Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2006 1:36:28 PM EDT
I am looking for a middle of the road sholder holster for my sig 226(does not have rails)
I would like the kind that have a pouch or to on the other side for mags as well.
http://www.shootersmart.com/site/Library/display/?prodid=38671
does annyone have an opinion on this holster?
do they offer them in fabric or a darker color? prefferably black.
I know nothing about holsters, but i am trying to educate my self fast as i want to pick one up soon.
thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks like the Galco JackAss rig with different straps:
www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp?ProductID=661&GunID=151
Price is nice for the one you linked, but the color is only tan or "havana" as Galco calls it.

If you want a black one here is the Miami Classic:
www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp?ProductID=3177&GunID=151

I'll look around for some more for you.

ETA: fixed links.

ETA2:
www.bianchi-intl.com
Just be careful with the elastic ones... they tend to give too much when you need to pull out the gun.  The holster comes too.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:18:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the Alessi Bodyguard and find it more comfortable than the Galco.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#3]
What I don't like about the look of the one posted up top is, it appears to have the mag pouch open end up. I'd find this rather awkward. I sort of like the low center of the back strap, it means less "dangling" when bending, etc... but I rarely find that a problem with my Miami Classics from Galco (I have 3) which is the only one I have experiene with. I'm quite pleased with them (obviously) but would not hesitate to try other quality rigs (like the Alessi mentioned above).

I'd personally stay away from the bargain brands though. Usually too many compromises. You're gonna own that for a lonnnnng time (my oldest Miami Classic is about 20 years old!), might as well spend enough to get one worth wearing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top