Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2009 4:58:48 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to buy a Kimber Ten II (black slide, 4" barrel) for $450 out the door (that's a hair over $412 before tax). Negatives: barrel is fouled, the hammer has bit of surface rust, and the high points on the slide are a bit worn. It's still very tight, so I know it's been fired MUCH less than the external wear would indicate.

So, what say you hive mind?

Have you shot / owned one? How did you like it? Is this a good deal after taking the negatives into account?

Poll on its way, so I'm the first IBTP.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this a 10mm or a 10rd 1911?
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#2]
.45ACP, double stack, mags can be had in 10 round or 13 round flavors.

If I understand correctly, Kimber discontinued the Ten II family.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
kimber bp 10 2 series is the polymer framed hi cap .. bul inc in isreal makes the frames for kimber.. they also make the frames for the charles dayly polymer hi cap gun.. i like mine the bul m5 polymer hi cap frame is advertised as being 1/8th thinner than a standard USGI issue gun.. i would assume the kimber is as well
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Kimber + hi-cap = save your money
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Save your money, Its crap. I sold mine.
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I almost bought the same gun (except it was the gold model)  If you like the setup, buy the Charles Daly and get the warentee.  The $ is almost the same.  Luckly I bumped into a lightly used STI Tactical 5.0 to spend my $ on instead (a little more $ though)
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Colt combat elite.... fo sho
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#8]
For $450, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.  Lay the hammer flat on some crocus cloth to polish off the rust spots.
I just bought a Charles Daly.  (As noted above, same gun, mfrd by Bul in Israel.)
Came with two mags.  I had a hard time finding extra mags, then noticed that the Kimber Ten mags are identical to Para-Ordnance mags, except for one thing:  the magazine catch notch on the P-O is just a smidgen lower than the one on the Kimber.  I had a Clinton-era 10-round P-O mag that I could afford to experiment with, so I filed away on the top of the magazine catch notch, a little at a time, until it latched into the Kimber/Daly.  Took it to the range, and by golly, it works!  So, if you can't find Kimber/Daly spare mags, you can get P14 mags and file the notch.

ETA - I was disappointed to discover that the Kimber/Daly does not fit in standard 1911 holsters, as does the Para-Ordnance.  Bummer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top