Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 11:23:10 AM EDT
hey, a fully loaded (10rd) mag is really hard to push into my xd9 and it is near impossible to hit the mag release button like that. is this normal? an empty mag works just fine, so does a full mag with the action open. im not sure the problem or if this is normal. thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this a factory mag? Is the mag new? is the gun new? I have a XD9 tactical and my mag release was pretty tight when new as well. After running the mags a few times they loosened up quite a bit..

Samuel
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
gun and mag are both new. mag is one of two ten rounders. the two mags and the gun have had 250 rds through them. so... i dunno.. is  that new?
thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like your mag catch is too long. With the slide pulled back, insert a loaded mag, does the mag feed lip on the left side hit the ejector if you push the mag up? does the bullet hit the ejector?
Which model is it, SC, 4", 5"?

Samuel
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]
it doesnt really look like its hitting what i think is the ejector. is the ejector that little tiny metal rod  above the mag? because thats barely touching the mag and the first round..
its a 4"
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:13:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I would say it's normal. I switched from 10rd mags to 15rd mags for IDPA competition (even though you can only have ten rounds in them) due to problems getting the 10rd mags seated.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#6]
so your saying i should buy high-caps? thats what i heard!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#7]
If you're in WA it should have come with the 15 ot 16 round mags from the dealer.

CD
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#8]
both m XD9 service and tactical do it, even with a factory 16rd mags. Load it with 9rds and it works fine. Its a stiff sprring with not much room to compress when fully loaded trying to, perfectly normal
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Must just be the 10 rounders.
I tried 2x 10, 2x 15, and  2x 16,  all SA factory.
The 2 10's took slightly more force to insert, but if you hadn't mentioned it  I would have not noticed the difference is so minute.

ETA: factory mags
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top