Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/26/2003 9:40:11 PM EDT
Was just looking through Gunbroker.com and noticed a stainless Vertec in .40 .The seller posted that the gun has several upgrades, and he listed a Wolff recoil spring and trigger conversion. Being new to handguns, and would like to get a vertec anyway...whats the story with replacing those parts. It appears that this is a popular modification because I've seen it listed on other peoples guns and web sites.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 3:28:50 PM EDT
did the ad say how many rounds he's shot through the pistol? was the recoil spring a different weight than factory? it's not a bad idea to replace the recoil spring every 3000-5000 rounds.

as for the wolff trigger spring conversion, some prefer it to the factory spring for ease of maintenance (i.e. it won't go into orbit when disassembling the gun). i don't see it's value at $20 plus shipping charges. you can get spare factory trigger springs for a few dollars and keep them in your range bag. just my $0.02

you can search www.berettaforum.net for more answers!

hope this helps
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:41:18 PM EDT
Thanks for the word-- John.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:49:57 AM EDT
Beware the seller of a used gun with springs replaced. He may very well have done some sear work too & "forgot" to mention that. Next thing you know you've got a full auto handgun.

I buy most of mine used but I do shy away from those who have had "trigger jobs" unless I know the gunsmith.

My .o2
Top Top