Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 12:02:25 PM EDT
After how many rounds do you replace your recoil spring? What are some symptoms of having to replace?

And a real FNG question but, but how do you know if you want a 16 or 18 1/2 lbs. spring? IS it preference, or different models take differently wieghted springs.

THanks
PJ
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#1]
They recommend replacing it after approximately 2000 rounds. You can tell that your spring might be getting week if it starts ejecting your brass 10 feet away or more. I have heard that the spent shells should be about 6 feet away.
If your spring is too weak, it can cause failure to feeds, cause excessive battering on your frame, and other problems (maybe someone can offer more info here).

As far as the 16 or 18 lb springs, I just replaced mine with a Wolff 18.5, and it did extremely well in my pistol. Most factory springs are 16 lb though. Either one should be good, but if you think you might be shooting light loads, you're probably better off with the 16.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top