Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/1/2009 7:11:45 AM EST
Just got my new sigp226 standard model, std black & shot Wolf 9mm ammo through it. After shooting 7 shots or so, it will not eject the spent case so I have pull back the slide to eject it. Occasionally it will give me a "stove pipe" I think they call it, then it will eject fine for a 1/2 dozen ot so. Does it need cleaned from the factory before I shoot it? Think cleaning will fix the problem? My old sig p226 never jammed, ever, even when REALLY dirty. I wanted to get the newer one w/ the underlug rail for the InsightX2 light which I put on it & the Crimson Trace laser grips & tridium night sights. Now I'm missing my old sig that never jammed. I don't know that much about them since I never had a problem before. When it doesn't jam, it is fun to use the laser but I have to get used to it.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 7:38:00 AM EST
My older Sig 228 , west german, does not like the steel case stuff, but works with blazer alum and all brass. Just a little finicky i guess.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 9:01:55 AM EST
New guns should always be cleaned before shooting them

Wolf is pretty underpowered ammo. The might need a few more rounds through it before it will cycle the wolf or it might never work. Some like it some dont.

I would run a couple hundred more rounds of whatever it will cycle and then try the wolf again.

My 229 40 eats it up but the ejection is pretty weak.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 9:30:46 AM EST
Thanks for the input but incase it still doesn't work, is there a weaker spring or some other change/modification I could do to make it eject better?
Thanks again
Jim
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 10:40:06 AM EST
Wolff makes aftermarket recoil springs.

I am not sure that is your problem though, it is one of many things that can cause a fail to eject.

Wolff

You can get them from Brownells and several other retailers
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:03:53 AM EST
I tried 2 other brands of ammo w/o any problems. I called SIG & they said they do not recommend using Wolf ammo. They said it overheats the gun due to the coating they use in the bullet plus the round is very inconsistent. I guess I'll use the Wolf for practice only, knowing it will FTE. I really regret buying Wolf ammo. I wish I knew this a couple years ago when I bought it, oh well. My Bushmaster doesn't like it either in .223.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:04:15 AM EST
I have never heard of the over heating but I would agree that it is not as consistent.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:01:09 AM EST
The question is not "Why won't my SIG eject Wolf ammo?", but rather "Why in hell would anyone put that shit Wolf ammo in a quality SIG?"
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:18:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2009 2:19:18 PM EST by stevemr2t]
Originally Posted By TomHighway:
The question is not "Why won't my SIG eject Wolf ammo?", but rather "Why in hell would anyone put that shit Wolf ammo in a quality SIG?"

It's like buying a ferrari and wanting to run it on 87 grade gas to save some $$$
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:21:03 PM EST
Originally Posted By stevemr2t:
Originally Posted By TomHighway:

It's like buying a ferrari and wanting to run it on 87 grade gas to save some $$$

Not really.

Wolf wont hurt the gun and some run it just fine. It is pretty to pay for a new gun(sometimes a couple times over) with the cost savings from wolf.

Irony to me are the guys who buy 2-4k dollar firearms, high end ammo, and do little to no real training or practice. Busting rocks with TAP ammo is always good for a laugh.

Lots of the people turning to wolf or reloads is because they shoot high volumes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 6:54:31 AM EST
I had bought 1000 round of it back in 2001 & shot some of it through my old sig P226 w/o any problems I just bought this new tricked out version & wanted to burn some ammo through it so I was suprised that it didn't work in the new gun. This is actually really good practice, learning to clear the jam quickly. I can do it now like 2nd nature w/o even thinking about it. Anyone even shoot Fiotchi ammo? Any good or is it crappy like Wolfe?
Thanks
Top Top