Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/6/2006 7:45:45 PM EDT
I took the new XD 45 to the range. It is an awesome shooter
However, after about 40 rounds, I noticed the pin which holds the rail (Rail Pin?) coming out
I put the pin back in and I shot 20-30 more rounds. I noticed the trigger pin coming out also.
I think the recoil is moving the pins out.
Is anyone also having the same problem.
the owner of the gun shop told me he is going to contact Springfield and let me know if I have to send it back.
I really don't want to send it in and wait
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:41:47 PM EDT
A slightly bigger pin would solve it, IMO.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:43:26 PM EDT
What a piece of crap
Send it to me today and you'll never have to think about it again

I'd send her back a wait...... by the mailbox
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:13:38 AM EDT
I'm sorry you're having problems. I haven't experienced any problems with my XD 45ACP. Definitely let Springfield make things right.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:56:41 AM EDT
That sucks I'm the only one with this problem.
Well, I sent the pistol in through my gun dealer.
lets see what springfield can and will do
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:07:31 AM EDT
I have a XD 45 acp 5 inch tactical model and have not had any problems
runs like a hot knife thru butter
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:28:59 PM EDT
My experience with SA customer service has been top notch. Let them make it right. Post the outcome
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:52:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SIGNAL4L:
My experience with SA customer service has been top notch. Let them make it right. Post the outcome

+1 It may just be a made on Monday thing. I bet SA fixes it. Thanks for posting though as we can keep an eye out for it now. My XD.45 has ran like a dream as far as reliability. I wish it was as accurate as my CZ 97B though but for a carry pistol or house gun it is fantastic.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:36:24 AM EDT
There is a wire ring retainer in the right side of the frame.(ejector port side).
Where they installed?
The pins should be notched on both and and the should lock in to place you may be able to just reverse the pin and it may lock in better.
Sorry I don't have an xd 45 but have owned four 40's at one point.I am 95% sure they are still retaining the pins the same.
Disassemble instructions look at hs2000.com He has good illustrations
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:10:45 PM EDT
Mine has been perfect so far and is well on it's way to replacing my beloved Glock 17 as my main carry piece. Hope SA makes it right, let us know!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:08:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RT_Performance:
There is a wire ring retainer in the right side of the frame.(ejector port side).
Where they installed?
The pins should be notched on both and and the should lock in to place you may be able to just reverse the pin and it may lock in better.
Sorry I don't have an xd 45 but have owned four 40's at one point.I am 95% sure they are still retaining the pins the same.

Just got the XD back. Very fast service
I shot 50 rounds at the gun range and no problem.
I don't remember the wire ring retainer in the .45s
I think it will be OK from now on
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:09:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By outofammo:

Originally Posted By RT_Performance:
Where they installed?

Just got the XD back. Very fast service
I shot 50 rounds at the gun range and no problem.
I don't remember the wire ring retainer in the .45s
I think it will be OK from now on

Great news.
Top Top