Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2003 5:22:12 PM EDT
I'm looking at getting a new pistol in .40s&w. which would you chose of these two and why?
S&W 4006tsw or Ruger p944th
I've had a ruger p90 and currently have a s&w model 59 9mm, but i just can't decide which one to choose. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks,Cory
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go Ruger for the price, and reliability, But if price were no issue, S&W all the way, but the prices aren't that different are they? I've had good results from both brand pistols, but not the models you mention. So I vote Ruger!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Toss up in my book.  Own both Smith and Ruger, happy with both companies.  Ruger will likely be the cheaper of the two.  Both should shoot equally well.  Decide how much money you want to spend.  Decide which one fits your hand best.  Can't go wrong with either, really.

Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd go with the Ruger.  I have never had any problems with any of my 4 Rugers.  They build them like tanks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#4]
CZ!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The Smith has a little more class, IMO.
The Ruger is nearly unbreakable...big help, huh?
Seriously, other than how it fits your hand, is there a wrong answer?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#6]
The S&W is better from the aesthetic viewpoint, as well as the sights that come standard on it, but both are very reliable guns.

But you might not agree on my take on the looks, so it comes down to the above comment on how it feels in your hand. (That 4006 with some Hogue grips, that's what I'm imagining in my hands out of the two.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top