Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2011 4:48:10 AM EDT
Well thinking of getting one
BUT don't really need it. Not going to hunt or be in grizzly country
Well maybe once or twice in the next 30 years.

Just thought it would be cool toy to load for and to mess with and have some fun.

Crazy idea or what? Started off going to maybe get the judge then ended up with this idea
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:53:39 AM EDT
[#1]
"Need"? Please explain this word to me - "need"  

If you think it will be fun - and you can afford the gun (and the ammo!), just get it.

Take care,
Bob S.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
"Need"? Please explain this word to me - "need"  

If you think it will be fun - and you can afford the gun (and the ammo!), just get it.

Take care,
Bob S.

Need is irrelevant!

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one for a while and my advice would be ask in your HTF if anyone would let you fire theirs in exchange for 1/2 a box of ammo or something. (you shoot 1/2 and they get the rest plus brass)

Cheaper than buying and deciding the thrill barely lasts through one cylinder full of ammo imho.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I had one for a while and my advice would be ask in your HTF if anyone would let you fire theirs in exchange for 1/2 a box of ammo or something. (you shoot 1/2 and they get the rest plus brass)
Cheaper than buying and deciding the thrill barely lasts through one cylinder full of ammo imho.

Yeah, definitely try one first.  I have shot both the 10" and the 4".  The 10" was manageable.  The 4", after 4 rounds, my wrist was hurting pretty good.  (And I own several .44 Mags.)  They're not on my 'Fun List' like a .44 is.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I have three: 4", a 5" JRS and a 6 1/2" PC Hunter. Who says you have to always shoot full power loads? Do you do it with a .44 mag? The .500 has enough power that you can down load it to reasonable levels of recoil and still have more power than anything else. With reasonable loads they are a lot of fun to shoot. With full power loads, they can be a handful.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#6]
My dad has one and it's a blast to shoot. If you reload it's not a big deal you can kind of control how bad you want it to recoil and you can shoot for a lot less money. Factory ammo is expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top