Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/7/2007 4:37:45 AM EDT
Lets get a thread going to review/discuss some of the Local gun stores in Dade County.  Here are the stores that I know of and my personal experiences.

Jet's Florida Outdoors
9696 SW 40th St
Miami, FL 33165

Been there a couple times but never purchased from them.  A little high and no room for negotiations but they seem nice to deal with.

Ace's Indoor Shooting Range & Pro Gun Shop
2105 NW 102nd Pl
Doral, FL

Rude as hell and the prices suck.

Pantera Guns & Reloading Center
7365 NW 36th St
Miami, FL 33166

I've never been there

Lou's Police & Security Equipment Inc
4151 Palm Ave
Hialeah, FL 33012

Danny is the man!  Best selection and prices ANYWHERE.  Packed with people every time I go.

National Gun Inc
3709 W Flagler St
Coral Gables, FL 33126

Never Been There

Charlie's Armory
7147 W Flagler St
Miami, FL 33144

Very nice people to deal with.  Their prices get close to Lou's.

Florida Gun Center Indoor Shooting Range
1770 W 38th Pl
Hialeah, FL

Nice Range.  People seem ok.

Homestead Guns & Ammo
11 SE 2nd Dr
Homestead, FL 33030

Owner is quite pushy and prices are very high.

Florida Firearms
11060 Biscayne Blvd
Miami, FL 33161

Never heard of them before.

Link Posted: 1/7/2007 5:34:42 AM EDT
[#1]
The one time I was in Fla Firearms, they seemed quitew helpful & friendly, though its been like a year and a half since i've been in there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2007 7:10:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
2105 NW 102nd Pl
Doral, FL

Rude as hell and the prices suck.

While I was deployed to Homestead, I went shooting there every week.  The indoor range was very nice and you could shoot rifles.  The folks running it were not the friendliest of people initially, although they warmed up to me as the weeks went by.  I didn't buy any firearms from them, but ammo was a bit high.  Gun rentals were also pretty expensive.
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Lou's rules.
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Omi,

Supposedly FL Gun Center in Hialeah has gotten a lot better since I made my initial judgment.  My buddy Jason goes there at least once a week, and now they all greet him when he walks in the door, and generally treat him very well.  He also bought a handgun from the recently, and said they were good to deal with.  I haven't been there in a couple months.  

Florida Firearms on Biscayne Blvd is a dump.  I went there several years ago because I needed some ammo ASAP and didn't want to drive up to Bass Pro.  Suffice it to say my sphincter is still recovering from the ass-raping I got on a box of shitty ball ammo.  Also, a couple months ago I called there because I was looking for a new FFL to do my transfers, and Florida Firearms is close to where I live.  The conversation went something like this:
me: "Hi, do you do transfers?"
them:  "On what?"
me:  "um, guns."  
them:  "what kind?"
me: "pistols, rifles, whatever.  title one stuff."
them:  "no, I need to know exactly what gun are you transferring in?"
me:  "nothing at the moment; I'm looking for future transactions, and I want to know what you charge."
them:  "depends on the gun."
me:  "how about a Beretta 92, for example?"
them:  "naw, we don't transfer new stuff.  mainly just C&R."  

Link Posted: 1/8/2007 9:21:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Kodiak Supply (I think that's what it's called) in Hialeah is good for transfers.  Not the cheapest at $30 plus $5, but a nice enough guy and he was pretty efficient.  I transferred two handguns in from different vendors at the same time, and he charged me $60: $30 for the first gun, $25 for the 2nd, and $5 for the call-in.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Jet's Florida Outdoors
9696 SW 40th St
Miami, FL 33165

High prices.

2105 NW 102nd Pl
Doral, FL

Used to shoot there twice a week with the wife. Their range prices are crazy now. I never had a problem, but some of my friends had some.

Pantera Guns & Reloading Center
7365 NW 36th St
Miami, FL 33166

High prices. Good for Dillon reloading stuff since it can’t be marked up.

