Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 3:10:49 PM EDT
I just got back from my local gunshop with my new stainless PT92AFShave, and did not like it. The Taurus caught my eye. The frame safety is much better in my opinion, I am usually a 1911 guy. I also left with 300 rounds of ammo, a Galco holster, and 4-17 round magazines. Hopefully I will get to shoot it tomorrow, if so, I'll post my first impressions.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I am looking to get the exact same gun this month. Let me know how it shots, also what did you give for it, I am hoping to get one for under $400 if possible.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
The pistol shoots excellent. I ran 200 rounds of various ammo (115 FMJ to 147 HP) through it without a single hiccup. After the fist 5 rounds I had to drift the rear sight slightly, then it was dead on. My 25 yard target had one ragged hole right in the center.  Recoil was pleasant with all ammo. I am definately pleased with the pistol. I paid $520 for the pistol, 4-17 round mags and Galco leather small of the back holster. I think I got a pretty good deal, but I buy from this dealer alot. You could get a used one for around $400, but I doubt a new one for that. This pistol has become my CCW for winter, a jacket or sweater is a must because of the size. My Glock 26 will remain by summer CCW. If you find one, you will definately be pleased.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the accuracy better than the 1911?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I triple love my PT92.  I have one in a tactical case with 4 17 round MecGar mags from CDNN.  It suppliments my M-4 Colt 6920.  The Taurus 92 will shoot every time the trigger is pulled.  Go to HighPowers and Handguns and read Steve Camps test of a Taurus 92.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I picked one up for just under $400 with 2 17-rnd mags just before Christmas at a Sun Coast gun show. It is fairly accurate and I have had no issues with it (other than dropping it and knocking the rear sight all funny). Very good gun for the money.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is the accuracy better than the 1911?

I wouldn't say better, but equal to a bone stock 1911(like SA G.I.).
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I just bought a PT92 myself three days ago.  I was looking to get a Beretta 92 and they had many Taurus handguns. I looked at both and did a little more homework and went back and got the PT92 for $375.00.  They wanted $650.00+tax for the Beretta. I went with the Taurus. It is a DAMN FINE handgun. Very accurate and a pleasure to shoot. I cannot see spending $300 more for the Beretta.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone else have their PT92 eject the spent brass right at your head?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:03:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I just bought one on gunbroker for $362, plus I will pay $22 for the transfer.  $385 new in the box with 2 factory mags, seems like a good deal.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#10]
The Taurus PT92 is a damn fine handgun. I have had mine for a couple of years and it has never had any failures with a wide variety of ammo. I got mine at a gunshow for $325 with two 10 round mags (during the ban). I like the safety/decocker on the Taurus alot better than the Beretta/M9, much better IMO.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a Taurus PT-92 that I bought in 1987.  It's fired over 5000 rds with no malfunctions.  It has the old style frame-mounted safety with no decocker.  It always feeds, no matter what I'm shooting.  I almost bought a Beretta, but now I'm glad I didn't.

SP

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

No, mine ejects back over my right shoulder.  You can adjust where it goes by tuning/reshaping the extractor.  You can also screw up your extractor this way.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, mine ejects back over my right shoulder.  You can adjust where it goes by tuning/reshaping the extractor.  You can also screw up your extractor this way.

Or just call taurus and tell them about it, They have great customer service.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Got it this saturday and took it to the range.  Great gun, put 100 rounds of WWB, very accurate at 25 yards and had no problems.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#15]
i jsut got a pt 92 lastweek and i love it.  it shoots great and cycles ammo perfectly.  the one problem i have with it is that it sometimes gets jammed up and i cant feild strip it.   i put the switch down and the slide wont slide forward.  it feels like its getteing caught on somehting inside.  am i doing something wrong or did i put it back together wrong? any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. thanks

Kevin
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i jsut got a pt 92 lastweek and i love it.  it shoots great and cycles ammo perfectly.  the one problem i have with it is that it sometimes gets jammed up and i cant feild strip it.   i put the switch down and the slide wont slide forward.  it feels like its getteing caught on somehting inside.  am i doing something wrong or did i put it back together wrong? any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. thanks

Kevin

Not sure what your problem is, here is what I do though:

-Remove the mag
-pull back and lock the slide
-verify it is unloaded
-push the button on the right forward side and flip the slide switch down
-Hold the slide and push the slide release
-let it go forward slowly and you should be able to go right off the front with the slide.

Mine is a 2002 model, if yours is older it may be different.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#17]
about my pt92.  well i got it apart finally and one of the rails where the barrel slides is bent up.  so the barrel was getting caght on it.kinda hard to explain exactly but i took it back to the dealer and they are sending it back to taurus for me.  hopefully ill get a new frame or a whole new gun.  i just got it about a week ago so i dont know. thanks for the reply though

Kevin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top