Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2003 1:59:22 AM EDT
I was looking at this real nice 3inch 357mag S&W in the used case at the gun store . I liked the look and feel of it right away then I turned it over to see Lady Smith on the side of the frame how freeking nice ! How could I buy a gun that has freeking Lady Smith on it how tell me !?!?! Seriosly though I still want it but what should I do sand paper the lady smith off the side or what ? Or better yet does anyone know of product I can use myself to make the frame olive green and the cylinder black ?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:31:23 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a chance for you to express your feminine side.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:39:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Get a S&W 686.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:30:57 AM EDT
[#3]
It will kill thugs dead even if it is painted pink and trimmed with lace. If you are too macho to have "Lady Smith" on your gun, you can always have a gunsmith polish it off...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It will kill thugs dead even if it is painted pink and trimmed with lace. If you are too macho to have "Lady Smith" on your gun, you can always have a gunsmith polish it off...

I agree with this. But whatever you want.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Where on the side.  Would it be solved by replacing the sideplate?

A 3" round-butt M65 is too good of a combination to let a little flowery engraving turn you off.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#6]
How about those dime-store lookin' fiber optic sights that S&W is putting on everything these days?  Solid steel (blued or stainless) patridge or ramp sights for me!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#7]
There's this nifty technology called bead-blasting....take that faggy lil Ladysmith logo right off that bad boy...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, what John_Wayne777 posted. But, if you're that concerned about it, I think most of S&W's markings are laser etched... not roll stamped.

It's a pretty shallow imprint. I'm willing to bet that with a bit of elbow grease and some Flitz or JB's bore paste it could be rubbed out and not noticed. If not that, a buffing wheel and some cutting/polishing compound would definitely do it.

While we're on the subject... my gripe with S&W is why did they put the big-assed SW 1911 on their new 1911?
Not that I find it cheezy or stupid; it just doesn't look right on an otherwise beautiful looking firearm.

Hands up cheeshy looking markings has to go to the Taurus "Raging Bull".

Wouldn't stop me from buying one but, WTF were they thinking?

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#9]
While we're on this topic...

What's up with Kimber and that gay-ass girly looking cursive rollmark?  It looks like someone took a calligraphy class...
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hands up cheeshy looking markings has to go to the Taurus "Raging Bull".

www.taurususa.com/imagesMain/H_454SS6.jpg

Wouldn't stop me from buying one but, WTF were they thinking?

It HAS stopped me from buying one.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#11]
aren't you supposed to give your guns women's names anyway? treat it well etc... plus loaded full of 357 mag hollowpoints who cares if it's a ladysmith or personally endorsed by Britney Spears it's still a badass weapon. i dare anyone to make fun of you while you're holding it.. 357 is so tough it could have little pink flowers on it and a bow and it would still inspire fear.

and another thing it's the user not the weapon that creates the image.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top