Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 1/14/2013 8:21:18 PM EDT
I bought a new sig p226 rtss and had a couple questions. I asked on other sites but want to get a general consensus on some perceived issues. First, I noticed after cleaning tonight that the ejector is loose. It wiggles around a bit. Normal or not? 2nd, I am assuming that the scratch on the frame under the decocker is normal wear from using the decocker (I have a stainless model if it makes a difference), similar to the scratch mark from the safety on an AK or FAL. Also, when the deocker is used and spring to the top again it seems to be putting a chip in the frame. Again, normal wear or not? Thanks for the help. Here is a pic. There is some grease showing because I wanted to see if it would help reduce the wear from the decocker.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:28:24 AM EDT
Totally normal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:09:41 PM EDT
Does anyone know if this indentation is going to stop. Everytime I go shooting it gets a bit worse. I called sig and they said it was normal like others have said. I am just wondering when it will stop chipping in to the frame. Would different grips help keep the decocker lever from hitting the frame at the top?

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:29:52 PM EDT
Normal. Ejector floats. The de-cocker can easily be removed and sanded down a bit in the area where it is contacting if its that big of a deal.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:55:21 AM EDT
it is normal. every sig i have ever held has had the same mark. and yes the marks on the barrel are normal
Top Top