Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 3:49:46 PM EDT
does anyone know where i can find a tool to remove and install a ppk barrel.i recently bought a ppk junker that needs a barrel,thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#1]
The only tool I've ever seen for purchase was a device made for changing Markarov barrels.  This would also work for the Walther's.

I used to see these for sale in Shotgun News and at places like Tapco and Cheaper Than Dirt, but not for a few years.

Basically, these were a thick, flat plate with a hole in the center that would pass the rear of the barrel.

Another thick, flat plate with a plastic or brass pad was attached to the rear plate by two heavy threaded rods with nuts on the ends of the rods.

The rear plate is slipped over the rear of the barrel with the hole aligned with the barrel and resting on the frame around the barrel.

The front plate rests on the front of the barrel with a plastic or brass pad between the muzzle and the plate, to protect the muzzle.

The barrel retaining pin is pushed out.
The two nuts on the threaded rods are evenly tightened, pressing the barrel backward and out of the frame.

To install the new barrel, the press device is reversed, with the hole on the front of the frame and the nut end to the rear.

The fixture can be made from two pieces of flat plate stock, two threaded rods, and two nuts.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks alot,you really seem to know your gusmithing,thanks.ron
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top