Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 6:07:33 PM EDT
sigma warranty

I have a Sigma sw40f that I bought in the summer of 94. It has given me many years of reliable service. But recently it developed the crack on the bottom of the dust cover that they are know for.

As I said I bought it in 94 , but I do not have the receipt. Do I need to get a copy of the 4473 before they will do any warranty work?

I do not remember if I sent a warranty card.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:04:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You don't need any paperwork at all.  Just call S&W's 800 number and tell customer service exactly what you posted here.  They will send you a UPS or FedEx shipping label.  You send the Sigma back to them, they destroy it, and send you a brand new SW40VE.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
sigma warranty

I have a Sigma sw40f that I bought in the summer of 94. It has given me many years of reliable service. But recently it developed the crack on the bottom of the dust cover that they are know for.

As I said I bought it in 94 , but I do not have the receipt. Do I need to get a copy of the 4473 before they will do any warranty work?

I do not remember if I sent a warranty card.

Thanks for the help.

No worries.

Let me tell you my Sigma story.
I had an SW9M that unlike your sigma was worthless, unreliable and a total POS.
I call ed S&W after I had it sitting in the safe for 4 years unloved, when someone mentioned to me that S&W had a lifetime warranty. I was not aware at the time.

TO make a long story short, S&W asked me to send it in when I told them it would not fucntion reliably, and they replaced it with a brand new S&W model 908 free of charge, even though nothing was broken on the SW9M, just stovepiped a lot. They paid shipping charges, and they were very courteous and no questions asked. Don't worry about the warranty card. just give their CS a call.

S&W is not my favorite handgun manufacturer, but their customer service is excellent and I feel confident they will replace you pistol with a new one, likely a better model.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. It is a relief to know their CS is so good. I can now call them Monday with a bit more confidence. I was sure I was going to have to do a lot of leg work to prove I am the original owner.

Thanks you both for the help.

thebrain
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I was at an open house at a gun club last year, and S&W had their reps there.  Someone came in with one of the 9M's mentioned above and complained about the reliability.  They told him the same thing.  Call up and complain to Customer Service about it, and they will likely replace it with a 908.  

The upper management of S&W at the time of the release of the original Sigmas was horrible.  The engineers on the Sigma project argued with them constantly, saying that more testing and modifications needed to be made before the product was ready for release.  But, the management at the time, who answered to the British owners, forced the Sigma into production.  That was the worst mistake S&W ever made, aside from the Brits siding with the Klinton administration, but that's over and done with.

Now, a little off topic, I'd have to say the 2nd worst production mistake they ever made was discontinuing the K-frame .357 mags.  Their excuse was that the K-frame "was not designed to withstand today's .357 magnum loadings".  So, they went with an L-frame to replace the M65 and 66 (two of the best revolvers S&W ever produced, BTW).  But, you can buy a lightweight J-frame snubby, or a 5" J-frame M60.  So, the K-frame can't hold up to the .357 magnum, but the J-frame can?  Or are you supposed to just buy it, look at it, and not fire it because it's "not designed" to hold up?  Total BS if I ever heard it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top