Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2013 6:55:21 PM EDT
I've been reading up alot about underwood ammo's velocities and reviews and it's pushing me towards the edge of the fence on picking up another glock. a few years back I consolidated calibers and standardized my handguns to 22lr and 9mm. I figured capacity and modern 9mm ammo is more than enough that shot placement provails over energy. buuut..... now the margins are starting to open up with ammo like .357 sig zinging a 125gr at ~1600ft/sec (g31)  does sound very tempting. that and the 10mm offerings are very impressive as well. I reload so from that standpoint I could get away with using the same componets as 9mm (excluding brass) for plinking ammo. then buy a case or two of full throttle underwood ammo. I also have close to 2000 40 cases which I read work well being formed to .357 sig for range use (shorter neck) I already reload for 10mm (for my little brother) but that would still require brass, large pistol primers, and bullets on my part to get started up. I live in central arizona so big critters aren't a concern otherwise 10mm would be a no brainer, but the flat shooting .357 sig may be quite handy and the added barrier penetration is a nice feature.

am I overthinking it? or is it something worth considering?

oh forgot to mention I have a G19 and G17 at the moment
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Underwood's 9mm+P 124ge is hot hot hot.. But I really like to carry my Glock G32 with underwood ammos 124gr. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. And it gets peoples attention at the range.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
200 gn 10 mm at 1200 fps?  What is not to like?  Love their stuff.  And it is CHEAP compared to other full throttle ammo manufacturers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Underwood's 9mm+P 124ge is hot hot hot.. But I really like to carry my Glock G32 with underwood ammos 124gr. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. And it gets peoples attention at the range.
View Quote

yeah thats what i'm thinking. a g32 or 31.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
200 gn 10 mm at 1200 fps?  What is not to like?  Love their stuff.  And it is CHEAP compared to other full throttle ammo manufacturers.
View Quote

hands down the 10mm is the most versitle round out there(in a glock). from 130gr-230gr which makes it a hard decision. the .357sig is a one load wonder(hot 125gr or go home) havent felt a gen 4 g20 or 29 yet. my lil bro has a g20sf and I do like the feel of it. the slide weight is however a little noticable.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty sure the Lord God himself could come down and announce which caliber was best and the next day you'd have a bunch of people moving over to worship Satan, Buddha or Zeus because "I ain't worshipin' no God that likes XYZ caliber."**

**  For the record, Zeus is a 10mm guy, Satan likes .45GAP and Buddha insists that more people have been killed by .22LR than any other handgun caliber.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

am I overthinking it? or is it something worth considering?

View Quote

Yes you are.  Buy a proven brand of premium 9mm hollow point and load your Glocks up.

Work on honing your mindset and your shooting ability under stress.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top