Kiffneys
Plaza 103
102900 Overseas Hwy.
Key Largo, FL 33037

Good prices and $35 for transfers as many guns you want. I did seven CMMG striped receivers for $35 + $5 for FDLE. A lot of guns in stock.

GVS
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I would add the following:

Miami Police Supply
5643 SW 8th St.
Miami, FL 33134
Ph. (305) 264-6367

Friendly people, negotiable pricing

Florida Armory Inc
8870 SW 40th St.
Miami, FL 33165
Ph. (305) 207-1300

Large collection of evil black guns, Pricing a little high, 10% transfer fee
Recently started Class 3 sales

Deltahawk Firearms
7175 SW 8th St        2nd Floor#211
Miami, FL 33144
Ph (305) 266-6411

New shop, have not visited yet
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#8]
How Florida Firearms (11060 Biscayne Blvd) remains in business defies all economic models.  Moreover, they might possibly have assembled the rudest group of people in Miami to staff that sh!t hole of a store.  This is truly an accomplishment, given that Miami might just have more a-holes per square mile than pretty much any other place in Los Estados Unidos.  The owner once quoted me a charge of 10% of the cost of a rifle to act as the FFL/transfer agent.    

Bass Pro seems to have the best prices on plinking ammo, although they never seem to have quality AR ammo (like Q3131 or XM193).

Lou's Police Supply is the polar opposite of Fla. Firearms.  Great prices and a knowledgable staff that gives a sh!t.  I've never been there and not seen a crowd, including Metro-Dade Brown Shirts buying sidearms.  Here's a big plus one for Lou's!
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
, given that Miami might just have more a-holes per square mile than pretty much any other place in Los Estados Unidos. !

I agree with this statement 100 percent.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#10]
The guys at Pantera are good people even if their prices are hi.

I was Charlie's 1st cc sale after he opened.  Seems like most of the time, there is a crowd there.  Not a bad thing, just takes a while to get anything done.  Very friendly and willing to make a deal.  One of the guys has been to the Colt Armourers course.  Charlie teachs the CCW classes at the gun shows.

South Dade Jewelry and Gun Exchange Inc
20848 South Dixie Highway
Miami , FL  33189

Add South Dade Jewelry and Gun to the list.  Never purchased a gun from them however, their prices seem resonable.  I've done several transfers thru them, though I only ordered FAL receivers through them.

Airport Le Jeune Rd Pawn Shop
831 NW 42nd Ave
Miami, FL 33126

I've done some business with these guys also, friendly, prices are resonable and willing to make a deal.  Not a real large selection, but they get some decent guns.  Most of the guns are used as you can imagine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2007 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#11]
IIRC South Dade is also a SOT, and will do NFA transfers.  I was told $100 for a NFA transfer, which is on par with any other dealer in SE FL.  Before the guy would even quote me a price on a NFA transfer, he wanted to know who I was, where I worked, who I knew, etc.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2007 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#12]
IMHO they are very over priced on what they have. I have been in the store many times and only bought an AK reciver. For transfers they want $50 per.

Florida Armory Inc
8870 SW 40th St.
Miami, FL 33165
Ph. (305) 207-1300

Charlies is not to bad to deal with. They charge about $30 a transfer and have some stuff in stock. Prices are decent probably not as good as Lou's but not to high.  You can go in the store and bs about guns with the guys that work there.

Charlies Armory (305) 266-0996 7
7147 W Flagler St,
Miami, FL
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Well I was after an XD 45 Compact and searched every store in South Florida and no one had it.  Lou's could get it and had the cheapest price.

I decided to call Kiffneys in Largo and they had 3 in stock.  They matched Lou's price and I went and picked it up.  Both Sales guys were great and nice to deal with.  They were just moving into a bigger location and things were upside sown but I was very happy with my purchase and support.

On a side note, the guy who I assume to be the owner came off a little uptight/rude but then again -- they were in the middle of a move and it may of just been a bad day.

I would definitely go there again.

And yes I know ARFCOM rules ...

