Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2010 5:40:27 PM EDT
I bought a 16" LWRC REPR a few months ago and have had major failure to feed problems with it since new. I'm using South African surplus, 146 grain, ball ammo (works great in my DSA FAL and Springfield Armory M1A) and C Products magazines just like the 1 magazine that came with it.  I called 'Joe' at LWRC and asked him about it. He said, "We know about this. C Products changed the design specs on their magazines and didn't tell us. We're working on a fix and should have some info soon. I asked him if Magpul 7.62 mags would work any better and he said no" Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone else have any new info?
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 2:28:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Try to find some of the older CProducts magazines is the best solution for the time being.
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 4:58:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The Magpul mags are proving to be very reliable in guns that would not run CProducts and DPMS metal mags very well. I would try running the Magpul Mags although they seem to think it will not help. I would have to at least find out for myself. They are cheap....what could it hurt?

But also.....what exactly is the round doing. How is it hanging up upon feeding. Can you describe it?
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 5:20:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Its a known problem and the factory is working out a solution, they made the magwell out of spec and trying to figure out how to fix existing customers guns
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]
There are 3 problems ranked by frequency.
1. Bolt stops with live round half way up feed ramp. This is severe enough in some cases to deform the case.
2. Bolt slides over the top round on the magazine to close on an empty chamber.
3. Failure to eject. Empty brass gets caught when bolt closes after skipping over live round.

The original C Products magazine that came with the rifle only feeds about 90%. The 6 new C Products magazines from two different sources are 20% to 40% reliable. I'm using South African surplus 7.62 NATO, berdan primed, 146 grain ammo. The ammo works fine in my DSA FAL and both Springfield Armory M1A's.
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Will, I did some more research after we spoke yesterday. This seems to be an ongoing issue and something that didn't materialize until after the first of the year on a large scale basis.

You're probably going to have better luck on LWRC's forum. There are only about 2-3 HTF'ers here that even have a REPR. LWRC are generally good people to deal with and they are evidently working on the problem. They know they have a problem and are hopefully working towards a fix.

Best advice I can give is to start some email communication or keep a call log. You want to keep proof of them giving you answers or promising solutions.

This is one of the reasons I wish there was a MIL-SPEC for AR-10 platforms before 5-6 different companies started building guns with different specs on their magwells.

http://forum.lwrci.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=0c3183bc4305e8bcac90d19376aa158a
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#6]
There is only ONE AR10 platform.

Link Posted: 3/2/2010 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.

An LWRC rep responded to my email to them yesterday and I believe they are handling this in a responsible manner. I'm just fishing for info and other people's experience at this point. I'm not trying to cause trouble for LWRC or give them a bad rap. I do have an LWRC M6A2 that shoots great, is very reliable and accurate and I like it a lot. In my business, we can't always solve product problems immediately and I expect nothing more from LWRC. They'll get this fixed pronto or they won't. I'll deal with things as they happen. So far, LWRC has acted responsibly.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 4:08:31 AM EDT
[#8]
edit by Mark (BookHound); no "WTS" (Want to Sell) ads allowed in the HTF.  Site rules.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 5:10:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

First post fail there, bud.

Code of Conduct

Specific To Sales
1.) Companies or individuals cannot advertise or sell products and or services in the forums (including siglines and titles) without prior approval from the site owners. (Industry Partners are allowed to post sales or specials on a limited basis.)

2.) Individuals interested in selling or trading equipment should resort to the Equipment Exchange. At no time should an item be listed in any discussion forum. (This includes links to auctions.)

3.) Fraudulent practices or attempts to defraud another person or group will be dealt with very seriously.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 5:16:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Willborner, welcome to the world of the BETA TESTER!  

I have faith in LWRC.  They'll get it sorted out I think.  Sad though that such an obvious problem wasn't discovered before shipping the first batches of these.  My experiences in the "gun business" have led me to believe most products hit the market with little (if any, in some cases) actual "real world", quality testing.

Mark
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 7:21:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Perhaps you should have gone with a tried and true DPMS
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought a 16" LWRC REPR a few months ago and have had major failure to feed problems with it since new. I'm using South African surplus, 146 grain, ball ammo (works great in my DSA FAL and...

I stopped reading right here.

Still, mag problems aren't the hardest to work out, if you want bring it over and I'll take a look at it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Should have bought one of THESE

Link Posted: 4/27/2010 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#14]

LOL!!!   I agree with the comments on that video.  What a tool.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, he could have bought something that wouldn't have shipped by now.

I'd rather have a gun that works half the time than one that is waiting to be made for a almost a year.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'd rather have a gun that works half the time than one that is waiting to be made for a almost a year.

D, it was a joke ....... I just like putting that video out there for people to see.  I think its funny.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#17]
sorry to hear about your repr issues.. i still hope to have one someday...
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah like my LMT 308MWS that Derek is gonna call me on any day now...
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#19]
So no shit.

They told me that they couldn't ship the guns from IL because their shipping guy was trapped in England becasue of the Volcanic Ash.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I knew that f'in volcano was going to end up affecting me somehow.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#21]
ikickhippies:
I read your post. I don't think it applies to my original REPR message. I didn't trying to sell it, I didn't make a fraudulent comment and I didn't malign the manufacturer. I stated my problem and asked if anyone else had similar feeding problems.
I received responses stating that, as posted on the LWRC Forum under General Comments, many owners of LWRC REPR’s do have feeding problems and LWRC knows about this. I confirmed this by contacting LWRC directly via phone. I contacted LWRC on 3/1/10 and am waiting for an RMA to return my rifle for repair.
Please let me know what forum website rule you believe I violated and I will modify my conduct to comply with the rules.
Willborner
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

D, it was a joke ....... I just like putting that video out there for people to see.  I think its funny.
Definitely got a laugh out of that.

Some things....multicam cannot hide.

Link Posted: 4/27/2010 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ikickhippies:
I read your post. I don't think it applies to my original REPR message. I didn't trying to sell it, I didn't make a fraudulent comment and I didn't malign the manufacturer. I stated my problem and asked if anyone else had similar feeding problems.
I received responses stating that, as posted on the LWRC Forum under General Comments, many owners of LWRC REPR’s do have feeding problems and LWRC knows about this. I confirmed this by contacting LWRC directly via phone. I contacted LWRC on 3/1/10 and am waiting for an RMA to return my rifle for repair.
Please let me know what forum website rule you believe I violated and I will modify my conduct to comply with the rules.
Willborner

It wasn't directed at you.  There was a guy that was trying to sell magazines below your post.  You haven't done anything wrong.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Will, Wasn't directed at you bud. You're good to go.

Quoted:
edit by Mark (BookHound); no "WTS" (Want to Sell) ads allowed in the HTF.  Site rules.

This Joseph dude was trying to sell Mags to you on the HTF. The HTF is a "no sale" zone. I was attempting to mentor without dogpiling on him. Marky Mark edited his post and now you can't read it.

[Nothing to see here, move along]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top