Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 7:43:00 AM EDT
I presume the answer should be "yes".  I noticed that mine rides on the bottom of the hole in the slide.  I have not yet shot it so this may or may not matter... it's more just an exercise in curiousity.  Lock up is tight, so there probably isn't any reason it wouldn't shoot great.

yes, i'm a glock newb.  my only other centerfire semi-auto is a Springfield 1911 that has a tighter fit between the barrel and the bushing (i know there isn't a bushing on the glock).
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#1]
When the slide is in battery, the barrel will sit on the bottom of the hole in the slide just as you have described. Your pistol is normal.

The extra room above the barrel when it's in battery is to allow for the barrel to tip upward as the slide moves out of battery. Notice that the barrel is tipped upward when the slide is locked back. The barrel is now occupying the space toward the top of the hole in the front of the slide.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:27:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that... makes perfect sense!    and I demonstrated it to myself with the pistol.  Thanks for the info Hero!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:00:10 AM EDT
[#3]
No prob!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, perfecly normal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top