Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
4/18/2021 9:59:29 PM
Posted: 10/5/2012 12:44:16 PM EDT
I am about to begin reloading my own ammo for the first time.  I have been thinking that it may be wise to consider replacing my stock Glock 19 barrel with something that would have a little better case support and traditional rifling should I decide to reload some lead bullets down the road.   I don't have an unlimited budget to work with, so I probably don't need the very best money can buy.

What you all recommend?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:22:14 PM EDT
With properly made reloads the factory barrel is fine, even with cast lead. Just brush out the bore every 200 rounds. The no lead or reloads in glocks thing is beating a dead horse
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:26:28 PM EDT
One o fthe best barrels you can buy is by KKM. The barrel has full support in the chamber area and conventional rifleing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:43:56 PM EDT
I wouldn't worry about the brass in 9mm, but would go for the barrel if you'll eventually want to shoot lead bullets.

I have had three different Lone Wolf barrels and can't say anything bad about them.  I also have a KKM, which is also good to go.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:10:10 AM EDT
I used a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel several years ago......it had a tight chamber and would only work with brass that had been resized with the EGW "U" die........that being said it ran great with factory ammo.......I would buy another and am going to for my Glock 19
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:50:56 AM EDT
Where do you find KKM barrels?  I have the same interest.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 3:34:25 PM EDT
Quoted:
One o fthe best barrels you can buy is by KKM. The barrel has full support in the chamber area and conventional rifleing.

KKM +1
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:37:02 PM EDT
I too have a KKM for my Compensated G19. (I didn't care for the compensated part.)   The KKM is very  nice.

However, everthing I am reading is that you can reload anything but LEAD in glock barrels.  Plated is fine. ie. Ranier.   I put 100 though my G34 with zero issues.  I shot a Glock match and a bunch of guys where shooting reloads through Glock barrels. (Including lead.)  

YMMV
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:46:27 PM EDT
There is a lot of controversy about lead in Glock barrels. Some bullet companires say teh hard cast bullets are fine if cast hard enough. Other say clean the barrel every 300 - 300 rounds to keep from having to much lead build up. With barrels like KKM and Lone Wolf you eliminate the problem all togethre. If shooting hit or Plus P loads it is best to use one of teh aftermarket barrels due to the better support in the chamber than in a standard Glock barrel.
Top Top