Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 5:24:22 PM EDT
Hey guys i am a new dark sider have
my question to you knowledgable poeple of the ar15 website is what are your thoughts on the G20c in 10mm=?

the G20c is almost same size as my G19 right?
has a very high capacity of rounds!
and is one of the more powerful auto loader round besides the Desert Eagle hang cannons!

would i be better off to purchase the 10mm or the .357?

thanks for your help
Glockster19
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
........the G20c is almost same size as my G19 right? .....

No, the G20 is a full-size Glock(Same size as a G21)

has a very high capacity of rounds!.....

15(16rds w/one in the pipe)

Quoted:
........would i be better off to purchase the 10mm or the .357?

Depends, find a local range that rents and shoot both(G32 is the same size as your G19). The G20 may not fit you being a large frame or it might be just right.    
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
hey thanks for straightening my typo out there i was looking at the the 32 and 20 and typed the wrong thing in there but yes around here we are deprived of any ranged that rents guns the onyly ranges we have around here are rod and gun clubs and pretty much all the range is is a field outdoors with a backstop  nothing special

i have shot the full size glocks and the 20C is a golden gun to me just didnt know  if nowadays people look towards the .357 or the 10mm  
i am gonna buy the G32 aas another carry slash range gun sometime this springs but i am looking for thee G20 as my hotrod range guna nd just cause i think the 10mm is one of the stronger rounds made for auto loaders

what i am looking for out of this thread basically is:
accuracy 1mm or .357 better (G20) G32)  asside fromt he size difference
knock down power ? which is better
velocity and exspansion (i know i could look this one up but im not sur eon the exspansions
controlability (10mm and .357 are they both pretty close in felt recoil and muzzle flip?

thanks guys and thank you hot rod for correcting my model miscomunication

Glockster19
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
10mm

then .357
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:08:45 AM EDT
[#4]
What do you plan on using the gun for?  The only reason I would ever buy a compensated model is for competition shooting.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
the gun will be used for local competition and also maybe some CCW when i wear the shoulder holster or so on and basically to have a powerful not to common glock  there aint many around here with a 10mm or .357 they all have a .40 or .45

i realize the comp might raise a riisk or two during CCW use due to the fact it could somehow shoot shit into your face on a quick draw shoot but other then that they arent really gonna bother you would they ?

Glockster19
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
the gun will be used for local competition and also maybe some CCW when i wear the shoulder holster or so on and basically to have a powerful not to common glock  there aint many around here with a 10mm or .357 they all have a .40 or .45

i realize the comp might raise a riisk or two during CCW use due to the fact it could somehow shoot shit into your face on a quick draw shoot but other then that they arent really gonna bother you would they ?

Glockster19

It's generally considered bad joojoo to use a compensated gun for SD/CCW.  But since you have a dual use for yours, you can buy non compensated barrel and throw that in when you are carrying.  Thereby eliminating the risk of the compensation during SD/CCW.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#7]
10-4 that sounds like an even better idea
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top