Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 2:36:52 PM EDT
ive looked here at http://norecoil.com/  ..

im looking to put a compensator on my beretta m9a1.  
ive looked at the fire dragon barrels, but its kina pricey.  id really like to get a whole compensator altogether, do they make one for the m9a1?  or is there a better choice for an extended compensated barrel?

thanks in advance....

m
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the Beretta Forum. This guy Ric is reproducing the famous SGS Italian compensator. You use your original standard 4.9" barrel.
They look like this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/viper1357/Berettas/SGS1764.jpg

The originals sell for $400 plus. He is going to be selling them half that.

Read the whole thread over there before posting any questions. You will most likely find your answers in the posts already made.

Since you are going to try this on your M9A1 with an accessory rail, you would need to remove more material on the wings of the compensator to fit the dustcover on the frame. This was discussed towards the end of the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlbSDqa5DtU&feature=related
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#2]
robert,

ive been watching that thread too.  i have an m9a1 tho.  so im not sure if thats gona work .. for mine
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Check out the Beretta Forum. This guy Ric is reproducing the famous SGS Italian compensator. You use your original standard 4.9" barrel.
They look like this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/viper1357/Berettas/SGS1764.jpg

The originals sell for $400 plus. He is going to be selling them half that.

Read the whole thread over there before posting any questions. You will most likely find your answers in the posts already made.

Since you are going to try this on your M9A1 with an accessory rail, you would need to remove more material on the wings of the compensator to fit the dustcover on the frame. This was discussed towards the end of the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlbSDqa5DtU&feature=related

Hi Robert,

That looks like my gun with an original SGS, on my signature treadplate.. Sure you can post my pic without permission.. lol  But we should show what the actual "SGS Styled Compensators" Ric from the beretta forum is making in the picture below. It is an improved version of the original SGS and will not have any engraving, but has dimensional, fitting, safety, material and fitting improvements that will in fact be better for the 92FS than the original SGS which was made for the 92F models. Please also note it WILL NOT BE ENGRAVED SGS ITALY.

Here are some pics of the actual test prototype I was testing for him. The metal is raw 7071 aluminum with a hardened steel bushing the barrel rests in in full battery. The finished units will be in black anodized to match the black 92's and also he is working on a plated INOX colored version as well.. This is a seriously tremendous opportunity as a real class act add on compensator accessorie..

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:44:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Viper. I didnt think you would mind.

Micronut,
This is pulled from the Beretta Forum specifically targeting the question about the accessory rail.

The OD of the wings or tabs on one of my original SGS compensators is approximately .985". The OD of the wings on the samples of the new compensator is the same since the new compensators are made to the exact dimensions as the original. The OD of the dust cover on my Vertec with the built in rail is approximately .860". Therefore, you have a difference of approximately .125" or .0625 on each side or wing to work with. For those of you who have been following the discussion of the "gap", I don't see any reason why we could not go over the "average" OD of a Vertec or G-SD or M9A1 dust cover by .008" and provide you with a finished compensator that should fit on your Vertec style frame with the built in rail "as is" right out of the box and in theory not have to be fitted. The wings or tabs would be fairly thin, a little less than one half of the normal fitted size of the wings on an SGS style compensator, but the wings should still work as intended to prevent any rotational movement of a "properly installed" compensator around the vertical axis of the frame.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
thank you ...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey Viper. I didnt think you would mind.

Not a bit...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top