores will honor them in the morning.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

ETA:

OOPS, don't live in Baltimore, Bangor, Ithaca or Washington D.C. so coupon is good through the 13th (now today - Saturday ).

Link Posted: 10/14/2007 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I got 400 rounds of UMC for 105.00 out the door. all they had in knoxville was 200 mega packs.  I needed more but didnt have the cash flow. good looking out on the coupon

So you're the one that always cleans Dicks in Knoxville out before I get there!
Link Posted: 10/15/2007 4:44:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Who me? they had 2 mega packs left on the shelf after i got mine lol but i do clean walmart in halls out of the 6.47/ box everytime they have it. Also on a side note i have the Walmart in Tazewell sporting goods manager agreeing to order as many of the boxes of the UMC 6.47 as i say so if you live close by me i could place a order for you i work in Knoxville so no big deal on meeting some one to drop off.
Link Posted: 10/17/2007 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you're the one that always cleans Dicks in Knoxville out before I get there!

HeHe... You said "cleans dicks"... Knob Polishing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top