Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2003 8:43:29 PM EDT
I bought a new DeSantis thumb break scabbard holster that is squeaky. Anyone know of anything but time that will make the squeak go away ?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a good leather conditioner and follow the directions.  I don't remember the name of the one I used to use, but it had an apple on the bottle.  Talk to someone at a leather shop and make sure you get a good one instead of the Wal-mart special.

I used it for leather jackets instead of holsters, but it should be pretty much the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:32:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Be aware that a holster should be "hard" rather than "soft" like a leather jacket. Check with DeSantis about what to use on the holster before you slather something on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top