Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2004 3:30:48 PM EST
I shot my new pt140 and notice that it does not lock up all the way when fired. I can push in on the slide with very little force and it will lock up and then fire. don't give me the limp wrist routine. that is not it. I did notice that the spring on the barrel is different then my pt111. the small spring on the rod well expand and come apart. this one only moves inward towards the front. I think this is the problem child. it appears to have no ridges or bind marks anywhere. everything seems to be right. had plenty of lube on the rails and all. have any of you seen this problem on the pt140 before

steve
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:35:08 AM EST
hey stolivar-

Have you tried reversing the Large recoil spring. From what I've heard (I don't have one of these) but I've heard that there are two springs in the gun. The larger of the two has to go in a certain way. Usually people who put them in backwards have a gun that looks and feels right, but jams or doesn't lock properly when in use.

Good luck.

Teflon_Tip
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:34:06 PM EST
the recoil spring is in correctly. thanks..

steve
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:43:37 AM EST
how many rounds do you have through it?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:24:11 PM EST
150 rounds..... it fail to go in battery the more I fire it... Even after a good cleaning and reoil.
it is back at the factory now.

steve
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:38:19 AM EST
Well, they should be able to take care of it. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:47:15 PM EST
been back at factory since 7/16 th. called and they have no status on it except they have it.

stevehinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:42:53 PM EST
"Been back at factory since 7/16 th. called and they have no status on it except they have it."

My experience with Taurus service was also very slow. I purchased a PT-140 when they first came out. Drove an hour first thing in the morning to pick it up, another hour back home. Inserted the magazine and let the slide go into battery. Pushed magazine eject and the magazine hung up. Manually pulled out the mag and the mag release button came out the bottom. I was pissed to say the least. Took over 2 months to get it back and I hadn't even owned it for 2 hours. Asked Taurus for something for my inconvenience like an extra magazine because it only came with one back then and they said, "Sorry."
Top Top