Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2002 2:59:45 PM EDT
went to the big funshow today,with an old ruger p90 for sale/trade .sold the ruger and bought a new walther p99 in the od military finish.it is sweet!i handeld a new g 19,the 3rd generation grip did not fit me,then i tried a beretta.the beretta was very nice but is big and heavy.then i tried the walther,it is an ergonomic masterpeice! i will get to the range tommorow and do some blasting.plan on returning to this post with a function test tommorow.if it shoots as well as it handles it will be a winner!
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The P99 is perhaps the finest combat handgun in the world today... that an the Springfield XD/HS2000.

I own both and I prefer them over my Sig P226, HK USP and the Berettas I have fired.

Which calibre and price?
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The P99 is perhaps the finest combat handgun in the world today... that an the Springfield XD/HS2000.

I own both and I prefer them over my Sig P226, HK USP and the Berettas I have fired.

Which calibre and price?

HR,
Huh?  Perferred over your SIG and HK?  I'll have to check one out at the next show.
BB
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 3:56:41 AM EDT
[#4]
the pistol is 9 mm , the price was 539.00 out the door,from my understanding that is a premium price,but was the best price of the show,for this model.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 6:02:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats on the new pistol. I just ordered the 9mm in green this weekend. Davidsons has had them on 'sale' to the FFL's for a few weeks and the best I could do locally was $510 + tax which is still more than you paid in the end.

Link Posted: 12/8/2002 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a very early P99 and I paid a huge premium, $589 so don't feel bad.

1Gun, its calibre, not my fault if you slum it with the bastardized spelling of caliber.  Its also cheque, not check/  Got it, beotch?
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 7:55:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#8]
just got back from the range,all i can say is wow! i have never shot an auto pistol this well.i ran 200 rounds of cci blazer 115 grn.fmj.thru the tube no failures of any kind.i just finished cleaning the pistol,and once again i say wow, that has got to be one of the simplist field strips of my experience.overall  i would say that i am tickled shitless with this fine german firearm and would recomend it to anyone thinking of a nice high end pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top