Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 8:17:19 PM EDT
The spring is tapered on my non-captive setup.
Does the smaller end go towards the muzzle or vice-versa
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#1]
anyone, Bueller?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Small end goes away from the muzzle.  Did you just get a spring by itelf?  Mine came with instructions, recoil spring, guide rod, and a new striker spring.

mm
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Small end goes away from the muzzle.  Did you just get a spring by itelf?  Mine came with instructions, recoil spring, guide rod, and a new striker spring.

mm

My instructions didn't say a thing about spring orientation
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi

I am using a Wolff 14# full-sized spring for my G17 along with a Wolff steel guide rod (non-captured). After much experimenting, I found the smaller "tapered" end faces the guide rod cap while the larger end contacts the slide. This also makes sense when you figure the smaller tapered end will move all about in the slide's larger spring stop. In addition, that tapered end has a progressive rate for additional force to move slide back.

I am also trying out a wolff 4lb striker spring to reduce the chances of the slide firing out of battery as well as for a nicer trigger pull (NY1 + 3.5# connector + 4lb striker spring = very smooth pull with a clean break).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top