Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 6:14:53 PM EDT
took my  brand new sig SP2022 to range . fired about 180 rds with  no problem
gun is accurate morethan me for sure
question is no need "break in time" is good or bad ?
TIA
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the hardcore break in stuff is more for super accurate match type rifles.  With a pistol I just shoot the piss out of it and then clean it like normal.  For me the "break in" period is more of a reliability test.  I dont go out of my way to shoot X number of rounds, clean, shoot another X number of rounds, clean and so on.  Havent run into any problems yet.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a SIG, just clean, shoot, clean and shoot some more.  Just refer to your instruction manual clean the initial protective grease and relube.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Usually, I like to have a couple hundred rounds of my chosen (or issued) carry ammo through a new pistol without a bobble before I'll carry it for defensive purposes.  Sigs are typically very reliable, though, I've never had one give me an issue during the "break in."

Regards,

Kevin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top