Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 5:19:05 AM EDT
Alright guys i need your opinions, i found a slightly used stainless steel beretta 92 fs inbox with 2 10 round mags for 489 dollars, i could get a new xd 9 for 429 dollars what would you guys buy?  The beretta looks in perfect condition.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:20:32 AM EDT
[#1]

I have no experience with the Beretta, but I love my XD.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:59:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Alright guys i need your opinions, i found a slightly used stainless steel beretta 92 fs inbox with 2 10 round mags for 489 dollars, i could get a new xd 9 for 429 dollars what would you guys buy?  The beretta looks in perfect condition.

Get the XD and don't look back.

I sold my Berretta 92 AND my Glock 19 to buy more XD's.

Right now I have a sub, a service, and a tactical XD all in 9mm.  Relative to cost, they are the best shooting and most comfortable wondernine on the planet for my hands.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have no experience with the Beretta, but I love my XD.  

/\ +1
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#4]
XD
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you shot either/both?  Which one fits your hands better? (The grip shapes/feels are very different, as are the designs/operating systems.)
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#6]
If you ever plan on carrying it CCW, don't get a 92. IMO they are too fat to be easily concealed. YMMV.

For range shooting only, the 92 may be more accurate for you due to the classic SA capabilities as well as the longer sight radius, longer barrel, and increased weight, compared to the XD9 Service.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Beretta 92FS
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Personaly I would get the 92 if it was in primo cond. I have both and I think the 92 is a much nicer pistol. However for CCW the XD would be better. My XD is the stainless and that is what I would recomend not the blued slide. The finish stinks on the XDs however SA will recoat them for free if you have a problem but I do not like to send guns off so I got the stainless slide and it is not that much more. Thats just my 2 cents though.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#9]
beretta. Damn thing cycles with smooth perfection. I have had an XD and Beretta, and sold both, but if I was going to revisit them the beretta would come first
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Have you shot either/both?  Which one fits your hands better? (The grip shapes/feels are very different, as are the designs/operating systems.)

The XD fits & works in my hand. HardShell is dead spot on with this advice.

My 2¢,

wganz

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top