Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 5:44:16 PM EDT
my first pistol WILL be a 1911, when i finally turn 2-1 in Oct

which should i get first?

this will be for the range, future CCW(perhaps), maybe IDPA, and overall HD

i was orgionally looking at the SA park loaded, but then i said that i might as well get the operator, but then i said i might as well save some $$$s and get the mil spec....so

i will have ~$750, maybe $800 saved by then

SA parkerized Operator ($779)
SA parkerized (or OD amory kote) loaded w/ night sights ($650)
SA mil-spec ($500)

now i want a spurless hammer, so if i get the SA mil-spec, i'm going to have to install one--is this tough to do myself, or easy if i got insturctions and tools?
also, i would want to take off the back-strap hump--i want a flat mainspring housing, or is that possible?

or just get the loaded and be done with it?
or get the operator now and that will solve all of my 1911 uses? then its the color...parkerized or OD armory kote?

thanks all

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
loaded> which color/finish--parkerized or the OD armoy kote? looking for the toughest or easier to re-finish when needed....

thanks SGB
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
loaded> which color/finish--parkerized or the OD armoy kote? looking for the toughest or easier to re-finish when needed....

thanks SGB

6 of one Half dozen of the Other.  I'd go parkerized, but then I'm an Old Fart.

i do like the park better--park then

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top