Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2011 2:32:29 AM EDT
This ticks me off!! Those SOB's moved the meeting to southern Ohio at a drop of the hat, but now

they can have a meeting back there!?

http://www.ogca.com/

BTW –– I think moving OGCA from the I-X Center cost our club a lot of members. The club never tried to fight

Cleveland on the gun reg's. We were at the I-X Center for like 12 years when it was Brookpark. I'm sure we would have

had a strong case to be 'grandfathered' in. But instead of fighting, the leadership pulled a 'Modell'.
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 5:05:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I read the insert in the quarterly and it is an additional show not taking anything away from the Roberts center. they referred to it as a "test"
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
BRING THE MARCH SHOW BACK TO THE NORTH COAST!
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 2:20:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Might be because people in the North half of the state were letting their memberships go.

And you know this –– HOW?? Do you have privy to OGCA membership statistics? What I do know for a fact is AFTER OGCA moved

south, the new member notice in our newsletter went from about 4 pages to 1 page. I think the club lost a shitload of members

AFTER the move to Wilmington.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
BRING THE MARCH SHOW BACK TO THE NORTH COAST!

NEVAR!
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool, glad I kept my membership.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I let my membership lapse when they left Brookpark. If they are coming back, I'd love to get another membership, but I don't know any current members.
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 4:07:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might be because people in the North half of the state were letting their memberships go.

And you know this –– HOW?? Do you have privy to OGCA membership statistics? What I do know for a fact is AFTER OGCA moved

south, the new member notice in our newsletter went from about 4 pages to 1 page. I think the club lost a shitload of members

Let me get this right? If I understand your tone, you are taking umbridge because I agree with you? Why exactly are you upset that they decided to hold a meeting in the north? How does this impact you? Might it not be more fair and more inviting to new membership if they alternated meetings and perhaps had some convenient to the south and some convenient to the north? Please explain your apparent lack of decorum in this forum????

Let me get this right? If I understand your tone, you are taking umbridge because I agree with you? How would I know you agree with me, based on your statement?? Why exactly are you upset that they decided to hold a meeting in the north? How does this impact you? I've been in OGCA since the mid-1990's & therefore am concerned where the club has it's meetings. Might it not be more fair and more inviting to new membership if they alternated meetings and perhaps had some convenient to the south and some convenient to the north? Yes, meetings divided with 3/south & 3/north would be fair. OGCA's previous leadership has resisted numerous suggestions for meeting places in the north. Please explain your apparent lack of decorum in this forum???? "Lack of decorum"?? Because I questioned the veracity of your comment?? Sorry to disturb your genteel sensibilities!
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 6:58:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I let my membership lapse when they left Brookpark. If they are coming back, I'd love to get another membership, but I don't know any current members.

+1 also let mine go.  As many of the members did.  I know a lot of people that would rejoin if the had a meeting up north.  I was a member since 88.
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmmm...
I remember a thread back in February....

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=8&f=12&t=442257
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ya know at least one. Well now you do.

Link Posted: 6/16/2011 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This ticks me off!! Those SOB's moved the meeting to southern Ohio at a drop of the hat, but now
they can have a meeting back there!?

http://www.ogca.com/

BTW –– I think moving OGCA from the I-X Center cost our club a lot of members. The club never tried to fight
Cleveland on the gun reg's. We were at the I-X Center for like 12 years when it was Brookpark. I'm sure we would have
had a strong case to be 'grandfathered' in. But instead of fighting, the leadership pulled a 'Modell'.

As I recall, the City of Columbus offered to "grandfather" the OGCA in at Vets Memorial after the passage of the "assault weapons" ban. The powers that be of the OGCA told Columbus to pound sand - repeal it or we're gone. The same thing happened at the IX Center - the land of Cleve annexed
the center and it became assault weapons banned territory. The OGCA has a pretty firm stand on gun rights issues - no negotiating, zero tolerance. (good!!) Many members were lost due to the move to the Roberts Center. Many new members were gained, though. A move back to the IX center would have the same result. Many menbers would quit but new ones would be added. I made many of the IX shows, even though the drive time more than doubled. I never, ever considered quitting the OGCA.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya know at least one. Well now you do.

Thanks, if the make the move back to the IX Center, I'll get back with you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I let mine lapse after the show left Brookpark.
Even when it was there, I thought they should fine
a more central place. They never did.
Mayor Frank Jackson will not let this show being here, lie.
I have not heard, sense the State Supreme Court
over ruled his anti-gun actions. what he is up to!
But that show being in his town,
(Yes I'm sure he thinks it is HIS town)
Well bring out some kind of action on his part.
I feel sorry for the rank and file who have to follow
this progressive (anti-constitutional State and Federal) Mayor!
From check points to under cover buying!
I'm all for a few shows up North this way.
Next one in Akron.

PITA45

PS  Anyone know how much money Cleveland wasted fighting
against their own citizens gun right?

Link Posted: 6/17/2011 2:30:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me get this right? If I understand your tone, you are taking umbridge because I agree with you? Why exactly are you upset that they decided to hold a meeting in the north? How does this impact you? Might it not be more fair and more inviting to new membership if they alternated meetings and perhaps had some convenient to the south and some convenient to the north? Please explain your apparent lack of decorum in this forum????

Let me get this right? If I understand your tone, you are taking umbridge because I agree with you? How would I know you agree with me, based on your statement?? Why exactly are you upset that they decided to hold a meeting in the north? How does this impact you? I've been in OGCA since the mid-1990's & therefore am concerned where the club has it's meetings. Might it not be more fair and more inviting to new membership if they alternated meetings and perhaps had some convenient to the south and some convenient to the north? Yes, meetings divided with 3/south & 3/north would be fair. OGCA's previous leadership has resisted numerous suggestions for meeting places in the north. Please explain your apparent lack of decorum in this forum???? "Lack of decorum"?? Because I questioned the veracity of your comment?? Sorry to disturb your genteel sensibilities!

Just a note. Calling out the moderator is generally frowned upon in this establishment. Further, you would note that OGCA former members here have now stated that they left because of the move south and having been active in the Ohio firearms community since the early 80s, I have heard this repeated numerous times at numerous get togethers in the northern part of the state. Perhaps you should use more prudence in the future. Especially when someone, who actually does run the place, is not being confrontational with you.

S-O-R-R-Y!! I didn't mean to pick a fight with anyone! Just the whole topic of OGCA skulking-out of the I-X Center is a real burr in by shorts! And then the strong resistance to having a meeting place back up north -WOW! It is the OHIO Gun Collectors Association, so either a more central location should be found, or rotate the meetings between north/south. I hope a viable solution can be found for the benefit of ALL members!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd be REALLY happy if they brought every other show up to Cleveland.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 5:14:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow!  I remember going to every show with my dad when I was a kid in the early 90's.  I'd live to relive that.  
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top