Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 1:08:55 PM EDT
Hi,

Is there anyone out there who is using a Buffertech recoil buffer for their p226 9mm?  I just got one, and it's pretty obvious how it goes in but it seems to be about 1/2" too long.  It's not really wanting to go in no matter how much I try to force it.  Any advice for a noob would be awesome.

Thanks,
-icy
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do u need one?  Especially on a 9mm.  The round is so docile especialy in a full size handgun like a 226.  My 226 is very tame.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree on the tameness, but my wife is pretty small and I'm putting it in to help her out.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Well in my experience recoil buffers actually amplify recoil because in effect, they compress the recoil spring by one or two rings, this was certianly the case with my AK, after installing the buffer, the bolt would return back to battery much harder than before, this of course threw the muzzle down after each shot causing my sight picture to be low for follow up shots.  This is to say nothing of the fact that placing a buffer in the action invariably screws with and completely alters the stroke of the slide or bolt carrier or what have you.  If there is one thing you dont want to do its alter the physics of your weapon.  The other point to the recoil buffer arguement that i want to make is that if your weapon needed one it would be part of the design, as is the case with the AR.  I realize that i am comparing apples to oranges by using rifles as examples here but the physics of the arguement still stand.  Think about it, everyone wants a gun with less recoil.  Why would the factory NOT include a buffer if it was needed in the design?  Just work with your wife politely and reinforce the fact that the weapon cant hurt her if she handles it properly and shoots with propper form.  Stressing the proper shooting stance such as a Modified Isoceles will go much farther in helping her absorb recoil than will a buffer.  If a company like SIG omitted a buffer when it actually needed one, do you think they would be atop the service pistol food chain?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top