Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:11:12 PM EDT
is that all that is needed to make an older 23 to .357 sig standards? i'm guessing it is.

just wanted to get some feedback from here to confirm it.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe a 23 can only be converted to 9mm, according to Lone Wolf's site.  Not sure what other manufacturers make barrels for glocks.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#2]
You are correct. All you need is a barrel. OMB has the Glock OEM .357 sig barrels at great prices.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
is that all that is needed to make an older 23 to .357 sig standards? i'm guessing it is.

Thanks in advance.

NO! You should not convert a 2nd gen G23 to .357SIG. The receiver is not reinforced
enough to handle the added slide speed. However if you do and you crack the receiver
or break a rail Glock will replace it for free with a 3rd gen receiver(as long as you don't
tell them you converted it). One thing that will help to keep from damaging the 2nd
gen receiver when shooting 357SIG is change out the recoil spring to a #20 or #22 spring...

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks very much!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes you can convert some 2nd gen 23's to .357.  You need to contact Glock and ask.
They will take your serial number and advise if you have the correct frame reinforcements.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes you can convert some 2nd gen 23's to .357.  You need to contact Glock and ask.
They will take your serial number and advise if you have the correct frame reinforcements.

The serial number range only pertains to about 1000 2nd gen G23s. In all the years
I've dealt with Glock I've never seen one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks in advance.

NO! You should not convert a 2nd gen G23 to .357SIG. The receiver is not reinforced
enough to handle the added slide speed. However if you do and you crack the receiver
or break a rail Glock will replace it for free with a 3rd gen receiver(as long as you don't
tell them you converted it). One thing that will help to keep from damaging the 2nd
gen receiver when shooting 357SIG is change out the recoil spring to a #20 or #22 spring...

EXACTLY!  NO-GO.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Boy was I ever misinformed! I apologize for my misinformation above. That could have been dangerous.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top