Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2008 6:31:27 PM EDT
got my m&p pro today, the label on the box say's m&p pro, the part# is for the pro, has the f.o. sights of the pro, but the slide say's "m&p9L" not pro series is this correct? I say no, it dont look like any pic of the pro Ive seen, there going to love me tomorrow at s&w.

Link Posted: 6/27/2008 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks like you got a 9L slide with the Pro sights.  They have a slightly different profile at the end of the slide.

How is the trigger on it?  If it is lighter than a regular M&P, then you got the sear from the Pro.  

As long as I got the fiber optic sights and the Pro's trigger, I would be fine with it.  But on the other hand, you did pay for the Pro model so it should say Pro on the side.  Let us know what S&W thinks about it.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#3]
called them this morning, they put the wrong slide on it, they want it back, so a call tag is inroute.
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
called them this morning, they put the wrong slide on it, they want it back, so a call tag is inroute.

Dare I suggest this would make the gun a bit more valuable with the original box?  
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dare I suggest this would make the gun a bit more valuable with the original box?  

I did think of that, if someone makes me an offer that would replace it with what I wanted, the pro model its theirs.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 3:51:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you shoot it before you sent it back
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 6:35:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd try to get a letter documenting that and then hold onto it.  Could be worth a bit in not so long.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Did you shoot it before you sent it back

yep, below is 3 mags of mixed manuf. basic junk ammo out of a ammo can, at 25 yards offhand. and I just got the call tag today, shes going back tomorrow.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]
got her back today, slide is correct, trigger is much smoother, and they even threw in an extra mag!

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Did they send you a brand new gun or just rework the original?  Very nice bun by the way, i think i need a MP9L to go with my MP45.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Did they send you a brand new gun or just rework the original?  Very nice bun by the way, i think i need a MP9L to go with my MP45.

it appears they replaced the slide, and cleaned up the trigger, and the .45 and the 9 do look good together, but I still prefer my .357 though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#12]
How would you compare the trigger on the Pro series to the standard models?  Im guessing the trigger is just lighter and more crisp?  Just curious cause the only time I get to play with pistols i dont own is when i take a trip to Cabelas.  Also i must say that im jealous MP collection.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#13]
it is way lighter i'd say half the #'s of pull, it is also smoother and less gritty than the standard models.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top