Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2009 5:54:31 PM EDT
What is an USC Bowling Pin Match?
Bowling Pin Matches are fast paced, close range handgun competitions that place a premium on accuracy and reliable equipment and ammunition. When hit by a bullet, the pins react randomly, particularly to off center hits. Thus accurate bullet placement is important.   USC Pistol Shooters are holding this match as a kick-off to the 2009-shooting season. Shooters are welcome to the United Sportsmen Club Pin Match:
4750 Henwick Lane, Jeff City
12 noon Saturday March 28, 2009

Safety Rules:
As with all shooting events at the USC, eye and ear protection is mandatory at all times on the range.
USC Operates a COLD RANGE… Keep all guns UNLOADED. Keep Pistol in gun case or in holster, hammer down, magazine out and unloaded until you are on the firing line and given the command to “LOAD and MAKE READY” by the Range Officer.
UNIVERSAL SAFE FIREARMS HANDLING
1. Treat all firearms as always being loaded.
2. Never point a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy.
3. Be sure of your target and what is behind it before firing.
4. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are pointing at the target.
SAFE AREA
The SAFE AREA is the designated area where you may safely handle or make adjustments to your gun. Always be aware of your muzzle and keep it pointed in a safe direction—directly into the berm.  NO AMMO allowed in Safe Area.
Fees & Prizes
The Bowling Pin Match entry fee is $5.00. Your fee covers one relay (four strings make a relay). Miniature scaled down steel pepper-poppers will be awarded as trophies to First through fourth place.
Rules for the Bowling Pin Matches
1. All Shooters will be limited to a maximum of 10 rounds in the magazine. (ok, plus one round in the chamber)
2. Shooters will be allowed 15 seconds to knock five bowling pins off of the 55 gallon barrels. You may reload as many times as needed within time limit.
3. The range officer begins each string of fire by starting a timer.
4. Each shooter has a scorer-timer who starts an electronic timer when the string begins; the time stops when the last pin is shot. (pins must fall to the ground)
5. If any pins are left at the end of 15 seconds, a 10-second penalty per pin is added to the score. (pins must fall to the ground to count)
6. If a shooter knocks a pin off the 55-gallon barrel after the 15-second time limit, it does not count.
7. Each 15-second interval is called a string. Shooters fire four strings back to back to make up a relay.
8. We add up the times from those four strings (plus any time penalties) to get the relay time. The lowest relay time wins.
Classes
Because this is our first time and we are using 55 gallon barrels instead of a 4X8 table, we will have everyone in the same class.  To be clear, all centerfire handguns will compete in the same class.  

Shooting Distance
Bowling pins are shot at a distance of approximately 25 feet.

United Sportsmen’s Club
4750 Henwick Lane, Jeff City
12 noon Saturday March 28, 2009
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a blast.  I'm going.
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#2]
oh yeah....do we need some more pins??? I will also be out to help. What time is set up?
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, I haven't shot a pin shoot in ages....especially with my open class .22.  But, I have a feeling that might not work here....?  I suppose the Ol' .45 works just as well, or heck, maybe the .357 Desert Eagle or the .44 Mag Redhawk.  They all love a chance to beat up some pins!  I might have to try to make it out for this one....
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#4]
10am set-up...

It should be a pretty quick set-up...  just 20  55-gallon barrels and 30 pins or so...  We can always use more pins...  Also if enough are interested, we might shoot some falling plates and the TEXAS Star..

DVC
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
i hate that i'll miss this billyglock. i think you may be onto something here  we might have to do something like it for a side match at higginsille.
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like fun.  I'll put it on the calendar.  Thanks...
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i hate that i'll miss this billyglock. i think you may be onto something here  we might have to do something like it for a side match at higginsille.

Puss.....
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Puss.....

sorry dude..........the double tap calls!!! why aren't you going? they'll let you shoot youre popcorn bowl gun there. i think you'd stand to do well there in production.

Link Posted: 3/15/2009 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Where is the double tap at? I just had a new baby girl and am a little bit on a short leash..
Link Posted: 3/15/2009 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Where is the double tap at? I just had a new baby girl and am a little bit on a short leash..

Congratulations on  your new baby....I meant to tell  you sooner. Changing jobs has had things pretty crazy and I forgot about it until RufDog and I talked about it last night.

Link Posted: 3/18/2009 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Just trying to reach out to other shooters........  
we also wanna introduce them to the USPSA/IPSC shooting.....

I am hoping we will have enough folks show up to also set up a short USPSA COF on the plate range with plates, paper, and the Texas star..  UUurah........

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Is it rain or shine??
There will be at least 3 of us comming maybe 5
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#13]
We will be shooting in the rain. We have a covered awning to shoot from under!!! It will be good to see you guys again.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Should we bring any other fun guns for after ???  I've got one guy who won't come unless he can do an assault rifle shoot of some sort.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#15]
if you want to shoot in the snow!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#16]
USC PIN MATCH RESULTS
March 28, 2009
R. Bernskotter      25.35
J. Frates              49.83
J. Gravitt              30.69
M. Loganbill         27.39
J. Loganbill          34.94
T. Koppinger        40.58
J. Spears            17.26    1st
J. Snell               19.28    2nd
J. Garrison          33.65
E. Duckworth      50.49
B. Schmutz        20.96    3rd
K. Broyles          22.41
D. Rufner            21.96    4th
K. Julka             40.10
C. Francis          22.73
It was a very wet and cold day at the range.  Thank goodness for the covered range.
A couple of folks learned that they need to work on getting some better rain gear.

But as a goofy ole guy used to say, "you gotta be tough to shoot in the mid-west".....

We hope you all enjoyed it.  Don't forget, TNT informal matches every Thursday at 5pm...  
Also our USPSA Monthly matches on the second Saturday each month starting on April 11, at 12noon.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top