Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2003 7:14:24 AM EDT
I've been tossing around the idea with Pitsnipe & Nascar3n8fan the idea of a regular dinner/meeting with some of the local Mid-MO members...
The Mid-MO Crew[:\]

The Texas DFW crew meet regularly for Dinner, Beer, "Gentleman Club" activities...
just to socialize with other ARers...

We probably have enough people in the area to have a nice size group.  Where is the closest HOOTERS??? Have they got one in Columbia???
If not we need to start a franchise there...

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess we'd also have to set one up for St. Louis and KCMO.  2 hours is a long drive for dinner.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested in a St. Louis area dinner meeting.  

If you all are well behaved, perhaps we should have a cookout, say after a day of shooting as my guests at Benchrest.  We could also get together for a shoot at Reifsnider or Logan Wildlife areas.

Another option we should explore is an occasional outing to shoot Sporting Clays - you can't use an AR, but any shotgun with two shots is great.  But be forewarned that Sporting Clays is extremely addictive.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm interested in a St. Louis area dinner meeting.  

If you all are well behaved, perhaps we should have a cookout, say after a day of shooting as my guests at Benchrest.  We could also get together for a shoot at Reifsnider or Logan Wildlife areas.

Another option we should explore is an occasional outing to shoot Sporting Clays - you can't use an AR, but any shotgun with two shots is great.  But be forewarned that Sporting Clays is extremely addictive.

I reasonably well behaved and might be interested.  About those clays - did you say shoot or hit.  I can shoot everytime, but that hitting part doesn't have as good of an average.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I guess we'd also have to set one up for St. Louis and KCMO.  2 hours is a long drive for dinner.

Exactly, I was looking to stimulate interest in Mid-MO, but everyone should feel free to get their local friends together to meet once and awhile.   This puts faces to the posts...

I met ShakyJake & Duke_Nukem yesterday @ Finger Lake for a shoot.  I (personally) had a great time, learned something new, and had fun meeting some ARers...

Duke said it shouldn't be to hard to get some of the gang together...

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm talking about shooting at clay pigeons, not necessarily hitting them (usually I hit more than I miss, but it's close some times).  Shooting Sports (Truxton) and Black Hawk (Old Monroe) are close, River Hills near Booneville is awesome.  Don't worry about scores, I'm happy if I shoot a little better each time out and get some diversion from work.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a new board member that lives in KC. I would be interested in a monthly meeting.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#7]
A Hooters and a Krispy Kreme, that's what we need.    I can't believe we don't have either one.  Columbia would be a great place for a Hooters.  We do a ton of work at the University and believe me there are plenty of healthy young women who would make excellent waitresses.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I can see it now...

SHOOTERS HOOTERS

We'd have to have meetings just to audition the waitresses...

- yep, she's a keeper...

- I don't know, It's hard to decide...
can we look at them one more time, yeah...
Hey DUKE run those applicants through one more time...
Damn, at this rate well be here all night...

{grin}

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Asked the DFW Crew what they do together, just to give us an idea of what the extent of gatherings can entail...

Here's their responses...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=169853

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds good to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top