Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 3:08:50 PM EDT
Does the p226 have a decocker? Im trying to find a good handgun without a decocker, or external safety for my job i applied for, the rules are setforth by the company, no ext safety, no decocker. And i really dont want a glock.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#1]
regular P226 does indeed have a decocker

You might check into the P226 with a DAK trigger. That is DAO and has no decocker.

What job did you apply for? Those requirements seem odd.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Armored truck driver/guard for dunbar armored. seems they want a glock or revolver, and i dont like glocks, and i still want an auto. I thought the DAK trigger didnt have a decocker, thanks alot.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:54:10 AM EDT
[#3]
The DAK does not appear to have a decocker, look at the pics on Sigs website.

There are plenty of pistols that fit your bill.  Try a Walther if you dont like the Sig.  The P99 doesnt have an external safety and is(was?) offered in DAO.  Besides maybe they wouldnt notice the dococker on the P99 anyway
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#4]
That seems like a really odd requirment. I did armored transport for three years and while they had regulations for the guns (ex: no 1911s), it was nothing like that at all. I actually carried my P226 for both companies I worked for. I'd question that requirment, man. I've worked with people who moved over from Dunbar and none of them carried Glocks. I believe one guy had some sort of Beretta and the other guy had a Sig of some sort.  But I never did work for Dunbar, so I don't know what their rules are, especially state to state. But yeah, I'd ask about that one. They may just be trying to deter their employees from carrying their own weapons, I know Loomis Fargo doesn't (didn't) allow personal weapons (at least in NC), as odd as that is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top