The XD45C is as easy to carry and conceal as my XD9 Sub-Compact but has 10 rounds of .45ACP+p versus 10 rounds of 9mm +p+.  Height is the same and its only about an inch longer.  Ill be using it tomorrow at Eagle Tactics Defensive Pistol Class.  My wife inherits my old XD9SC.
Link Posted: 1/28/2007 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Aces:
Went there today. They just changed their policy - no reloads.  A couple of months ago I was looking for an AR15.  Their prices were high and they were ignorant.   A couple of guys know their stuff, but the rest .......  I will never buy a gun from there.  And as of today, no more shooting there either.

Lou's:
Bought my AR there.  Danny is great.  Good prices.  Better if you pay cash (Debit).  I had a problem with the AR.  Danny is taking care of it.  No $$ out of my pocket.

National:
Love em.  Small shop so prices arn't great and selection is not good.  They just moved to a smaller location and are trying to get settled. They try hard, so you gotta love that. Bought a 1911 from them. Cash helps.  The people actually care about you.

Pantera:
You have to deal with the owner.  The others may or may not know what they are doing.  Their gun prices suck.  bought a Glock from them.  Everyone makes a mistake, and this was mine.  They stock dillon and that is convenient.  

Hialeah gun shop and range:
Good people trying to make a decent living.  Small inventory.  Antiquated range, but good prices.  They run a safe range, and yet are not overly authoritarian like Aces or Trail Glades.  You have to reel in the targets by hand and there is no a/c.  Again, great people.
Link Posted: 1/28/2007 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Folks

Here is my review of the shops and ranges I know. I was born and raised in Miami and moved away going on two a year. My experiences are as follows.

Lou's - By far the best gunshop. Frank is VERY knowledgeable concerning tacticool gear and Danny does knows alot about weapons, especially 1911s. There is usually a crowd there so plan on spending some time. Prices were the best around, I don't know now. Lou is a true gentleman aswell.

? there is a shop in Hialeah, on the corner of 8th Avenue and 49 street. I do not recall the name. The guy must win shitiest personality award every year. You walk in the store and he makes it seem you are interupting his telenovela or something. Selection is poor but has old rifles if you are into that stuff. He had a preban Bushy for 2K when everyone had in stock ARs for $875 after the ban was lifted. I've seen him at gunshows and he is a dick just the same.

Pantera Guns - When the owner sees you $$$money signs twinkle in his eyes! I got ripped on a AR collapsable stock install a few years ago. His prices are high but selection is fair. I would avoid Pantera.

Ace's - The employees are unknwodlegable on the weapons they carry. God forbid you ask them to order something that is not totally mainstream because they have no idea about it. I asked them once about a Leopold 3.5 -10X tactical scope and  the old dude looked dazed. The range is good but is limited on the ammo one can use. In a pinch I shot there.

Florida (in Hialeah) The range is good and the staff are nice enough guys. They really just know about the selection  that they carry. Glocks, sigs and RRA ARs mostly. Prices are fair.

Jets - Not much to say. They are mostly a sporting goods store. I would not bother with them.

National in Little Havana - Was there maybe three years ago. Selction is poor to fair, prices fair. Not a big deal.

Gundoc - In Doral run by Dave was THE BEST GUNSMITH I have had the pleasure of working with. He is gone I heard. Left to Orlando to pursue engineering I think. The new owner in an unknown to me though.

That is my $.02.  I now residing in the grand ole state of Colorado, where I have my SBR, M4-2000 suppressor and go shoot in the mountains at anytime for free. The CLEO signs off on class 3 items all day as if it is no biggy. here.No way I could pull that off in Miami. Shame because Miami used to be a great place to live.  On a side note...props to TSSA. It's a great club and some good dudes there as well.

Link Posted: 1/29/2007 5:37:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I called Aces on Saturday to see if they had the High Cap Mags for the SA XD 9SC and the SA XD .45C.  The guy said he was not sure if he had them, not sure the price and was to busy to check for me.  I was informed that if I wanted to know for sure I would need to come over.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2007 7:47:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I shot at Ace's this weekend with Zip & tr6r.  They didn't give me a hard time because I was shooting factory ammo, but I saw the hassle they gave Zip & tr6r.  I also didn't like their target system...the targets hang from ropes/cables, and the target bounces for a long time before settling.  I like the range at Florida Gun Center a lot better.  

