Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2007 10:01:14 AM EDT
So I have a XD9SC and a XD40 but am to the point where I hate buying ammo for both and would like to simplify my life. That is I want to sell or trade off my 40 for another 9mm. I have the case 2 10rd mags warranty card etc. I went to the pawn shop and found 2 xd9s - 1 service and 1 sc. They both come without cases and everything and only 1 mag.

So being that mine is in pretty damn nice shape(newer refinish in gunkote to keep away rust) and has all the crap that came from the factory how much should I look at getting for it. I realize pawn shops fishhook you in the anus most of the time but Im hoping high it will be a close to even trade.

If not there the local FFL would give me $325 or so towards a new XD9 that they charge $600 for
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
advise on my best way to trade/sell my 40sw?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#2]
well, you can try selling it/trading it online (EE, gunbroker, etc)...but shipping might catch you

trade ins are ok, depending on your shop's dealer and if they will give you a fair shake

i'd say your XD package might be worth ~$400 at most (considering the banned mags and gunkote); i dont think i'd trade it for a value of $325 towards a NIB XD9 for $600, where you will have to pay another $275...i'd pay maybe around another $50 tops

also, you could leave out some of the accessories and sell em independently and just trade the gun+mag+card...

i dont suppose you can switch out your .40sw bbl for a 9mm bbl like on glocks?

how about a gun show?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#3]
EFK makes a conversion barrel that I had for awhile but it was very inaccurate(never hit the same place twice)
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
EFK makes a conversion barrel that I had for awhile but it was very inaccurate(never hit the same place twice)

ah...fluke bbl?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#5]
He could get a .357 sig. barrel for it from Midway USA....food for thought.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ah...fluke bbl?

I have no Idea. I was new to my xd at the time so I had my dad shoot it whos dead eye dick with pistols and he had the same results.  I dont know if it was the gun or the barrel but whatever it was it was way wrong
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ah...fluke bbl?

I have no Idea. I was new to my xd at the time so I had my dad shoot it whos dead eye dick with pistols and he had the same results.  I dont know if it was the gun or the barrel but whatever it was it was way wrong

ah, well i had an EFK bbl for my HK USP...it grouped real tight; only problem was it failed to feed many differnt loads and would not lock on certain brands (like tritons, etc); i ended up calling EFK who told me to sand some metal off, but i ended up selling it off

have you tried to contact EFK, they might be able to help you out
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Put it up for sale on the EE, and try to sell it locally.

Even if you have to ship it, you will still end up with more money than trading it in.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#9]
i was in the same boat
i had almost a brand new XD .45 that was just to much gun for my small hands
went to trade it and only would get 375 for the gun practicly brand new
i passed

2 weeks later i went to a fun show and traded it with 200 bucks for an HK USP 9mm
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Even if you have to ship it, you will still end up with more money than trading it in.

Steve

Thats gonna have to be what I end up doing. I went to Scheels tonight and they offered me $280 for a like new XD

This is the perfect example of why I dont support any local FFLs they are all high priced fucks who shell out little to help a guy out and turn around to still make a profit and sell a new firearm. Im done with them
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve

Thats gonna have to be what I end up doing. I went to Scheels tonight and they offered me $280 for a like new XD

This is the perfect example of why I dont support any local FFLs they are all high priced fucks who shell out little to help a guy out and turn around to still make a profit and sell a new firearm. Im done with them

That does suck, in my area there are only a few small FFL's and the prices are more than i'm willing to pay for new guns.  I will buy used guns from them if the price is right, but otherwise I buy on line and have someone with a FFL at home do the transfers.

$280 is way too cheap, sell it here or to someone you know.

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top