Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 10:20:40 AM EDT
I'll try to keep this simple..  I own 3 xd pistols.   2 are service XD's.  one in 40 the other in 357sig..  the 40 came with 2 factory 10 rounders.  the 357sig came with 2 12's.  on both pistol's  the slide does not  stay back after the last round, on either magazine.  they are not diry  i clean them after each trip to the range.  they are both less that 1 year old.  the 40 has maybe 200 rounds though it.  the 357sig has maybe 3-400....  i am using the original mag that came with the pistol i have not switched the 40 with the 357sig

i have not shot the last xd my subcompact in a while, im not sure if it does it also or not.

TIA
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Load a mag and hand cycle it.  Do not shoot just keep racking the slide until the last round is ejected.  Watch your hands to make sure you don't accidently hit the slide stop.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
also, do you leave your mags loaded? if so your springs may be on there way out.  i have to change my duty springs every 3 months. just somthing to check
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:47:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:59:40 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the reply's..

I have tried emptying the mag, inserting and then dropping the slide, and then pulling the slide back and it does stay open.  Every time  I also posted this in the general discussion, and we have pretty much decided that I am not locking my wrist when i shoot.  I haven't been to the pistol range yet, to try locking my wrist so i will post if it fixes the problem. I am confident that it will.

thanks again
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I think I might have an answer to your problem. I usually shoot 1911 and use a high thumb grip hold. When I started with my XD-9 Tactical, the slide wouldn’t lock back. It seems that I was hitting the slide release lever ever so slightly. I since have readjusted my grip where my right thumb rests in the groove of the grip. The “malfunction” has miraculously disappeared.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top