Ace's also charges 10% on NFA transfers....LMFAO.  I can't imagine bringing in a $15K MP5 through them.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2007 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Iam done with Ace's. I think thay just dont want anybody using the range if thay can't gouge you on the ammo also.
Link Posted: 1/29/2007 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I shot at Ace's this weekend with Zip & tr6r.  

I thought you weren't going shooting this weekend. I went and shot the M-11. Ran perfectly. loves the Wolf. Swampdog was there too and had the coconuts (on the ground) dancing.
Link Posted: 1/29/2007 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Florida Armory,

The guys are ok but they over price stuff far too much for me to considering purchasing again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2007 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Florida Armory,

The guys are ok but they over price stuff far too much for me to considering purchasing again.

Those guys are out of their mind when it comes to pricing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2007 5:34:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I shot at Ace's this weekend with Zip & tr6r.  

I thought you weren't going shooting this weekend. I went and shot the M-11. Ran perfectly. loves the Wolf. Swampdog was there too and had the coconuts (on the ground) dancing.

Doh!  Actually, I was able to go early Sunday morning.  It was the only time I could get away.  It was my birthday, so the Notorious W.I.F.E relented a little...but she made me take her with me so she could be sure that I was really going to the range and not the titty bar, and so she could shoot the new Sig I bought her for Christmas.  

Glad to hear your Mac is 100%...I'm looking forward to shooting it.  I'm almost done with my SOCOM556K project, so I'll bring that out next time.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2007 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Just picked this up at Homestead Guns and Ammo. Got a good deal $433 out the door.
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Ace's Indoor Shooting Range:
Pretty much dicks work there.

Delta Hawk:
Have heard good things, but still have to check them out.

Florida Gun Center:
Haven't dealt with them much, but I like their range.

Lou's Police Supply:
Nice and helpful staff, but very busy there. Pretty much the best prices on Glocks.

Miami Police Supply:
Friendly people, but prices are too high unless you meet them at the gunshow.

National Guns:
Great people, they know me by name now. Jack is the man. Selection is not the highest, but prices are fair and service is good.

Pantera Guns:
Haven't been there, but heard the owner is an Uber-Republican and very opinionated. High prices, I am told.
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I had another GREAT experiance at Charlies Armory Today ...

I got my new HK .40 USP Jet Funnel Edition in OD for $180 less then price It was offered at Florida Armory ... Also got it $70 less than the cheapest price online. Charlie special ordered it for me on Thursday and I had it Friday.

yea yea -- I know the rules ...

((not actually mine, but identical))
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I had another GREAT experiance at Charlies Armory Today ...

I got my new HK .40 USP Jet Funnel Edition in OD for $180 less then price It was offered at Florida Armory ... Also got it $70 less than the cheapest price online. Charlie special ordered it for me on Thursday and I had it Friday.

yea yea -- I know the rules ...

www.gilbertsguns.com/productimages/003383.large.jpg

((not actually mine, but identical))

Ahhhh the ever frightening red X of Death!

ETA: Damn, you fixed that quick!
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Damn, you fixed that quick!

Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Shot at Big Al's in Hallandale today.  Friendly people, and pretty decent range.    

Also, Big Al's is an NFA dealer, and they'll draft a trust for you for $75 (IIRC).
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Shot at Big Al's in Hallandale today.  Friendly people, and pretty decent range.    

Also, Big Al's is an NFA dealer, and they'll draft a trust for you for $75 (IIRC).

Good place, I was there yesterday.

Their prices are decent some of the ammo is a little bit much.

American Gun Range & Rental is a pretty decent place but sadly the guy at the front desk didn't know much about what he was talking about.

He was telling a buyer "Hey if you live here, go with an AR but if you were at war then take an AK because the AR jams."

Link Posted: 2/17/2007 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

American Gun Range & Rental is a pretty decent place but sadly the guy at the front desk didn't know much about what he was talking about.

