Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/22/2008 9:57:10 AM EDT
i inherited a very clean browning from my pops. after shooting the hell out of it the hammer will now drop if the mag is smartly inserted or occasionally when the slide is released into battery. im thinking the sear has worn? can i get the parts fom brownells and pay a wiser man to replace em for me or is it easy enough for a monkey? thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:21:39 PM EDT
You're correct- worn sear. I assume hammer is falling to half cock notch?

Replacing is the easy part. The parts will go in, but to get the best possible trigger pull takes a bit of knowledge. And lots of reassembly/disassembly when stoning the engagement surfaces.

If you never taken a Hi Power beyond field strip, do yourself a favor and buy Stephen Camps Guide to HP Disassembly. Great photos, short, clear instructions:
www.hipowersandhandguns.com/
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:00:50 AM EDT
I would check the sear spring first. Unless the sear is worn to a fine point, it's probably just the spring.

Make sure the sear spring is putting plenty of tension against the sear. You can bend it slightly to increase tension. Take it out and shoot it, if it's fixed, just order a new spring.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 11:55:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BPR:
I would check the sear spring first. Unless the sear is worn to a fine point, it's probably just the spring.

Make sure the sear spring is putting plenty of tension against the sear. You can bend it slightly to increase tension. Take it out and shoot it, if it's fixed, just order a new spring.

+1 That would be the first place to start.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 12:26:19 PM EDT
thanks alot fellas
Top Top