Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 11:13:48 AM EDT
Just bought an XD 40 tactical, came with two mags. standard. Can just barely fit 11 rounds in there! almosts seems like these are 10 rounders, I cut my self trying to shove the 11th round in, and thats as far as I can get it! normal? how can I break it in?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:15:44 AM EDT
[#1]
man up.
Did you get the XD gear. The mag loader that comes with it works really well and how the hell did you cut yourself?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#2]
no xd gear, it must be older stock. it is seriously impossible to get another round in! thumb slipped, and cut on the feed lips
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what to tell ya. I got a gimpy hand and I can still load my new mags by hand without a loader.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Its hell but it can be done.  Mine were also tight as can be new.  Once I got 12 rounds in them, I let them sit for a month to try to help weaken the spring.  You cant really tell it did much though as its still a bitch to load them.  Try the XD Gear mag loader if you need help.  I havent used it, but everyone talks about how well it works.  I cant imagine how you cut your thumb.  Must be freshly milled magazines.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine were the same way brand new. A real pain in the ass to load the 12th round.  Mine have loosened up with some use though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:31:10 PM EDT
[#6]
My bran new XD40's mags were the tightest I have ever seen, almost impossible to get the 12 round in.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:25:20 AM EDT
[#7]
the two post above are how mine where,..hell there still a little snug now almost a year later.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#8]
i cut my thumb too

on the last round set the mag on a bench  it will help the mag from moving, making it a little easier to load the last one.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I buy new mags load them and leave them in the safe

it helps

I also have a HKS mag loader its a must have
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:37:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Once I got 12 rounds in them, I let them sit for a month to try to help weaken the spring.

maybe you should have cycled them a few times, since it's the cyling of compression/relaxation that actually weakens a spring, not sitting compressed for a long period of time.  

just cycle the mags a few times.  Hell, get a small dowel rod or something and push the follower down to the bottom 30-40 times.  that should loosen up the stiffness in the spring.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had my XD for a few months now and the mags are still a bitch to load. Not nearly as bad as when I got it, but still a pain.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#12]
HKS mag loader, 12 is tough but do-able, like above, load 12 and let 'er sit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top