He was telling a buyer "Hey if you live here, go with an AR but if you were at war then take an AK because the AR jams."

hell, you don't even know what the hell your talking about half the time anyhow.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hell, you don't even know what the hell your talking about half the time anyhow.

You're just mad, me and your mother have an intimate relationship.

Go chop firewood.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Aiiiiii PAPI!
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#33]
take your pillow talk to IM.    Lars: you get my msg?  
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

your just jealous
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Don't be a hater, JoeyA and I exchange mothers on occasion. I just get the extra STD.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#36]
F#ckers.  there was a mother exchange going on & nobody told me.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 4:15:12 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
F#ckers.  there was a mother exchange going on & nobody told me.  

Pics, and I'll consider it
Link Posted: 3/14/2007 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm having REAL issues with Ace's at this time.  I will post up more info when my transfer is complete.
Link Posted: 3/19/2007 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Ace's is the biggest s___hole I have ever been in. The owner is a certified whack job that offered to do a transferr of a Colt LE6920 two years ago, then would not let me have it 'cause the retired cop who sent it in from Ohio did not have an FFL. The law says only one of the parties in the transfer needs to have an FFL, and he does. This was not an issue until the gun was allready in his books!
I called ATF, and they said he was an ignorant fool, and that if he didn't give me my property, they would do a thorough compliance inspection the next day. With that he relented. A sad experience.
There is no reason to go to that dump ever again. If you want to shoot go to Trail Glades; if you want to buy go to Lou's Gun & Police in Hialeah (best prices on lots of black rifles and add-ons).

Jorge
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 3:19:27 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Ace's is the biggest s___hole I have ever been in. The owner is a certified whack job

Jorge

I agree 100%. What baffles me is that they stay in business.
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 5:36:32 AM EDT
[#41]
I've been to Ace's twice, and that was enough for me.  I personally didn't have a problem, but I saw how they treated people.  I'm liking FL Gun Center in Hialeah, and Big Al's in Hallandale.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Same here.  I went to Ace's a couple of time a few years ago and decided never to return again.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2007 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Bump !!!  This should be a sticky !!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2007 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Omi,

Is your transfer complete yet so you can share your Ace's experience?
Link Posted: 3/30/2007 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Omi,

Is your transfer complete yet so you can share your Ace's experience?

Nope -- I'm only at about the 4th week.  I still have another 2-4 weeks of wait ...
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 6:56:06 PM EDT
[#46]
ACES SUCKS!!!

I went there, got a better price from lou's police, asked ACES if they would pricematch the other price.  

they told me to go buy it there!  

they suck nuts.
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Here is my experience.

#1 Lous Gun Shop - Friendly as heck and very knowledgeable. BEST prices in Dade.
#2 H & H Firearms - Kurt is a standup guy!

These are the only two I use.

I HIGHLY recommend you NOT use Aces Gun Shop or Charlies Armory. Charlies Armory is one of the bigger ripoffs in the county. Dont go in there looking like a greenhorn, because they will definately try and take you for a $600 XD9, or a $550 USED RIA 1911, a $350 weapon NEW! Staff is non caring and pretty much going to ignore anyone not looking like they have $1000 to spend in there shop. Unfortunately for them I had some money to spend that day and they lost my business forever. Aces is pretty much unsafe and has some insane prices as well.
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Charlies Armory is one of the bigger ripoffs in the county. Dont go in there looking like a greenhorn, because they will definately try and take you for a $600 XD9, or a $550 USED RIA 1911, a $350 weapon NEW! Staff is non caring and pretty much going to ignore anyone not looking like they have $1000 to spend in there shop.

Interesting -- They always match or beat Lou's prices for me.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#49]
height=8
Quoted:

They must only do it for you. It must also explain why they are as big and as popular as Lou's.
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They must only do it for you. It must also explain why they are as big and as popular as Lou's.

I think its just you -- you must make them wet with the rolex and the lambo ...  My body order gets them to sell me stuff quick and cheap so they can get me out of the store fast.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top