Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2003 3:47:39 PM EDT
Im looking to buy one but never held one. People say the grip is thinner and shorter grip and anyone give me info.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:02:48 PM EDT
Thinner compared to what?

I have a 8000 and the ergonomics on it is amazing!!

Really accurate and the rotating barrel does wonders for follow up shots and recoil.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:22:00 PM EDT
Way too top-heavy for my tastes. The slide is too bulky for its size of frame, IMO.

I own a 92FS which I love so I'm not against Beretta but the Cougar is their version of Sigma, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:53:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:
Way too top-heavy for my tastes. The slide is too bulky for its size of frame, IMO.

How is this? The slide is the same widht as the grip, and the grip is the same width as a 92f

I own a 92FS which I love so I'm not against Beretta but the Cougar is their version of Sigma, IMO.

I think saying the 8000 is compared to the "sigma" line is really out there.

Its beretta's Mid size line they they were in much need. Are you sure your not thinking of the beretta "Cheetah" ?

Please take a 800 out for a long test drive I garantee you will like it Almost (I know as much or more than) your 92. I like the 8000 over the 92 but thats me and I get the idea that your a 92 kinda guy. Thats fine.

But I think your really discounting the 8000.

Just my 2¢
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:40:35 AM EDT
First class handgun. The quality is as good as and probably a little better than the 92 series...certainly nothing at all like the Sigmas! (Cole...what were you smoking when you said that? Ha!) For me they tend to pinch my trigger finger when I try and do fast followup shots, so I don't own one, but they are certainly worth a serious look. The rotating barrel is an old concept and it works extremely well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:50:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:

How is this? The slide is the same widht as the grip, and the grip is the same width as a 92f

Because it's TALLER than it needs to be or should be.

I think saying the 8000 is compared to the "sigma" line is really out there.
To each his own, eh? But Cougars aren't exactly setting sales records, eh?

Its beretta's Mid size line they they were in much need. Are you sure your not thinking of the beretta "Cheetah" ?
Oh, no. I've shot the Cougar & never have shot the Cheetah.

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:51:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ikor:
(Cole...what were you smoking when you said that? Ha!)

Gunpowder?
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:17:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:48:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wave:
I'm seriously considering switching back to my Beretta 8000D Mini-Cougar for off duty carry from my Glock 26.

How come? (If I may ask.)
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 4:20:51 PM EDT
Top Top